Are the new LG Inverter AC available in India?

I too face the same problem with my ac remote[sharp].Cant see what the lcd screen in the remote indicates in the dark.

redd, is the model no of your AC, Sharp AH-XP13LV?

I am in look out for that AC too for my friend, how much did you get it for? Here the AH-XP13NRV is available but the AH-XP13LV model is superior. I believe installation unit came free, care to post some pictures?

Thanks in advance.:)

Sometimes the indoor unit fails to recognise the remote signals when i press the remote to change the temp

Every time you press any button of the remote, the IDU should responds with a beep. If the IDU have responded to your remote control command with a beep, this means it has received your command and will execute the same.

This is where i get confused as to at what temparature the unit is running.

In auto mode you will not be able to set temperature, the micro computer will decide the optimum levels. The best one can do is +/- 2 degrees. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
We had a minor problem in the installation. The outdoor unit's fan was touching the fan cover. So the fan was not rotating when compressor was on. We had difficult time to file the fan blades and and fan cover is still not fixed properly. LG technician said, we can complain this to LG and have it replaced.

I too got my 1.5Ton Inverter installed this weekend. I had similar problem. After installation, when AC is turned on, there was this sound from ODU as if few parts inside are touching each other. Reason being, the bent rim around the fan. There is a rim around the fan of ODU acting as a layer between fan wings and the grill. Technician's guess is that it might have been bent in transport. I doubt it because the ODU is firmly built unit and there is no other visible damage.Could be manufacturing defect..hard to say. So the rim was removed out of the ODU and covering grill placed back. Its running fine now, though i intend to get this fixed soon.
Rishi - Pics and price break down coming soon :)

I too got my 1.5Ton Inverter installed this weekend.

Congratulations first of all.:)

I had similar problem. After installation, when AC is turned on, there was this sound from ODU as if few parts inside are touching each other. Reason being, the bent rim around the fan. There is a rim around the fan of ODU acting as a layer between fan wings and the grill. Technician's guess is that it might have been bent in transport. I doubt it because the ODU is firmly built unit and there is no other visible damage.Could be manufacturing defect..hard to say. So the rim was removed out of the ODU and covering grill placed back. Its running fine now, though i intend to get this fixed soon.

Strange, since both you and Srikant have identical issues. Was the rim running around the circumference of the fan blades or was it integrated with the plastic fan cover?

Rishi - Pics and price break down coming soon :)

Anxiously waiting. :D

Last edited:
Congratulations first of all.:)

Strange, since both you and Srikant have identical issues. Was the rim running around the circumference of the fan blades or was it integrated with the plastic fan cover?

Anxiously waiting. :D

This rim is not attached to fan wings. It does attach to the body of ODU that covers up the fan part.

Jst got off the call with my brother(i was not present at the place of installation,so had to know the whole thing on call). It seems actually there was a slight dent on the box of the IDU which indicates that some pressure has been applied from top, probably while in transit. Hence the axle for the ODU fan is slightly bent. so fan wings, in effect are touching the rim. Need to get this rim and axle fixed. For now AC is working fine but... cant have my new AC with some of it guts outside. Its gotta look and work like a new one:D

Here is the split:
Installation: 2500
Copper pipe and wiring: 950p/m(4.5m * 950) = 4225
Brackets: 750
Total : 7500

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 82
Hi, Which V-guard stabilizer you opted for?

Hi Guys:
I bought LG 1 ton inverter V (model : BS-Q126B8R4) a/c recently. Giving you the cost break up for your reference.

A/c price + V - Guard stabilizer + installation = 36,500/-

As inverter models does not include kit, have to spend extra for copper pipe.

3 meters copper pipe @ 650/meter - 1950
Outdoor Unit brackets - 750
4 meter electrical wire @ 100/meter - 400

Total installation cost = 1500 + 1950 + 750 + 400 = 4600/-

We had a minor problem in the installation. The outdoor unit's fan was touching the fan cover. So the fan was not rotating when compressor was on. We had difficult time to file the fan blades and and fan cover is still not fixed properly. LG technician said, we can complain this to LG and have it replaced.

By the way, im not very sure if it's going to pay off, spending the extra money for the inverter model as there is frequent power cuts in TN, the A/c functioning as regular star rated one. Have to wait to see the benefits.

Thanks, Sri

@BuBlez, sorry for the late reply. It's VG-400 model. It can withstand 12 amps current and can be used with A/c of tonnage up to 1.5.

@MaheeInfy,
First of all congrats. Lets beat the summer and chill out!. :)
By the way, see there is U bend from your ODU to IDU? Why was it needed? You could have saved money on copper pipe. Isn't it? A/c expert Rishi may advice.

@Rishi,
Thanks for your valuable insights. Appreciate it. Your A/c looks huge...for 1.5Ton. Hope you enjoy the performance.

