Asus Xonar Essence ST : is it worth waiting for ??

Asus is bringing a new card Essence ST that will feature best featuers of the STX and D2X xonar cards.
Is it worth waiting for ?

Asus Essence ST : a preview

imageview.php

I am using it. Its very good but only for Stereo. Cant get better.

sorry for this stupid post but I need to know for sure as I live in the Philippines and I am going to buy this blindly in the USA and have it shipped here so there's no returning back and re-selling here is almost 0% due to the cost of the card.

Anyway, my simple question is, will the Asus Xonar Essence ST plus H6 board do a mere 2.1 system? or do i need to have all 7.1 ? I only intend to use my 2x monitor speakers plus a subwoofer. I have no intention of using the rear/side/center speakers.

non-related question: does anyone know of there is any volume control that I can plug in the USB so that i can turn a big knob to instantly turn up/down the volume? my monitor speakers are a bit far from me and is not directly reachable. I still have to stand.

Thanks so much.

now ST supports Sample rate : 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz with new Beta drivers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back