Are Samsung 60k TV meant to last only till warranty lasts?

This is throwing the baby out with the bath water. Capitalist economies work on the principal of greed and I don't think consumer movements can actually help here in the case of fancy electronics. What will help is competition and surely if consumers are turning away from low quality products then new manufacturers will come up that don't compromise on quality and will market their product with quality as a USP. Look at the case of Hero Motors in the two-wheeler sector. They are offering 5-years warranty due to intense competition. Like I said earlier there is an option of buying TVs with 3-year warranty and I did exactly that with buying Panasonic. After my bad experience with Hitachi, I have bought all my tv with 3-year warranty and I would advice others to do the same if they are really bothered about quality. People can also go for extended AMC which I think LG provide.
surely if consumers are turning away from low quality products then new manufacturers will come up that don't compromise on quality and will market their product with quality as a USP.

pl refer to your above comments. u r saying what i have stated as consumers turning away from low quality products is also one of the aspects of consumer initiative. for that consumer education on various products is essential as normally the people donot have time or inclination to analyse the trends in new products vis-a vis reliability, product innovation etc. and such discussions as in this and other forum can raise the public awareness so that they can turn away from such products.

But i couldnot get the import of ur following commets
This is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
since i had not advocated that really useful features by way of product innovation should be done away with rather they should keep in sync with reliability aspect or else the entire viewing experience goes for a toss.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back