Are there any vinyl lovers in Hyderabad

That's a really good idea.By the way, I have a whole lot of spools that I have not played in years,as my Akai GX 370 packed up and so I don't have a reel recorder any more. If you know anyone who is selling a good operational machine,please let me know.Cheers,

i guess mishmash wanted to sell a spool tape akai over 7-8 mth back. i believe its still with him. pm him. he s fm ncr.

Hello friends

Today i went to Sanjeev's place to audition his system and also took my Turntable and few vinyl's to connect to his system and check how they would sound

Firstly i would like to Thank Sanjeev for his warm welcome and hospitality.

the setup was Denon 2311,
Speakers Focal floor standing speakers
sub velodine

for first 30 minutes or so i heard the digital source WD media player, it was awesome

then i connected my TT, to the DENON AVR , it has a phono input , the sound was good, however since my cartridge is old ( Approx - 15 years ) what it sounded was too good.

the mid/vocals were crisp , we could hear the breath in sound , treble was not too high, bass was something which was laid back, even though there was a sub

IMO there are few factors that i think has made the overall performance not that great, first is the old Phillips cartridge ,

2nd is i believe the AVR is not suitable for TT's , i believe if it would have been an integrated amp it would have been a different level

The folcal speakers are almost brand new, so they need to be used ...

Iam very excited about the new DENON DL - 160 cartridge which i bought from our form member Shanker, its still on its way, may be i would get it on monday or tuesday..

i know i need ample time to set/allign to my tt , then use it for atleast 100 hrs , then may again try out on Mr Sanjeev's system...

Thank you once again Sanjeev sir for everything

Cheers

Tanoj

Tanoj, you are welcome anytime. You saved my time too, i wanted to audition the TT on my setup and it worked out for me. I guess i will wait till the AVR and speakers put in more hours to break-in. Then i would think of a stero amp. As of now my WD media player/Denon /Focal combo is doing good for me :)

BTW: it is Denon 991 (3311)

regards
Sanjeev

Yes sachu888

iam hunting for one, which one would you suggest ?

Tanoj

Hi Tanoj,
I have already suggested one for MM catrs (DIY CNC phono)cheap and better than most of the integrated and budget MM PS.For moving coil I would suggest a new DIY PS,which is based on Phonocube PHONOCUBE
You can read here DIY High or Low Ouput Moving Coil Phono Stage - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Latest Here It Is: The All Singing All Dancing HTMCPS - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
You will have to spend thousands of $$ to match the performance of DIY MC PS.

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
As of now my WD media player/Denon /Focal combo is doing good for me :)

@Sanjeev: is the Wadia as good as the reviews say? Might sound like a puerile question, but how does it compare to an iPod directly connected to the system against an Ipod played through the Wadia? Btw, how much does it cost?
I am in the hunt for an int. amp and BS speakers and I intend to use my Ipod Classic as source connected via Ipod to RCA cables! I am wondering if I need to get the Wadia.

@Sanjeev: is the Wadia as good as the reviews say? Might sound like a puerile question, but how does it compare to an iPod directly connected to the system against an Ipod played through the Wadia? Btw, how much does it cost?
I am in the hunt for an int. amp and BS speakers and I intend to use my Ipod Classic as source connected via Ipod to RCA cables! I am wondering if I need to get the Wadia.

Wadia??? Are you refering to WD media player? If yes, then beleive me i love the quality when WD media player is connected to my amp. The FLAC sounds awesome. Infact Tanoj has a iPod which he connected with a RCA to stero and i was NOT happy with the quality of sound i got. I am no pro in configuring my Denon but i as said i am extreeeeemly happy with the FLAC quality from the WD media player. When Connected to a pair of BS via a good AMP, should sound awesome. The WD media player costed me 90 USD :)

Wadia??? Are you refering to WD media player? If yes, then beleive me i love the quality when WD media player is connected to my amp. The FLAC sounds awesome. Infact Tanoj has a iPod which he connected with a RCA to stero and i was NOT happy with the quality of sound i got. I am no pro in configuring my Denon but i as said i am extreeeeemly happy with the FLAC quality from the WD media player. When Connected to a pair of BS via a good AMP, should sound awesome. The WD media player costed me 90 USD :)

Ah, I misread your earlier post! I thought WD was the Wadia player! Neverthless, thanks for the info Sanjeev. So, the "Western Digital" media player has a better DAC than the Ipod and so sounds better?

Ah, I misread your earlier post! I thought WD was the Wadia player! Neverthless, thanks for the info Sanjeev. So, the "Western Digital" media player has a better DAC than the Ipod and so sounds better?

to my ears, yes :) I very much liked the sound.

I agree with Sanjeev,

The ipod failed badly

and i was surprised to see the performance of WD, it was very impressive and too user friendly, iam planing to go for one

I believe if ipod has to he used it would definitely need an external dac like Cambridge etc

Cheers

Tanoj

Hi This is Raghunadh From Hyd.
I am also Vinyl lover, collecting Vinyls scince 20 years and still i am collectig. Now i have more than 600(only LPs) in hindi, telugu and few english LPs. I have 3 DD tts Sony PS-11, Sansui FR-Q5 and Cosmic Coagram MKII
Now i have started to prepare records list, just completed hindi only.
If anybody wants audition, always welcome. i am residing near to kukatpally.

Thanks
Raghunadh.N

Welcome to the thread

i would surely try to visit your place for auditioning your gear

will plan this weekend

cheers

Tanoj

Hello Friends,

Today i hooked up the new DENON DL 160 cart

it wasn't a difficult task for me because , long back i used to service/refurbish photocopiers , so quite used to handle technical parts etc

the first thing i noticed on the very first track which i played that, it was playing with no pop up sounds at all, no surface noise or any kind of distortion

2. the treble, is just awesome, very crisp and its really a High output cart,

3. iam loving the sounds of guitar, harmonium, cannibals

coming to mids : they are good however my old cart was good at mids, may be its my perception or may be the new cart needs some more time to sound more warm

Bass : its tight, i should plan something like a mixer/equiliser etc

i played few new records and few old once. iam happy with the performance

the cart's tip is really thin, it penetrates into the track , no way it will skid.

There is really great difference, now i believe with this new cart ive stepped in to Mid range segment

Cheers

Tanoj

Hello Friends,

Today i hooked up the new DENON DL 160 cart

it wasn't a difficult task for me because , long back i used to service/refurbish photocopiers , so quite used to handle technical parts etc

the first thing i noticed on the very first track which i played that, it was playing with no pop up sounds at all, no surface noise or any kind of distortion

2. the treble, is just awesome, very crisp and its really a High output cart,

3. iam loving the sounds of guitar, harmonium, cannibals

coming to mids : they are good however my old cart was good at mids, may be its my perception or may be the new cart needs some more time to sound more warm

Bass : its tight, i should plan something like a mixer/equiliser etc

i played few new records and few old once. iam happy with the performance

the cart's tip is really thin, it penetrates into the track , no way it will skid.

There is really great difference, now i believe with this new cart ive stepped in to Mid range segment

Cheers

Tanoj

Thats nice, so we need to audition this one more time :)

yes sure

let me give it some time to open up more , and then we will do the audition again

if possible we will arrange your speakers in the length wise with respect to the Hall, that will definitely give true justification.

iam also hunting for a phonostage, hopefully i get one which adds value to the cartridge

also please pm me your email id, i have made my cv ready :)

Regards

tanoj

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back