Can you suggest a 2 ton smart AC?

naveenjn

Since my room is on the top floor and is over 200 sqft in size, I want to buy a 2 ton 5 star inverter AC. I currently have an 8 year old 1.5 ton inverter AC by Sharp but I feel it is not enough to cool my room. And since I am upgrading anyway, I would prefer a smart AC.

Some "smart ACs" can be controlled only with their own app (like Hisense). I am looking for one that can be controlled via Google Assitant/Alexa. The only 2 ton 5 star smart dual inverter AC I could find was Panasonic CU-NU24WKYW. It can be controlled via smart assistants and its own app as well. One feature I like about the app is that it shows daily power consumption.

Has anyone used this? What is your opinion on Panasonic inverter ACs in general? Or is there any other 2 ton 5 star smart dual inverter AC you can recommend? My budget is about 50K. The Panasonic model comes down to around 51K during online sales, with an additional card discount in the range of 1000 - 2000.

Since my room is on the top floor and is over 200 sqft in size, I want to buy a 2 ton 5 star inverter AC. I currently have an 8 year old 1.5 ton inverter AC by Sharp but I feel it is not enough to cool my room. And since I am upgrading anyway, I would prefer a smart AC.

Some "smart ACs" can be controlled only with their own app (like Hisense). I am looking for one that can be controlled via Google Assitant/Alexa. The only 2 ton 5 star smart dual inverter AC I could find was Panasonic CU-NU24WKYW. It can be controlled via smart assistants and its own app as well. One feature I like about the app is that it shows daily power consumption.

Has anyone used this? What is your opinion on Panasonic inverter ACs in general? Or is there any other 2 ton 5 star smart dual inverter AC you can recommend? My budget is about 50K. The Panasonic model comes down to around 51K during online sales, with an additional card discount in the range of 1000 - 2000.
I bought Whirlpool and Panasonic last year. Had a chance to use Whirlpool which is not bad at all. But haven’t tried Panasonic yet.

Also have an old Haier at home and added Carrier to one of the bedrooms two years ago. Carrier is better than Whirlpool.

About 3 months got Mitsubishi Electric 2.2 for a 310sft room. And it’s phenomenal. Not even the carrier comes close to its cooling factor or features.

Unfortunately none of these are “smart”!

Some people like LG but I have a low opinion of them as I had very bad experience with multiple LG units.

I bought Whirlpool and Panasonic last year. Had a chance to use Whirlpool which is not bad at all. But haven’t tried Panasonic yet.

Also have an old Haier at home and added Carrier to one of the bedrooms two years ago. Carrier is better than Whirlpool.

About 3 months got Mitsubishi Electric 2.2 for a 310sft room. And it’s phenomenal. Not even the carrier comes close to its cooling factor or features.

Some people like LG but I have a low opinion of them as I had very bad experience with multiple LG units.

Any idea how efficient Panasonic dual inverter ACs are in general?

Can you give me a model number for the Mitsubishi Electric 2.2?

And why specifically is it phenomenal? Raw cooling capability? Noise level? Features?

Thanks

I too am using a Mitsubhishi Electric, Mr. Slim model, 1.5 ton non invertor, non smart AC since 2018. The noise emission at medium fan speed at 2 to 3 bars is low & their cooling factor is excellent. Have previously experienced Carrier ( quite decent for the price & rugged), Hitachi invertor(cooling & other issues). I would strongly recommend Mitsubhishi ( Electric or Heavy Industries). ME has good service in Mumbai. I have no knowledge about the Mitsubhishi invertor models though.

Can you give me a model number for the Mitsubishi Electric 2.2?

And why specifically is it phenomenal? Raw cooling capability? Noise level? Features?

Thanks
It’s MSY-GN26VF

Cooling factor is very good. Even when set at 27* and silent mode it’s cools in less than 5min. 310sft space

silent mode is actually silent (I think 18db). Perfect for listening sessions

Compared to this my other ACs feel like they spit out cold air. But ME actually cools the space and everything in it

Iverter ACs tend to get uncomfortable periodically when used overnight for ex. Not the case with ME

More control over flow and direction of air

ME 2.2T was more than twice compared to others 1.5T models I have. But I think it’s worth the price. So if budget permits ME is a good choice.

