around the world in 140 liters of fuel !!

Ggr website said 90 miles but capt Greg is dis-masted as well.

Capt Mark is 230 miles in the lead but advised to tend to his own problems than to head back on rescue

The GGR website is quite detailed and objective.

I am worried..

Fwded message:
As with Macaulay at Kohima, the Royal Navy have some expressive lines:

Eternal Father strong to save
Whose arm has bound the restless wave
Who bids the mighty ocean deep
It's own appointed limits keep
O hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in Peril on the sea

The GGR website is quite detailed and objective.
<snip>
I am worried..
He does say that "thanks safe inside the boat,"

and there's this bit on the GGR update "Gregor confirmed he is making repairs to his boat and hopes to be able to make way under power toward Tomy. His windvane was damaged when the mast fell down, so he must hand steer now. The Rudder is making strange noises but it seems OK. He is 100 miles to the South West of Tomy and it will take at least one day travelling IF the weather allows"

Hoping that he is safe and gets out of there soon.

https://goldengloberace.com/ggr-day-83-code-red-alert-update/
The MRCC in Canberra has subsequently picked up the yacht’s emergency signals and is now co-ordinating a multinational rescue mission.

An executive jet has been despatched from Perth, Western Australia to assess the situation and is expected to reach the area at around 02:30 UTC Sunday. The plane has sufficient fuel to remain on station for 3 hours, when her crew will assess the damage to the 36ft Indian yacht and attempt to make radio contact with Tomy. The aircraft will also overfly Gregor McGuckin’s Irish yacht Hanley Energy Endurance also dismasted during the same storm. McGuckin has since set up a jury rig and is attempting to motor sail the 90-mile distance to Tomy’s position.

Will check again at 0800 tomorrow morning

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Du24cdCdCgcNrwzn8

At that lonely corner of the world, 90 miles is hopefully close and quick enough.

ciao
gr

I actually wonder now about MH370 ...

It's roughly same distance and direction from Perth ?

It seems Cdr Tony gas just replied to a message from GGR and has been informed rescue us underway

Understand from some chats.. His mast is on one side.. That's not very good..

His race is over..

https://goldengloberace.com/ggr-day-83-code-red-alert-update/

and i guess this thread will come to an end once the authorities find him..

An unexpected end - but that was to be a possibility

The ocean and weather are not controllable factors for the skippers and who can overcome the fury of nature ??

its just his bad luck - Capt Tomy - that he and the other 2 ran into this storm and Capt Tomys yacht was the worst hit of all.

Anyways - Capt Jean Luc will have a 2000 mile lead and effectively he is the winner ( for me ) and is expected to complete in 198 days - a new world record !

Well done ! - so far.

Hope the rescue planes spot Capt Tomy and 2 other yachts - closeby..today.

best regards,
mpw

His race is over..

The ocean and weather are not controllable factors for the skippers and who can overcome the fury of nature ??

its just his bad luck - Capt Tomy - that he and the other 2 ran into this storm and Capt Tomys yacht was the worst hit of all.

best regards,
mpw

Tomy was well versed with the ocean's unforgiving nature. But for him, his love for the ocean blue was despite its treacherous nature...
We have to just hang on till someone reaches him.

Hats off to this man. We can't survive at home with a broken finger and he survived in a broken boat with water in it with a broken BACK
We won't have even 2 percent resliance . Maybe the military training gives that plus his own personal quality
But glad he is rescued.
For me he is the winner of the race

Tomorrow either Capt Gregor or the French ship Osiris will get to him.

Hope his condition will be not be medically too bad.

Bad back, lying on the bed and vomit will certainly not be a friendly scene to encounter.

Fingers crossed...

The live page shows McGuckin is about 60 km away half an hour at 0600 UTC

ciao
gr

On CNN.. They say his batteries are dead..

Hope things take a positive turn today

Personally I have been following GGR almost daily.

I see the live tracker with the same trepidation like what happens while entering an exam hall..

I don't know why it affects me so much.. But it does..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back