Apple music to launch lossless streaming

No they are not especially for running a simple music streaming. Even a sub 10k phone runs spotify and tidal perfectly fine.

You just need to accept that apple isn't able to optimize it's software for multiple devices and make peace with it
I am first surprised apple even has an app for android. And if u find 10k phones running tidal and Spotify fine u definitely need to use iPhone once to know Even android flagship phones have frequent crashes with all the applications. My mom uses a Samsung 18k phone and even that’s buggy. There is no running fine in the android ecosystem. Let’s not turn this in to an apple vs android thread.

Last edited:
I
For CD quality, airplay2 is good enough. Airplay 2 is available on my network streamer - CXN V2
In my Apple music app on android mobile, i only see casting available to chromecast video device i have on wifi. CXN V2 chromecast audio device is not seen on the list. On browser or itunes in windows i do not see any cast or airplay option. So effectively i can't cast apple music wirelessly from windows or android devices i have. Only option is to have wired usb connection from windows to streamer. Am i missing smthg? i do not own any ios device
I don’t own a windows PC or Android device to check. But that sounds like a basic feature for any streaming app to cast it to compatible devices around.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just need to accept that apple isn't able to optimize it's software for multiple devices and make peace with it
Or may be that Apple isn’t interested in attempting that given the wide disparity between capability of devices that run on Android. When you make an app to run on the lowest of the devices (the common denominator), you can’t build in features and quality to leverage the capability of the higher devices. In the iOS world, the quality differential between devices is minimal - you can use an iPhone 7 quite effectively even today (how many Android phones of that vintage are still in use?).

I am happy that there’s a stubborn company that doesn’t dilute its design standards in search of mindless volumes.

may be that Apple isn’t interested in attempting that given the wide disparity between capability of devices that run on Android.
Yep any which ways the point stands. Any company that doesn't bother to optimize for Android, why should the users be bothered to use it. It is their business model to Suck money out of the ones who waste it in ios. They have failed miserably on android as nobody has free money to burn on subpar subscription on android

BTW I am using even nexus and lenovo p2 yet and both are much cheaper than iphone 7.my wife's iphone 6 and 7 we had to just scrap in exchange as they become so unusually slow that they are hardly usable anymore

I didn't know making deliberately subpar apps for lower end devices when other companies can make perfectly working app, is part of apples great desire to provide "quality" by forcing people to spend 50k more to run 99 rupees monthly subscription plan.dont know how can one not see through such a transparent money grabbing scheme.

And all other companies like spotify, tidal and gaana are useless because they didn't stick to the quality by managing to give great app experience on 10k or 50k device. Kudos to apple, what a logic!

Streaming in 2021 is the most basic app which can and has been built seamlessly on 4k streaming devices that cost less than 5k, let alone 10k phones. It is not any level of advanced witchcraft. Even raspberry pi runs smooth for every good streaming app

It is just plain and simple bad engineering and greed.

Last edited:
I am first surprised apple even has an app for android. And if u find 10k phones running tidal and Spotify fine u definitely need to use iPhone once to know Even android flagship phones have frequent crashes with all the applications. My mom uses a Samsung 18k phone and even that’s buggy. There is no running fine in the android ecosystem. Let’s not turn this in to an apple vs android thread.
I have an ipad air, iphone 6 7 also used. No difference apart from placebo effect while streaming. I have a 40k android phone and lenovo p2 and basic nexus, again no difference apart from placebo effect

I don't know which android phones or apps you use but I can tell you that these apps crashing on android is a complete myth. Forget android flagship, any 20k phone that you are using which gas app orobkens, odds are it is a crappy android developer

Aren’t you deviating from the topic now? Also you are in effect questioning the judgment of all Apple gadget users. Do
I have given 5 other counter points too, wfich you have chosen yo ignore as they don't align with your story of the world

The same way you are questioning the judgment of 80% of global smartphone android users?

I have an ipad air, iphone 6 7 also used. No difference apart from placebo effect while streaming. I have a 40k android phone and lenovo p2 and basic nexus, again no difference apart from placebo effect
I have used iPhone 6,7 and then moved to xr. Been 2 years and still not a single issue with the xr but the 6 died after a year.My wife’s s9 just lasted for 9 months. She is an apple hater herself demanded she needed an android phone and not I phone which was my choice. Now after it has died and with the awful android experience cause of multiple crashes and constant need to reboot or reset the device she said for now I’ll just get a basic 7k android phone as there not much difference with its flagship interms of reliability and next she will move to iPhone. So every one has their story and experience

Last edited:
I have given 5 other counter points too, wfich you have chosen yo ignore as they don't align with your story of the world
There’s just one point you are making - that Apple Music is buggy on Android phones. Other FMs have posited that it works well on higher end Android phones. So you now have turned the argument to ‘Apple Music is not a good app because it doesn’t run well on lower end Android phones’.

We take your point. Those running lower-speced Android phones should heed your point. In any case, all it takes to try out is a three month free trial with nothing to lose.

BTW, if you re-read the subject of this thread, it’s about ‘Apple Music introducing lossless streaming’. Your angst about the app in general and therefore, in a stricter sense, OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, will have to take your word for it.

