ASUS O:Play Mini

Saffer

Hi All,

This might have been covered in previous posts but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. I have been using an O Play Mini for 2 years without issue when suddenly it stopped functioning properly. Two things happened simultaneously;
the volume stopped working. It only goes up by 1 bar, no more so you cant hear anything at all and the Video playback went from colour to Black and White!
I tried flashing the device with the latest Firmware and even rolled back three versions, still no effect. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try next? or is this device toast?

Thanks for your help, have a great day :)

Is your device surge protected?
This may happen due to excess surge/voltage fluctuations which may damage the circuits of the device.
or else check your HDMI connection trying other cable or other ports.
In my case, my ASUS air started malfunctioning when fed with 1TB ext. usb HDD. It gets hanged very often these days.
Firmware updated and rolled back again did not solve the issue. may be hardware problem or limitations as per its processor speed.
I also could not resolved the issue.
Experts comments and tips wild help. FM's experts are requeated to guide us in this regards.

@nmursekar, instead of typing a second post, it would've been better that you edited the first post itself asyou realised the mistake within the half an hour window that exists where one's own posts could be edited.

@saffer, you may try contacting the Asus folks. BTW there is this facebook community that you might like to check out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asus-OPlay-Multimedia-Player-Mini-HD2-Air/244919192230253?fref=ts

You may also try asking folks like this: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5z49i-asus-o-play-mini-plus-media-player-tried-firmware.html

Nothing can be possible. Just you have to through your product. Asus does not repair the board. They just replace the product/Board if it is in warranty. No chargeable repair has done. In my case, only remote stop working and because of that, I am not able to use this product.

only remote stop working and because of that, I am not able to use this product.
AYlgpr

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back