around the world in 140 liters of fuel !!

come on guys... type your encouragement here..

simply likes - wont do !!

Cdr Tomy needs you to work your fingers as well..:)

who knows he may be comforted by your words when he logs onto the internet in the middle of the ocean..or even see his name on this forum afterward..

Is he an FM? Else, hoping that he'll view this thread is a long shot IMO. FWIW, wishing him all the best and hoping that he'll come out with flying colours.

Commander Tomy will spend a year at sea, and those wanting to follow him can find 3-hourly position updates on http://goldengloberace.com/ggr/ and a weekly sound-bite from the Commander himself. He can also post one-way text messages on the website.

All the very best to this Lion Heart... guys like him make us realize what life is and should be like!!

Cdr Abhilash Tomy on his boat Thuriya.

dc-Cover-pto0ktl80h47vq59metrduttf2-20180629012303.Medi.jpeg

Is he an FM? Else, hoping that he'll view this thread is a long shot IMO. FWIW, wishing him all the best and hoping that he'll come out with flying colours.

Dear Capt

You will be surprised by the results google baba throws up..

:)

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
...guys like him make us realize what life is and should be like!!

Cdr Abhilash Tomy on his boat Thuriya.

Thank you.

one of the main motivations for starting this thread hydrovac..

For those interested...

Thuriya is word of sanskrit meaning - In Hindu philosophy, turiya (Sanskrit: तुरीय, meaning "the fourth") or caturiya, chaturtha, is pure consciousness. Scientists described it as a hypo-metabolic state of "restful alertness." [1] Turiya is the background that underlies and transcends the three common states of consciousness.

courtesy - Wikipedia

Yeah I've done that a couple of years ago after being suggested by a couple of my friends and yes, it's scary how much Google baba knows about us. My POV was more of he having time and may be even access to net.

Yeah I've done that a couple of years ago after being suggested by a couple of my friends and yes, it's scary how much Google baba knows about us. My POV was more of he having time and may be even access to net.

Ok capt.. point read but not subscribed to...:):)

anyways... the more important thing is - good wishes remain - whether someone reads now or not, while at sea or not and maybe in future someday...

May Cdr Tomy have as much fun n energy as Captain Haddock to deal with blistering barnacles..best wishes to him

as of now - our man Cdr Abhilash Tomy is placed 12th.

The leading yachts would be moving south along the Iberian peninsula....down towards Africa..

Its a race of stamina and endurance....the fastest need not rejoice and the slowest need not lose hope.

There have been 2 retirements already..

its not easy at all..

http://goldengloberace.com/livetracker/

Last edited by a moderator:
saved 2 whales by not going over them - is the message

The GGR tracker says Skipper Abhilash Tomy is doing a fine job with hs experience and sailing ability..

Currently 10th position.. is the lovely Thuriya.

But this is a long race... a loooooooong way to go..

http://goldengloberace.com/skipper/abhilash-tom/

The Iberian peninsula is left behind and the boats are off Algeria Morocco stretch of the Atlantic..

Good luck to them !!

any of you on twitter etc... please do send messages of encouragement to Cdr Tomy - in the loneliness of the vast oceans - your voice or words can help provide that spark to go on for another day..

regards

a matter of concern..

the main sail has had a tear and it needs to be repaired very well in order to withstand the heavy winds in the southern ocean.

Hope this will be done in good time..

Cdr Tomy - this is not just another race.

This is life.

Overcome this challenge... the blue of the oceans beckon the Thuriya to ride on it.

Cheer up and never give up !

The others will face challenges later.

The oceans will test ALL.

best wishes and prayers....

am a happy camper today..:D

Cdr Tomy is right back in it....looks like the repairs are done

Macha... keep going.. keep fighting..

actually - dont fight - i think if you dont fight - the ocean and the winds will take you onward - just ride them..

:)

this thread will be alive till you you are done with the GGR.. i promise..

or atleast as long as this forum will allow me to...:cool:

regards

steady sailing it is..

i wish you look up the tracker to see where the yachts are..

3 skippers have dropped out mainly due to technical issues with their boats..

its a tactical race as well and Cdr Tomy has deliberately gone wide into the South Atlantic and is making his way back closer to the African continent as they head down south in the southern Atlantic Ocean.

maybe someone gave him a friendly tip to plot his course that way !

Cdr Tomy is racing with very experienced skippers with modern boats while his boat is a replica of the 50 year old Suhaili !

i see the live tracker every few days and i worry every day

Cdr Tomy must do minimum 100 NM every day..

a lot depends on the wind.. and ones energy level too.

last 24 hours has been 18 NM and i hope you dont encounter another breakdown..:eek:

if you see the live tracker - the captains seem to have positioned their yachts that reminds me of Kevin Schwantz on the Moto GP 500 positioned on corners..

schwantz.jpg

The boats have to round the tip of southern africa next.. the Cape of good hope..

take a look ..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back