The ODU grill design in Sharp looks better than LG one. As couple of us are having issues with ODU grill, it must be design/manufacturing issue. Except that so far so good with this unit.

Hello Everyone,

Hope I am not hijacking this thread. This is my first post in this forum. I was desperately looking for a forum like this to discuss about LG's new Inverter V ACs. I recently bought the BS-Q126B8R4 model (1 ton) and got it installed in my bed room. I had to spent a lot on the copper pipe :sad: . here is the total breakup:

38,700 (AC) + 1700 (V Guard stabilizer) + 1500 (electric connection) + 1500 (installation charge) + 750 x 6.5 = 4875 (Copper pipe) = 48,375/=

One thing I wanted to ask experts about the safety of the ODU. I had to install in on the terrace, in fact on top of a penthouse (that's why I needed 6.5 meters of copper pipe). The unit is placed on rooftop of penthouse without any Brackets. They just fitted the four black colored bushes and left it as it is. I am worried about:

1. The unit is completely exposed to rain water and Sun light. What could be the negative results of this. I mean during heavy rain/sun light?
  2. Is there any chances of theft? BTW, My house is on third floor...

The guys who came from LG said that don't worry about ODU as it is 100% rain proof.. and its not that easy for burglars to steal it.

I am sorry if my questions sound silly.. but I would like to hear experts opinion. Also, this is the first time i bought an AC. :) Here are few pics:

Attachments

• CAM00198.jpg
    CAM00198.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 64
  • CAM00203.jpg
    CAM00203.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 63
  • CAM00196.jpg
    CAM00196.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 64
Hello Everyone,

Hope I am not hijacking this thread. This is my first post in this forum. I was desperately looking for a forum like this to discuss about LG's new Inverter V ACs. I recently bought the BS-Q126B8R4 model (1 ton) and got it installed in my bed room. I had to spent a lot on the copper pipe :sad: . here is the total breakup:

38,700 (AC) + 1700 (V Guard stabilizer) + 1500 (electric connection) + 1500 (installation charge) + 750 x 6.5 = 4875 (Copper pipe) = 48,375/=

One thing I wanted to ask experts about the safety of the ODU. I had to install in on the terrace, in fact on top of a penthouse (that's why I needed 6.5 meters of copper pipe). The unit is placed on rooftop of penthouse without any Brackets. They just fitted the four black colored bushes and left it as it is. I am worried about:

1. The unit is completely exposed to rain water and Sun light. What could be the negative results of this. I mean during heavy rain/sun light?
  2. Is there any chances of theft? BTW, My house is on third floor...

The guys who came from LG said that don't worry about ODU as it is 100% rain proof.. and its not that easy for burglars to steal it.

I am sorry if my questions sound silly.. but I would like to hear experts opinion. Also, this is the first time i bought an AC. :) Here are few pics:

Here are few tips for ODU placement,
1)Where the unit is not exposed to strong wind.
2)Well ventilated and dustless place.
3)Out of direct sunlight and rain.
4)3m or more away from TV and radio.
5)With solid wall or support to prevent vibration and strong to hold the unit weight.
6)Where neighbours will not be disturbed by operation or hot air.

Even though it is advisable that ODU is protected against rain and direct sunlight, it is not possible in most cases. Even the one at my house is out in open. There was a discussion on Techenclave about protecting ODU with some sort of covering. See if you can find some info there.
And about the theft, usually ODU weighs a lot(mine is 40kilos). My guess would be it is not so easy to steal it even if it is just placed with out any brackets. If you are worried, why not get it fixed to the roof's floor with some screws.

@MaheeInfy,
First of all congrats. Lets beat the summer and chill out!. :)
By the way, see there is U bend from your ODU to IDU? Why was it needed? You could have saved money on copper pipe. Isn't it? A/c expert Rishi may advice.

@Rishi,
Thanks for your valuable insights. Appreciate it. Your A/c looks huge...for 1.5Ton. Hope you enjoy the performance.

The ODU grill design in Sharp looks better than LG one. As couple of us are having issues with ODU grill, it must be design/manufacturing issue. Except that so far so good with this unit.

Sorry for the delay in response.
Even i wondered why that U was made with the piping. LG technician said, it is for better flow of the liquid in the pipes.
About the odu problem, it is fixed now. Called up LG folks, they came in 2 days time and repaired it and placed the ring back in the unit. It was a 10min job. With that ring back in the unit, sound from ODU is even less.

Last edited:
@MaheeInfy ... By the way, see there is U bend from your ODU to IDU? Why was it needed? You could have saved money on copper pipe. Isn't it?

Same question here. Why the U bend?

The goal would be to have shortest pipe length with minimum number of bends.

@Rishi, Thanks for your valuable insights. Appreciate it.

