Are the new LG Inverter AC available in India?

rishiguru

Recently I bought two 1.5 Ton Sharp Eco-Inverter Air Conditioners and are very pleased with their performance. They are true killer deals from cost vs efficiency point of view and are second best to recent LG Inverters in terms of cooling performance.

Here is my personal review link: Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

I have experienced the 1.5 Ton LG Inverter (Model No: BS-Q186C7M1) at my friends place and truly speaking they have phenomenal cooling performance, even better than my Sharps and his other Hitachi Inverter. The only reason I could not opt for them was their price, INR 54K each was the best deal I got in Kolkata which exceeded my budget. Whereas my Sharp's cost INR 41K each.

Luckily it seems LG have dropped their price of newer Inverter models and one of my family member are in need of an 1.5 Ton air conditioner, I want to propose to him the newer LG Inverter (Model No: BS-Q186C8R2).

Link: LG BS-Q186C8R2 Split AC - Inverter V 1.5TR Cooling only - LG Electronics IN

The MRP as stated in the LG website link is INR 50.5K which means it should be readily available at INR 44K street price. Unfortunately after visiting a few LG exclusive showrooms, it seems they still have the older and costlier model in stock and are not sure whether the newer model will arrive any time soon.

Since this is LG sponsored, can anybody here verify when this AC will be available in Kolkata and from where we can have them? Also mentioning their street price will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Recently I bought two 1.5 Ton Sharp Eco-Inverter Air Conditioners and are very pleased with their performance. They are true killer deals from cost vs efficiency point of view and are second best to recent LG Inverters in terms of cooling performance.

Here is my personal review link: Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

I have experienced the 1.5 Ton LG Inverter (Model No: BS-Q186C7M1) at my friends place and truly speaking they have phenomenal cooling performance, even better than my Sharps and his other Hitachi Inverter. The only reason I could not opt for them was their price, INR 54K each was the best deal I got in Kolkata which exceeded my budget. Whereas my Sharp's cost INR 41K each.

Luckily it seems LG have dropped their price of newer Inverter models and one of my family member are in need of an 1.5 Ton air conditioner, I want to propose to him the newer LG Inverter (Model No: BS-Q186C8R2).

Link: LG BS-Q186C8R2 Split AC - Inverter V 1.5TR Cooling only - LG Electronics IN

The MRP as stated in the LG website link is INR 50.5K which means it should be readily available at INR 44K street price. Unfortunately after visiting a few LG exclusive showrooms, it seems they still have the older and costlier model in stock and are not sure whether the newer model will arrive any time soon.

Since this is LG sponsored, can anybody here verify when this AC will be available in Kolkata and from where we can have them? Also mentioning their street price will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey Rishiguru, remember me?? from TE,
I got BS Q186C8R2, for 43600 Rs, in Mysore from local dealer. Still in the box. Lemme know if u need any details

Last edited:
Hey Rishiguru, remember me?? from TE

Great to see you in hifivision. I remember you maheeinfy.

I got BS Q186C8R2, for 43600 Rs, in Mysore from local dealer. Still in the box.

Does your quoted price include installation kit? Are the ODU brackets + installation charge + stabilizer all included in this price?

If there is an installation kit provided what are the length of the pipes. 3 or 3.5 or 4 meters.

Kindly confirm.

Lemme know if u need any details

It seems in Kolkata we have to wait for a month or two to have this model readily available. Some photos will be of great help. Here or in TE.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I read your review thats way informativeCheers for that! I must say before going through this thread I didn't have any knowledge about LG inverter AC, Ill now search about it and if I find some relevant things to share will do so definitely.

Great to see you in hifivision. I remember you maheeinfy.

Does your quoted price include installation kit? Are the ODU brackets + installation charge + stabilizer all included in this price?

If there is an installation kit provided what are the length of the pipes. 3 or 3.5 or 4 meters.

Kindly confirm.

It seems in Kolkata we have to wait for a month or two to have this model readily available. Some photos will be of great help. Here or in TE.

Thanks in advance!!!

