Apple music to launch lossless streaming

Apple Lossless audio is a format that enables the apple fanboy to experience more clarity in sound, with less compression and noise. The problem is, not many people know how to listen to it properly. Tidal has been a popular way for listeners to enjoy this type of music, but they recently ran into financial problems and had their service shut down for several hours recently due to an internal system error. Spotify also has Lossless Audio as one of its options but charges a monthly fee for premium accounts. Which option should you choose? There are pros and cons for each!

You’re right. Volumes can make up for the smaller payout per play. Conversely, volume allows a platform to negotiate lower artist payout rate.
Yes, although I am guessing the difference in contract for artists is already baked into the revenue per plays or min wage in x plays metric

Cheers
Nothing new - just repeats what’s been on the Apple India website - ‘Coming soon’. That’s exactly what their customer support replied to my query last week after taking two days to confer with their ‘engineering team’ (in her words). :D
IMO it’s time to stop wasting any more time on AM and get back to Tidal or our cd collection.
True, the enthusiasm is drying out and Apple might have dented its own image.

Last edited by a moderator:
In appstore for android, the beta program is full.

I however downloaded the Apk beta for Android from

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple...pple-music-3-6-0-beta-3-android-apk-download/

I installed the build (3.6.0beta-1108) which is supposed to add support for Spatial Audio and Lossless playback, as well as improvements to the crossfade system.

The audio tab now shows up with some eq settings and my samsung s10+ goes to settings and turns on Atmos.

Now, how do I check if I am getting spatial music ?

If you aren't hearing any difference does it even matter if it is labelled as spatial or not?
For me, it is more of a curiosity to see if Spatial and Lossless works on Android. I don't listen to music on headphones and I don't see any option to have it stream spatial or lossless to my av receiver.

Just curiosity and the fun of fiddling with the setups. :)

In appstore for android, the beta program is full.

I however downloaded the Apk beta for Android from

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple...pple-music-3-6-0-beta-3-android-apk-download/

I installed the build (3.6.0beta-1108) which is supposed to add support for Spatial Audio and Lossless playback, as well as improvements to the crossfade system.

The audio tab now shows up with some eq settings and my samsung s10+ goes to settings and turns on Atmos.

Now, how do I check if I am getting spatial music ?
I think on android both are not supported

Some news reports are saying that it will be supported if the beta apk 3.6.0-1108 is installed. I installed it but still no options for lossless streaming.
I have android and iOS. On android it doesn’t show lossless for the tracks which is lossless on iOS. I live in Europe so both my apps are official versions not sideloaded.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back