You are most welcome. :)

Your A/c looks huge...for 1.5Ton. Hope you enjoy the performance.

The IDU is big, over a meter long. Frankly speaking I am blown by its performance.:D

Its strange LG have this ODU fan grill issue which persists in almost all their Inverter models. May be a design or manufacturing issue. That said LG have awesome performance no doubt.

Sharp ODU units are super robust, the fan grill included. Also from maheeinfy ODU unit pics I find the copper pipe valves are exposed rather than being inside a protective plastic cover.

@ Srikant @ maheeinfy

Request both of you not to attach images to the post. This provides tiny pics which are very small. It completely defeats the purpose of good quality pics ..... we need to have images right on the thread itself. Upload the pics to tinypics or imageshack and post the image link. If you post the image link within
then it will appear in the thread itself.

If you guys have time kindly do post those pics again.:)

Installation was done in a whopping 13Hrs :confused:

Uploading images, the way is shud have been done ;)
1. IDU. Unit is real big in size. Placement of IDU shud be in the middle of the wall so that air spreads uniformly.

3. Vertical and Horizontal fins for airflow in all directions. Skewed blower blades inside that make less sound.

4. Plasma Ioniser to remove bad smell from room.

5. LED indicators

7. Metallic looking band amidst white/cream colored body, giving a decent look.

8. V Guard VG500 wall mounted with 2 screws.

10. ODU

11. Drain pipe(white) bought separately(doesn't come with the kit) and copper pipe and wiring.

14. ODU

15. ODU

16. From Manual - guideline

17. From Manual

I have made videos...hoping they give an idea of the sound output of ODU
http://youtu.be/2VbfJHLXndE
http://youtu.be/EifNur5uOYc

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I dont have an inverter Ac but i wanted to ask a simple question.
How much noise does the IDU make?
In my case the noise is quite a bit. is that an issue or is it normal?
it is not at all quite as the IDU should be.

I live in Chennai and planning to buy an Inverter AC too. Most of the posts here talk about 1.5 Ton. As per online calculators a 1 Ton would do for me (room size is 120 sqft).

From the LG brochure there is one model AS-W126B1U1 which has a COP ratio of a whopping 4.08, but it's a Hot and Cold one. Please suggest.

Hi Folks, I recently got my LG 1 ton inverter AC installed. But the installer didn't bring any vacuum pump to do the installation. He said the gas is already filled and no need for that device. He did bring the pressure gauge which I asked him to check the pressure through the service valve.

The manual says after 15 minutes of AC opertation the pressure should be around 120-135psi. But mine was 110. Is this something to be worried about ? Do I need to fill a little more R401a refrigerant?

Hey Rishiguru, remember me?? from TE,
I got BS Q186C8R2, for 43600 Rs, in Mysore from local dealer. Still in the box. Lemme know if u need any details

hi Maheeinfy, I have also bought the same ac as yours. Mine is consuming net 13 units(1 unit= 1 kwhr of electricity) for 18 hrs running, with selected temperature of 27 deg C,that too with energy saving mode on.This seems to be pretty high. Initial costs of inverter ac doesn't seem to translate into lesser electricity bill. Would you and RishiGuru would check the power consumption from their units.

Thanks and regards

Sunil Kumar

I am also planing to buy inverter 1.5 AC. I find both the models - LG and Sharp as a good option. can you please tell me if the both models are imported or made in india?

I am also planing to buy inverter 1.5 AC. I find both the models - LG and Sharp as a good option. can you please tell me if the both models are imported or made in india?

Sharp Inverter's are imported from Thailand. Can't say about LG.

I am quite sad at LG's current build quality. It seems LG have dropped their Inverter AC's product quality from BEST to WORST in no time with a hefty reduction on price. It has been just about a year and a half that my friend got the LG 1.5 Ton (BS-Q186C7M1).

The older 1.5 Ton LG Inverter (Model No: BS-Q186C7M1) unit over which my previous assessments were based used to be 10 grand costlier than this new model and had much better build quality with no issues. My friend is super happy with this old unit. The indoor unit also used to be much more advanced than the current one in having double horizontal louvers to precisely control airflow and many more types of advanced air filters were provided. It also used to come with free installation kit.

The current models IDU is more of a knocked down version of the former model in having a single top hinged horizontal louver and Plasmaster. It seems a copycat of the unique top hinged louver topology of Sharp along with its Plasmacluster. Also it does not come with installation kit any more.

In other words LG have cut corners to be in the competitive Inverter market. Though LG have slightly better performance than Sharp in the 1.5 Ton category, no more can I say they come with equal built quality. We have seen issues with broken louvers of IDUs. Almost every forum member here or in other forums are facing some kind of manufacturing or design issue where the ODU fan grill is touching the fan which amazingly persists in almost all their current Inverter models and in extreme cases busted new ODU's !!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back