However based on this thread which is for Android, the poiny stands that apple music is subpar and useless
Whoa! Hang on to your horses. I’ve been using apple music on android since 2017 and yet to face an issue. using it on iOS and its as seamless as the android experience, which again, is pretty seamless. Seamless = apple music. Its pretty much a mantra which you can chant. Should i throw iTunes on Windows into the mix as well?

and that it sounds a little bit better than spotify to my ears is just the icing on the cake. But that is subjective.

what is not subjective is the seamless performance. It also has a much larger library, especially with respect to regional songs.

but this is not me dissing spotify. spotify connect is an absolute delight with brilliant ease of control across devices.

what is not subjective is the seamless performance. It also has a much larger library, especially with respect to regional songs.
Completely untrue based on my experience and another half million reviews.

Haha iTunes on windows!!! You are either trolling me or am not sure at this point. Even the open source, independent free windows app developers have made 10-100 times better apps for windows than the shittiest resource hog, unstable, restrictive iTunes app which is hot shit on windows. Just so offputting and so nonsensical

I have found the Hindi library and curated playlists of both gaana and spotify to be much better than apple music too. Love the original podcasts on spotify too, though I would have preferred them to be non exclusive that is too much like an apple restrictive dna in my liking

Completely untrue based on my experience and another half million reviews.
Fake feviews through fiver? :p

Correct me if im mistaken but isnt this thread about people who care about the fact that apple is launching a lossless service? To try and change somebody’s mind who’s already content with their services by hating on it and quoting statistics is simply going to be an exercise in futility.

and if you’re trying to keep first timers away, thats really a vendetta of some sort and we need to get to the bottom of it :oops:

To try and change somebody’s mind who’s already content with their services by hating on it and quoting statistics is simply going to be an exercise in futility.
Exactly this is what I have been thinking all along. Why are people so adamant to change my mind that apple music is not the worst streaming option on android. I have tried and ditched it. How will your experience or stats disprove what I have seen with my own eyes.

I don't care if people want to try apple music, but I will be damned if I don't give my unadulterated views and experiences to them in full without throttling, if that can prevent them from a bad experience and the hype. After all, if all of ios users can comment on quality of android app, which presumably many haven't even used, why should I, who has used it on the said platform not voice my disgust for the app?

I don't care about social pressure, especially when it comes at the cost of ignoring well established data and personal experience

And now Amazon is cancelling additional charges for HD Music. Big yikes for Tidal. Their monopoly over high res streaming is coming to an end.

Bye bye MQA certified hardware. :(

Exactly this is what I have been thinking all along. Why are people so adamant to change my mind that apple music is not the worst streaming option on android. I have tried and ditched it. How will your experience or stats disprove what I have seen with my own eyes.

I don't care if people want to try apple music, but I will be damned if I don't give my unadulterated views and experiences to them in full without throttling, if that can prevent them from a bad experience and the hype. After all, if all of ios users can comment on quality of android app, which presumably many haven't even used, why should I, who has used it on the said platform not voice my disgust for the app?

I don't care about social pressure, especially when it comes at the cost of ignoring well established data and personal experience
So please take it up with them. Why are we collateral damage?

The pricing trends from Apple (no premium for lossless) has caused amazon music to follow. Seems likely Spotify will also do something similar

Plz stop fulminating this thread further!

You have made your point over a dozen times and it’s clear folks here don’t share the same experience. So why push it?

I have a old Fiio Q1, hoping that I can use it with MBA and be able to go up to 24 bit 96Khz and use Headphone out or Line out to my Amp. Any Idea, if how we can make it work from iPad Air or iPad Pro with USB-C to a compatible DAC ?

For CD quality, airplay2 is good enough. Airplay 2 is available on my network streamer - CXN V2
In my Apple music app on android mobile, i only see casting available to chromecast video device i have on wifi. CXN V2 chromecast audio device is not seen on the list. On browser or itunes in windows i do not see any cast or airplay option. So effectively i can't cast apple music wirelessly from windows or android devices i have. Only option is to have wired usb connection from windows to streamer. Am i missing smthg? i do not own any ios device
Hi
Can anyone share their experience of casting wirelessly Apple music to their streamers from android or windows apple apps?
i m not able to make it work on my CXN V2
Hope this query does not again get drowned down by pointless posts we have started to see in every other thread on this forum, with grown ups harping on same arguments over and over and over..

Hope this query does not again get drowned down by pointless posts we have started to see in every other thread on this forum, with grown ups harping on same arguments over and over and over..
It’s called passion, dude. And grown-ups needn’t lose it! :D

What’s everyone’s take on Airplay as the mode to play lossless Apple Music as there’s no native play possibility? For those of us who have streamers, Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz/Radio Paradise benefit from native streaming - the sound quality is better than when Airplaying the same. Or given that AirPlay is their own protocol, Apple Music would somehow be able to leverage it better to overcome the limitation, relatively speaking? It’d be interesting to watch.

I don't care if people want to try apple music, but I will be damned if I don't give my unadulterated views and experiences to them in full without throttling,
This thread is not the place for it. You could start a new thread on the app in a separate thread than using the traction this thread has to pursue your agenda.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back