Asus Xonar Essence ST : is it worth waiting for ??

Acc to John Atkinsons review in Jan 2010 Stereophile, the Asus Xonar Essence St & STX ( he tested & reviewed both) are identical, exceot that the ST is for PCI slots & the STX is for the newer PCI-E slots
Is this some other card that is being discussed?

Acc to John Atkinsons review in Jan 2010 Stereophile, the Asus Xonar Essence St & STX ( he tested & reviewed both) are identical, exceot that the ST is for PCI slots & the STX is for the newer PCI-E slots

No the clock is a better one. See the guru3d forum link posted below :)
ST is the one to go for :)

Cheers

Yes, that is the very same sound card being discussed here.

In that case I need to exchage D2X with ST + exp-brd.
Only issue, D2X has AV200 & ST av100.
So will that cause any issue for mov playback?Bluray mov?

D2X has the capability of converting normal sound to PC-style Dolby Digital and DTS formats. Essence cards dont have that. I am sure there are more surround related features that are present in D2X which is not available in the Essence cards. But then the Essence has EMI filtering technologies plus upgraded capacitors and opamps. It is supposed to have an optimized configuration for stereo music. So, it should be a jump up.

Essence cards can do conversion to dolby-digital though not dts. D2X cards can do both but the two features are essentially the same with different name tag & IMO a useless reduplication of the feature.

It is really helpful to compare D2X & ST side by side to check whether upgrade is really worthy.:)

Hi Mahiruha, did you check my link?

Hi Spiro,
thanks for thet link. I checked it but I have decided to upgrade my pc altogether with new motherboard Asus M3N78-EM 8GB DDR2, AMD X2 245 processor , Asus xonar essence stx soundcard. will add a decent graphics card later on.Actually I was thinking that I really miss my micosoft flight simulator so it is better to build a pc where I can play music and also play flight simulator.Do you have any idea about full HD monitors ? Which one is a decent 19-22 inch full hd lcd monitor with hdmi input. I am finding few full HD lcd montiors with DVD D input but no HDMI. Is DVI-D good enough for full HD as comapred to HDMI?
Thanks.

Hi Spiro,
thanks for thet link. I checked it but I have decided to upgrade my pc altogether with new motherboard Asus M3N78-EM 8GB DDR2, AMD X2 245 processor , Asus xonar essence stx soundcard. will add a decent graphics card later on.Actually I was thinking that I really miss my micosoft flight simulator so it is better to build a pc where I can play music and also play flight simulator.Do you have any idea about full HD monitors ? Which one is a decent 19-22 inch full hd lcd monitor with hdmi input. I am finding few full HD lcd montiors with DVD D input but no HDMI. Is DVI-D good enough for full HD as comapred to HDMI?
Thanks.
Have a look at dis Benq 24 inch monitor.The model is G2412HD.Very good VFM.My frnd bought it for 10.6k arnd 45 days bac.I think de price shd be less now.It has got HDMI and very good performance.
BenQ India - Computing

Hi Gops,
thanks for the suggeston. VFM factor looks very nice. Also considering Samsung 2233SW full HD and located a guy in Calcutta who has stock.I am yet to locate a BenQ dealer in Calcutta.How is the reputation of BenQ as a company never used any of their product.
Thanks.

I saw a 23" full HD monitor from samsung at cost to cost display - costing 10,999 IIRC (less than 11k for sure). Model number was P2350 and it had vga and dvi connectivity.
I am looking for some very good monitor that can also be used as a TV with tata sky. Pls suggest.

Benq 22in full HD monitor comes with HDMI(2200).
As per only vid is concerned,DVI-D with HDCP is enough.
Dell though costly ,but good .Samy & LG are VFM.

Hi Gops,
thanks for the suggeston. VFM factor looks very nice. Also considering Samsung 2233SW full HD and located a guy in Calcutta who has stock.I am yet to locate a BenQ dealer in Calcutta.How is the reputation of BenQ as a company never used any of their product.
Thanks.

Well before my frnd bought it ,even i was not on to Benq,but after seeing his monitor i think its very good for wat we pay.Full HD stuff looked good and very good features also.Samsung 2233 is a 3D capable monitor,i mean u can watch 3D videos with the help of glasses as its refresh rate is 120hz.experts wil be able to provide u with more info.Both of dem are good and samsung would be arnd 8.5 k i think.But i feel Benq is more VFM compared to Samsung.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back