ATC SCM 11 Speakers

I doubt if there is a dynaudio rep in India at present,

Find out from sound smiths if they have any ex-stocks.

Atc's are better than, compared to dynaudio, I picked my scm11 from uk this may for 650gbp after vat refund.carried them with me on emirates, have huge baggage allowance as platinum frequent flyer.@ customs in Hyd it costed me a smile.

My atc's were driven by the Ki pearl.

But all this passive's is junk for what ever price, my suggestion settle for actives.

Oak

Nikhil, whats the amplifier you have or plan to run it with ?
ATCs do need high current for a strong bass..but so do the Dyna's.
I have heard the Dynaudio Contour as well as the ATC 40 at Dr Bass and the ATC midrange/delicacy and power really outshone the Dynaudios (which is no slouch either)

in the end it is th Amp-Speaker Synergy which is going to make the most difference...so go for the speaker which you feel si the best in terms of your budget and the choose the amp..the rest is all placement. (and of course the best source you can give it)

Awesome ! One thing to keep in mind,

A dynaudio or ATC with CPA3 / PM-1 will become a very transparent downstream. When you attempt something like this, your source will become very critical. Any change in the source will become very apparent. All strengths and weaknesses will be magnified.

Wrong source = bad sound and can be wrongly attributed to the speaker. I have seen this happen many times !

I spoke to the ATC distributor a month back, the price for the SCM 11 was around 1.17L. Was there a recent price reduction?

-Saikat

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Still waiting on the Dynaudio dealer contact so can't really say whats going to happen in that direction. I must admit the Dynaudios are great looking speakers that would look great in our living room.

Saikat, there has been a price revision and I think the list price is now Rs 1.23L.

Its been an interesting since last week. After the Dynaudio recommendations I did try to get in touch with the local Dynaudio guys but still no luck. No idea how they plan to sell in India. One thing is for sure - all dealers are full up to their ears with $$$$ HT installations. Its hard - almost embarrassing - to walk in and talk about buying a pair of bookshelf speakers.

I do have a crack at a mint Contour S1.4 in the US but getting it over here will be an issue. That aside its also a blind buy since I have no idea what they sound like. This might have to be something to put be put off for later. For all reasons the ATCs are much more accessible for me right now.

However the "daunting" part of getting the SCM11s is going to be my humble Sony CD player. I keep thinking of going for a DAC to clean up the source but my dinosaur CDP only has optical and RCA outs which is going to limit my options. Anybody else on here who has been in this position?

Until I get a better feel for things I think I'm going to chuck the "itch" and get back to enjoying my music ...

:cool:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back