I have Panasonic 1T in bedroom and 2T in living room. Both are 2019 inverter models with air purifier, non smart and they are good. Regularly used during the first year and power bill difference was not that much. Please also check the models available in showroom for latest lineup as sometimes online models may be older.
I feel Panasonic ACs are under rated and not getting much attention even though performance is excellent.

I got the Panasonic 2021 models installed and yes it nice being able to ask alexa to turn them on, off and adjust the temperature. Well have not tried beyond that. Well since i have two of them of 1.5T one of which is installed in a L shaped drawing dining area where I thought I would install another 1.5T but it got postponed due to the pandemic. I installed one in a bed room however it is a smaller room and i feel a 1T would suffice. Planning for that after the lockdowns etc.

In my years of use I have used carrier, daikin and panasonic splits after graduating from the window ones. I find the most silent one was the daikin however panasonic being the latest one has the latest features. Have not used Mistubishi ones but have heard good reviews of those on the forum. Hope this helps.

It’s MSY-GN26VF

Cooling factor is very good. Even when set at 27* and silent mode it’s cools in less than 5min. 310sft space

Compared to this my other ACs feel like they spit out cold air. But ME actually cools the space and everything in it

Iverter ACs tend to get uncomfortable periodically when used overnight for ex. Not the case with ME

ME 2.2T was more than twice compared to others 1.5T models I have. But I think it’s worth the price. So if budget permits ME is a good choice.
Thank you.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference in price of a smart/non-smart split ac? Because if its just turning the ac on/off or changing temperature using Alexa etc you can just get a universal IR Blaster like the Broadlink Mini for approx 1k & make ANY Split-Ac ‘smart’ as long as it has an infrared remote. As a bonus go ahead & connect all other non-smart equipment in the room incl tv / dvd, blu ray player etc & control them too.
(Using this with a Daikin Ac, Sony tv, blu ray currently & also my projector earlier)

Last edited:

Best performance and no budget constraints go for Mitsubishi but u don’t get the smart features. LG is cheaper and comes with smart features. Using a 1 ton 5 star inverter for a year. Improved compared to their previous gen. performance wise decent enough for HT use. Acs with lowest noise rating are Mitsubishi and LG.

I got the Carrier 2 Ton Smart AC, which has Alexa support & even an app for your phone/tablet.
You can ask alexa to turn on/off or set temp of the ac. I love the app for its scheduling feature & gives a lot of info like indoor & outdoor temperature which uses the air conditioner sensors which i find very accurate. Also has a Sleep pattern graph that u can set for different temperature settings when you sleep at night, excellent stuff. Have a look at Carrier its very good..

Cheers.

It’s MSY-GN26VF

Thanks a ton for sharing that. My AC hunt is over, as I needed cooling as well as silent operation :D

Out of curiosity, what is the difference in price of a smart/non-smart split ac? Because if its just turning the ac on/off or changing temperature using Alexa etc you can just get a universal IR Blaster like the Broadlink Mini for approx 1k & make ANY Split-Ac ‘smart’ as long as it has an infrared remote. As a bonus go ahead & connect all other non-smart equipment in the room incl tv / dvd, blu ray player etc & control them too.
(Using this with a Daikin Ac, Sony tv, blu ray currently & also my projector earlier)
I have Broadlink RM Mini 3 now which I use to control my Sharp AC. The problem is it is not 100% reliable. Sometimes when I return from work I give the command to switch it on remotely but when I reach home I realise it was never executed. As RM Mini is only an IR emitter, there is no way to know the status of the AC (like whether it is ON or OFF). All this can be solved with a genuine smart AC.

Besides the above, these smart AC apps come with advanced scheduling features, geo-fencing and Panasonic's app even shows how many units of electricity the AC consumed every day.

o'General ac is best fit .. if you are looking on luxury + silence + powerful ACs. They are little pricier comparing to other AC brands.
If your room is dedicated HT room , o'General is strongly recommended as their noise level will be almost nill.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back