The price is just for the IDU+ODU. There is a sticker on the box that says "Installation kit not included". LG rep says, for inverter models, we dont give installation kit. So i still need to buy Installation kit, Stabiliser, Brackets and pay for installation.
I do not have many pics yet. I have attached the one i have currently. Will post more once available.
Unit is made in Thailand- it makes me happy :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 126
Well i am not sure about the availability of their new ac in india but one thing which i want to know that is there any EMI option available with this product or not. If yes then let me know please as i m looking forward to buying a new ac for my bedroom.

hi,
Do we really need a stabiliser for an inverter ac.I bought a sharp ac[model no ah xp 13 lp] for my bedroom,but the dealer told me there is no need of a stabiliser for inverter ac,but i don't know why he said that.

hi,
Do we really need a stabiliser for an inverter ac.I bought a sharp ac[model no ah xp 13 lp] for my bedroom,but the dealer told me there is no need of a stabiliser for inverter ac,but i don't know why he said that.

I too read about this on some forums, but its better to be safe rather than sorry. So i am getting one. Job of stabilizer is to provide almost constant power to AC and i don't see how inverter AC will handle voltage fluctuations by itself.

Installation is scheduled this Friday(29th). Here are the charges quoted by LG guys in my area
Installation Fee: 2500
Copper wire: 950p/m( we need 5m so 950 * 5 = 4750)
Brackets : 950

So total comes to about Rs 8500 :sad:

I think this is a lot. Can anyone confirm this is correct or am i being robbed?

I too read about this on some forums, but its better to be safe rather than sorry. So i am getting one. Job of stabilizer is to provide almost constant power to AC and i don't see how inverter AC will handle voltage fluctuations by itself.

sharp is made to operate at a range of 198-264v. too good:clapping:

Installation is scheduled this Friday(29th).

Good luck.

Will request you to take some clear high resolution photos of the IDU and ODU during installation. Especially the ODU from different angles and also the condenser unit used with them and post it here as I have done for my Sharps. Since yours is a new model it will be great help to others.

Here are the charges quoted by LG guys in my area
Installation Fee: 2500
Copper wire: 950p/m( we need 5m so 950 * 5 = 4750)
Brackets : 950
So total comes to about Rs 8500 :sad:

Well in Kolkata these are my installation expenses per AC:

Installation Charge: 1,400
ODU Brackets: 800
7.5 feet long, 3-core, 2.5 sq mm thick electric copper wire connecting IDU with wall socket: 300

Total: 2,500

I think this is a lot. Can anyone confirm this is correct or am i being robbed?

Your total expenses are rising to 43.6 + 8.5 = INR 52.1K

My total expenses was 41 + 2.5 = INR 43.5K

Difference: 52.1 - 43.5 = INR 8.6K

I believe you need to bargain with the installer.

It affirmed me once more that I made the right choice while opting for Sharp Inverters over others, they provide the best package for Inverter air conditioners in India and leads all in terms of overall cost vs efficiency.

Last edited:
Good luck.

Will request you to take some clear high resolution photos of the IDU and ODU during installation. Especially the ODU from different angles and also the condenser unit used with them and post it here as I have done for my Sharps. Since yours is a new model it will be great help to others.

Well in Kolkata these are my installation expenses per AC:

Installation Charge: 1,400
ODU Brackets: 800
7.5 feet long, 3-core, 2.5 sq mm thick electric copper wire connecting IDU with wall socket: 300

Total: 2,500

Your total expenses are rising to 43.6 + 8.5 = INR 52.1K

My total expenses was 41 + 2.5 = INR 43.5K

Difference: 52.1 - 43.5 = INR 8.6K

I believe you need to bargain with the installer.

It affirmed me once more that I made the right choice in buying Sharp Inverters, they provide the best package available in India in terms of overall cost vs efficiency.

Sure, i will post pics. Regarding bargaining, i think i have done it, only to get response "it is LG fixed, we cant do anything about it". How do i cross verify their pricing is correct. I contacted customer care multiple times, one guy says first installation is free and other says its 1500+tax. I cant wrap my head around this whole thing. Damn LG, why r u doing this to me:mad:

Sure, i will post pics.

Thanks.:)

Regarding bargaining, i think i have done it, only to get response "it is LG fixed, we cant do anything about it".

Then I believe the deal is already done. LG's own installation means it will be at a fixed company price. Get a proper receipt after installation and look for the LG stamp.

How do i cross verify their pricing is correct. I contacted customer care multiple times, one guy says first installation is free and other says its 1500+tax.

