Are there any vinyl lovers in Hyderabad

Tanoj

Hi friends,

just wanted to start this thread to know if there are any vinyl lovers in hyderabad and to know about their setup

cheers

Tanoj Mahiskar

Hi Tanoj

Yes, there is one, atleast! I have an old HMV player bought in the 80's but defunct now! Looking to resurrect it or replace it with a new one, space at home permitting. I am seriously considering getting back into vinyl but am also pulled in other directions (cd, Flac etc.). What about you mate? What setup do you have?

Happy new year mate. Shine on.

Raghuram

Hi Raghuram,

nice to hear from you, i have Phiips Af 834, if you wish to auditon always welcome ( preferebly sat- sun )

with its original cartridge, sounding good

iam planing to buy a decent dac, amp and floor standers

yesturday i visited the SBT corporation and autitoned the Mordaunt-Short floor standing speakers

they sounded good

Cheers

Tanoj

Hi Tanoj ,

This is Aditya here . i have a Philips GA 242 belt drive TT with a Shure R47XT cart and an Akai AP D40 servo direct drive TT with a Toshiba cart and Audio Technica stylus . i have a small collection of around 200 records which i listen daily . Im a completely an Analouge audio listener so ill be mostly listening to vinyl and cassettes . i have a nakamichi cr2 , philips 6121 , kenwood double deck cassette player , sansui D 95 M and an akai GX 265 D reel to reel recorder . i cannot tell you my complete setup . i have many equipment . but the main setup is as follows

AKAI AP D40 (Turntable)
AKAI GX 265D (Reel to Reel recorder)
MARANTZ EQ 515 (Equalizer)
YAMAHA AX 397 (Integrated amplifier)
NAKAMICHI CR 2 (Cassette deck )
PHILIPS CD 931 (CD player )
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.5 (Floor standers )

Wow 200 vinyls , is a great asset

wish i can audition your grear and borrow few disks :)

Cheers

Tanoj

yeah sure tanoj your always welcome to audition my stuff . i really wanted to attend the hyd meet but was down with malaria so i could not come . post some pics of your turntable ..

Last edited:
hey yezdian. its really impressive that you listen to lps daily. loved that bit. hi tanoj. if you are seriously into vinyls, 200 discs isn t too large for us indians with such a huge legacy of music. my only advice, go for the titles as and when you come across. any and eevery hobby requires sweat and time. but the pool of good titles is depleting fast. i hope there are quite a few lp sellers in hyd with not so exorbitant prices

Thank you for commenting entsurgeon . it is true wht you said about 200 lps being small for us Indians if we are really into vinyls . That is why i posted that "i have a small collection of 200 lps " there are a couple of people i know in hyd who have more than 800 to 1000 lps . There is an aged person on whom once there was an article in the local eenadu paper saying that he has more than 8000 records mostly 78 rpms .

yeah. all i know is if i have to pick only 200 titles from all the titles ever made and discard the rest from my collection.. it ll be one heck of a thing to do. many titles i have just because i like but one song in it. however that one song i may be loving and listening much more than a title which has 3-4 good songs.
vinyls are physical expression of our love to music. :)

Hi friends,

just wanted to start this thread to know if there are any vinyl lovers in hyderabad and to know about their setup

cheers

Tanoj Mahiskar

Hi Manoj,
I have a collection of about 200 LPs , which I regularly listen to on my Denon TT.I am trying to revive my Garrard Zero 100 S TT,but that is an uphill task in Hyderabad.My LPs are of a wide musical spectrum, English pop,rock, instruementals,Western Classical,Indian Classical,etc.Nothing like good old vinyl.Cheers

Hi Tanoj ,

This is Aditya here . i have a Philips GA 242 belt drive TT with a Shure R47XT cart and an Akai AP D40 servo direct drive TT with a Toshiba cart and Audio Technica stylus . i have a small collection of around 200 records which i listen daily . Im a completely an Analouge audio listener so ill be mostly listening to vinyl and cassettes . i have a nakamichi cr2 , philips 6121 , kenwood double deck cassette player , sansui D 95 M and an akai GX 265 D reel to reel recorder . i cannot tell you my complete setup . i have many equipment . but the main setup is as follows

AKAI AP D40 (Turntable)
AKAI GX 265D (Reel to Reel recorder)
MARANTZ EQ 515 (Equalizer)
YAMAHA AX 397 (Integrated amplifier)
NAKAMICHI CR 2 (Cassette deck )
PHILIPS CD 931 (CD player )
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.5 (Floor standers )

WOW Aditya,that's a really impressive collection of classic stereo equipment that you have.I am also a completely analogue audio listener and enjoy making my own music compilations on cassettes,which I listen to in my car, to and fro work.Keeping the old equipment going is a real challenge,especially in Hyderabad.Cheers

Hi Sanjay , It is so nice to hear from a cassette / analogue audio listener from Hyderabad . even i make most of my recordings on cassettes and listen to them daily . cassettes have their own sound . spools have their own sound and vinyl of course has its own but at the end of the day all these are the real tone i mean analogue audio is real .Yes you are so damn right about maintaining old equipment here at Hyderabad is a real Herculean challenge . we all vinyl / analogue audio lovers of Hyderabad should plan an analogue audio meet .

hello Yesdian,

thats a good idea :clapping:

let us arrange a analogue meet , interested people start voting in

Regards

Tanoj

There will be vinyl, with audio setup, cassettes, reel etc
incase if we do not get crowd, we can do it at any one place.

Hi Sanjay , It is so nice to hear from a cassette / analogue audio listener from Hyderabad . even i make most of my recordings on cassettes and listen to them daily . cassettes have their own sound . spools have their own sound and vinyl of course has its own but at the end of the day all these are the real tone i mean analogue audio is real .Yes you are so damn right about maintaining old equipment here at Hyderabad is a real Herculean challenge . we all vinyl / analogue audio lovers of Hyderabad should plan an analogue audio meet .

That's a really good idea.By the way, I have a whole lot of spools that I have not played in years,as my Akai GX 370 packed up and so I don't have a reel recorder any more. If you know anyone who is selling a good operational machine,please let me know.Cheers,

I am in. Would love to meet & greet analog heads! I have an old HMV TT which hasn't been spun in sometime. A past repair by an inexperienced technician rendered it mono from stereo. The channels are shorted, I believe. Have to get it fixed up.

Guys, get down to Mahbood Electronics on Abids. Past master at hi fi for the last 40+ years. get all your stuff done there. While I lived in Hyd, my folks would take our stuff there to have it fixed. He is currently the authorised Sony Service wallah

I posted here about a Marantz 2270 which I restored. This was previously
repaired by Mabood, and all I can say is that they were totally clueless.
I had to do a complete rebuild of the amp boards because of the botched job.

I posted here about a Marantz 2270 which I restored. This was previously
repaired by Mabood, and all I can say is that they were totally clueless.
I had to do a complete rebuild of the amp boards because of the botched job.

Meet the old man himself. I've never had any problem. Or go over t Servotronics opp NIMS. Meet Savio.

USK Electronics in Somajiguda and Avis Electronics in RP Road (Contact- Sachin). An audiophile acquaintance of mine gets his stuff repaired by Avis. I also got my Philips cans repaired by Sachin @Avis. Decent job. I should have taken him up on cable replacement also! :(

Planning to drop my TT at Avis this weekend. Let's see how it goes.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back