AR 2ax Speakers

nraghunadh

I bought AR2ax Speakers with original cartons from local used amps vendor SANJEEV REDDY. Speakers are very good in condition and as well aesthetics, but tweeters are replaced with local. even quality was amazing with my ST-70 tube amp. I bought them @7K only. He was still having some good speakers, amps, AVRs, Tape decks etc. Posting some pictures

Thanks,
Raghu

Last edited:
Raghu thanks for sharing the pics. Your setup looks beautiful. AR2ax was my first pair of speakers. They use acoustic suspension sound technology. I can remember the sound while writing...

I bought AR2ax Speakers with original cartons from local used amps vendor SANJEEV REDDY. Speakers are very good in condition and as well aesthetics, but tweeters are replaced with local. even quality was amazing with my ST-70 tube amp. I bought them @7K only. He was still having some good speakers, amps, AVRs, Tape decks etc. Posting some pictures

Hi, Very good purchase:clapping:, recently i have got a pair of AR 2ax speakers. One speaker's woofer is in very bad shape ( Box also),surrounds are rotten needs complete reconing. Other drivers seem to be ok ( still to be checked). Is it worth to spend time and money on them? Need some advice.
Thanks,

Hi, Very good purchase:clapping:, recently i have got a pair of AR 2ax speakers. One speaker's woofer is in very bad shape ( Box also),surrounds are rotten needs complete reconing. Other drivers seem to be ok ( still to be checked). Is it worth to spend time and money on them? Need some advice.
Thanks,

Shafic,

My speakers sounding very nice, because of my boxes and woofers are very good in condition. only tweeters replaced and i am trying to get original tweeters. If your boxes are good conditioned you can try re-coning.

Thanks,​
Raghu

I bought a pair of AR94 Speakers back in early 80's in the US. These came to India with me and lost them to flooding of my basement. Its sound played through Dual TT and NAD amp still haunts me.

As a matter of fact a futile search of Speakers that would replicate it got me started on DIY effort !

Enjoy the AR Speakers.

Jayant

Shafic,

My speakers sounding very nice, because of my boxes and woofers are very good in condition. only tweeters replaced and i am trying to get original tweeters. If your boxes are good conditioned you can try re-coning.

Thanks for the post, the boxes are not in good condition,anyway i will try to get that woofer repaired.​

Had the pleasure of listening to these today and they sound just lovely !

q629.jpg

A lot of vintage classics are appearing on quickr these days, recently i saw a pair of Kef 105s and Kef 104s. The 104s were with re-furbished woofer dust caps.

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi Raghu,
Could you please share Sanjeev Reddy's contact details ? I would like to check out what audio gear he still has with him. Regards,
Sanjay

recently i have got a pair of AR 2ax speakers. One speaker's woofer is in very bad shape ( Box also),surrounds are rotten needs complete reconing. Other drivers seem to be ok ( still to be checked). Is it worth to spend time and money on them? Need some advice.
Thanks,

I can provide you recone service for your AR 2AX with "genuine" & original American recone parts and can restore it to its original form.
Vicky

Last edited:
I was wondering in the 60's, if there were more powerful amps to drive AR 2ax or will a 15 watts tube amp suffice?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back