Arcam A29 - nightmare

Agree with you on this.

I have a Unison Research amplifier and since Decibels is the authorized dealer in India, I reached out to them for help with the ratings of the internal fuses. I was directly told to reach out to the parent company. When I asked if they were only resellers or had a service centre too, I was told that they do have a service centre too but are not obligated to service a product that is not bought from them. This not only alarmed me but disappointed me as I was looking out for audio equipment too. Unfortunately this rude interaction has put me off this dealer :-(. Now what will happen if the parent company asks me to get in touch with the local dealer. As far as I know they are obligated to service the brand and can charge for the repairs but refusal to help was the first time for me.

When I had written to a US as well as UK dealers in the past as there was no distribution network for the particular brand in India, I got very polite and helpful responses and they did not even bother to ask from where I bought the product and helped with my technical query. Of course I shared that information voluntarily but I now know better.
If you read post#22 the OP got his repaired by them after pursuing Arcam.
Not sure if I spoke to the owner or some random guy at the centre though.
From what i heard, Raghu is the owner.

Thanks,

Does anyone have the cell number of Raghu? I can keep it for future reference.

Coming back to this thread, the part that the OP had to speak to the owner of Decibels and then have to pursue with Arcam to get service is what prompted me to post my experience. Why should it take so much effort on the customer's part to get a product serviced/repaired from an authorised distributor?

As far as I understand, the authorised representative has to service the product irrespective of purchase history albeit maybe at a cost which is fine. However, refusing to provide service just because the product has not been purchased from the dealer is incorrect.

In my particular case, I was not even asking for my product to be serviced. I had reached out to Decibels just to confirm the rating of the fuse and to this I was told that I should reach out to the parent company and that they were not obligated to provide this info to me as the item was not purchased from them. How can I purchase this item from them when they were not even the dealers for this brand when I had purchased it?

Thanks,

Does anyone have the cell number of Raghu? I can keep it for future reference.

Coming back to this thread, the part that the OP had to speak to the owner of Decibels and then have to pursue with Arcam to get service is what prompted me to post my experience. Why should it take so much effort on the customer's part to get a product serviced/repaired from an authorised distributor?

As far as I understand, the authorised representative has to service the product irrespective of purchase history albeit maybe at a cost which is fine. However, refusing to provide service just because the product has not been purchased from the dealer is incorrect.

In my particular case, I was not even asking for my product to be serviced. I had reached out to Decibels just to confirm the rating of the fuse and to this I was told that I should reach out to the parent company and that they were not obligated to provide this info to me as the item was not purchased from them. How can I purchase this item from them when they were not even the dealers for this brand when I had purchased it?
no don't have his number but how would that help your issue anyways? Well just ignore them since they are not responding to you, simple as that & move on?

Thanks.

no don't have his number but how would that help your issue anyways? Well just ignore them since they are not responding to you, simple as that & move on?

Thanks.
Yes. that is what I am doing. I got the info in a day from the US distributor so no hassles now.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back