Asus Xonar Essence ST : is it worth waiting for ??

Re the Asus Xonar Essence ST soundcard.
I had a word today with Rashi Peripherals who are the distributors for this & the STX in a con call with their Delhi office & their Mumbai Head Office.
They will supply this @ Rs 8750 + vat( 5% in Delhi, for e.g.) w/o the daughter card, on the basis of prior booking.
I'll get to know the cost of the daughter card tomorow.
The person to be contacted is Mr Piyush mob no. 09810208666 who will arrange this for you.

Re the Asus Xonar Essence ST soundcard.
I had a word today with Rashi Peripherals who are the distributors for this & the STX in a con call with their Delhi office & their Mumbai Head Office.
They will supply this @ Rs 8750 + vat( 5% in Delhi, for e.g.) w/o the daughter card, on the basis of prior booking.
I'll get to know the cost of the daughter card tomorow.
The person to be contacted is Mr Piyush mob no. 09810208666 who will arrange this for you.

I had called the local Rashi Asus PM but he had never heard of it and like with the typical trader mentality, they expect you to educate them on a product then hang up saying they dont supply it or have it :rolleyes:

I am amazed that you were able to contrive a confcall with two regional offices!! :eek:hyeah::clapping:

Cheers

Gobble this is exactly what Piyush told me, that their regional offices would'nt understand what you're talking abt when I asked him for a list of names/ph nos of their regional offices so that members could contact the local Rashi office.
That is why he stated that it wuld be better if members phone him first & then he would make appropriate delivery arrangements.
He made it clear though that they would not keep ready stock of the ST (unlike in the case of the STX) & it would be arranged on the basis of advance orders.

Gobble this is exactly what Piyush told me, that their regional offices would'nt understand what you're talking abt when I asked him for a list of names/ph nos of their regional offices so that members could contact the local Rashi office.
That is why he stated that it wuld be better if members phone him first & then he would make appropriate delivery arrangements.
He made it clear though that they would not keep ready stock of the ST (unlike in the case of the STX) & it would be arranged on the basis of advance orders.

Thanks. Are you able to make sense of this? http://www2.jp.onkyo.com/what/news.nsf/view/se200pci?OpenDocument

Thanks. Are you able to make sense of this? ???V???i???@HD?T?E???h????@PCI ?f?W?^???E?I?[?f?B?I?E?{?[?h?@?uSE-200PCI?v

Its a rival to the Asus. Couldn't find and English or Jinglish page for it :)

Cheers

Hi gobble,I have posted few month back abt Onkyo SC with wolfson DAC & moserw was surprised to know if Onkyo makes it.There are 2 crd I think.

well this is readable...
PCI-SE200, the new Onkyo HD sound card Akihabara News
A simple review of Onkyo SE200 Soundcard - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Onkyo SE-200PCI and SE-U55SX Sound Cards [audiojunkies]

Many companies have high end "japan Only" products.
There are "UK special" products too.

Sony is notorious for that.They had many audiophile products just for japan...

Guys,
Has anyone bought an Essence card very recently?
Its unavailable everywhere and there's no proper ETA on this thing from the company.:mad:

Last edited:
Simply love the way Amarbirji says these things as is:D. Also, wonder why he has complicated his online store that it requires so much of manual intervention. His system needs a complete Business Process Re-engineering.

I think we can get the card and expansion cards separately...it is near impossible to get the ST as such with daughter card.

That is extension brd of HDAV & not ST.
D2X has onrd output(7.1) & dont need any extension.

^^ in the features, it is mentioned as

# Features:

* 120 dB SNR for all channels
* Swappable OPamp sockets
* Compatible with Xonar Essence ST/Xonar HDAV1.3

So, it works fine with ST as well.Best of both worlds. :D

and yep, sorry abt the D2X part.

D2X has 118db S/N ratio & not far behind.
Seller has metioned for both,but officially brd is not available with ST yet.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back