Arcam's new usb dac + headphone amplifier - rPAC

amitkeerti

What kind of connectivity options does it have?

edit:
It seems its kinda like the udac, usb only with a hp out as well as rca stereo output, along with a volume control.

Last edited:
Inputs : usb
Output : Headphone and RCA (So we can use just the DAC portion)
I am hoping that the headphone out is 6.3 mm (from the manual it looks like it is 3.5 mm).

Edit: Found the following information at http://www.arcam.co.uk/_ugc/file/tor_files/rSeries/rPAC/rPAC_manual_ SH242_1-1.pdf
DAC TI PCM5102
Frequency response 10Hz 20kHz, 0.1dB
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise 0.002%
Signal-to-noise ratio (AWeighted, line out) 106dB (24-bit)
Line output level 2.15Vrms
Supported sample rates 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
Bit depth 16-bit, 24-bit
Headphone output power 138mW
Headphone signal-to-noise ratio 98dB
Power requirements 2.5W max
Dimensions (wxdxh, mm) 100 x 62 x 25
Weight 300g

Attachments

• arcam_rpac.jpg
    arcam_rpac.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
From Arcam's site, it seems that this is aimed at the user who wants better sound from their PC, rather than as anything more complex. However, the RCA-outs are there, if a permanent connection to an amplifier is desired.

The marketing stuff:
The rPAC is a USB powered DAC and headphone amplifier designed to dramatically improve the performance of PC and MAC computers. Simple to connect, easy to transport and delightful to use the rPAC is the most effective sonic upgrade for your computer you could possibly imagine.

Plug in your headphones and you'll experience a level of sonic clarity far removed from the grainy, lifeless noise your computer usually serves up. Simply put the rPAC plays music.

A headphone amplifier with built-in DAC, and portable (USB-powered) at that! Slip one into your laptop bag :)

Hi Prithvi,

What is the price of Arcam Rcube? Can i visit your store? If yes plz PM me your address.

Regards,

Bhashyakar

rPAC is a good thing to come out from arcam, but it would have been better with a battery - so that it could be used as a portable amp+dac with ipad.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back