I believe you have already done it in calling their customer care. That's the only way I know of.

I cant wrap my head around this whole thing. Damn LG, why r u doing this to me:mad:

I can understand your situation, I would be mad too with the price quoted.:annoyed:

My sympathies are with you.

Hi Guys:
I bought LG 1 ton inverter V (model : BS-Q126B8R4) a/c recently. Giving you the cost break up for your reference.

A/c price + V - Guard stabilizer + installation = 36,500/-

As inverter models does not include kit, have to spend extra for copper pipe.

3 meters copper pipe @ 650/meter - 1950
Outdoor Unit brackets - 750
4 meter electrical wire @ 100/meter - 400

Total installation cost = 1500 + 1950 + 750 + 400 = 4600/-

We had a minor problem in the installation. The outdoor unit's fan was touching the fan cover. So the fan was not rotating when compressor was on. We had difficult time to file the fan blades and and fan cover is still not fixed properly. LG technician said, we can complain this to LG and have it replaced.

By the way, im not very sure if it's going to pay off, spending the extra money for the inverter model as there is frequent power cuts in TN, the A/c functioning as regular star rated one. Have to wait to see the benefits.

Thanks, Sri

Last edited:
Hi Guys:
I bought LG 1 ton inverter V (model : BS-Q126B8R4) a/c recently. Giving you the cost break up for your reference.

A/c price + V - Guard stabilizer + installation = 36,500/-

As inverter models does not include kit, have to spend extra for copper pipe.

3 meters copper pipe @ 650/meter - 1950
Outdoor Unit brackets - 750
4 meter electrical wire @ 100/meter - 400

Total installation cost = 1500 + 1950 + 750 + 400 = 4600/-

We had a minor problem in the installation. The outdoor unit's fan was touching the fan cover. So the fan was not rotating when compressor was on. We had difficult time to file the fan blades and and fan cover is still not fixed properly. LG technician said, we can complain this to LG and have it replaced.

By the way, im not very sure if it's going to pay off, spending the extra money for the inverter model as there is frequent power cuts in TN, the A/c functioning as regular star rated one. Have to wait to see the benefits.

Thanks, Sri

Thanks for the inputs Sri.:)

Any pictures of IDU and ODU possible?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Rishi, here you go!

I would like to mention minor cons.

The indoor unit does not display the room temperature. Need to check in the remote only. The remote's LCD is not back lit. So, bit difficult to operate in the night. :( My ODU's fan is making some noise during start/stop as the fan blades touches the fan cover.

Otherwise the over all operation is good. Indoor unit is very quite even with high fan speed. :) Cooling is also very effective and fast!

Attachments

• Indoor1.jpg
    Indoor1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Indoor2.jpg
    Indoor2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 77
  • Outdoor1.jpg
    Outdoor1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi Rishi, here you go!

Great looking AC!!! Thanks for the photos.

I would like to mention minor cons. The indoor unit does not display the room temperature. Need to check in the remote only. The remote's LCD is not back lit. So, bit difficult to operate in the night. :(

Same problem here with my Sharp Inverters. I believe the SAVE ENERGY mantra have gone in overdose levels among Inverter AC manufacturers, they now want to save energy of the remote control battery by not providing backlit!!!

Stupid move.:mad: Backlit should be a must for all AC remotes for night operation.

My ODU's fan is making some noise during start/stop as the fan blades touches the fan cover.

I believe your AC is still under warranty, immediately get it fixed by calling their customer care. The ODU fan is a very critical component of the AC and has major impact on the overall efficiency of the AC.

Since the fan is touching the fan grill, it is not able to revolve at the said RPM as said by its control module, so it is not able to remove the heat from the condenser properly which in turn will effect cooling performance.

Get it fixed now.

Otherwise the over all operation is good. Indoor unit is very quite even with high fan speed. :) Cooling is also very effective and fast!

I know. LG makes excellent Inverters.

Below are two shots of my Sharp AH-XP18MV:

mysharp.jpg

ahxp18mv13.jpg

Last edited:
I too face the same problem with my ac remote[sharp].Cant see what the lcd screen in the remote indicates in the dark.Sometimes the indoor unit fails to recognise the remote signals when i press the remote to change the temp This is where i get confused as to at what temparature the unit is running.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back