Atlast angel is at my home samsung ps51d550

If the disk is not getting recognized by the pc/laptop then recovery softwares can't help here. The better option will be to send it for data recovery.

given hard disc for data recovery.
i entered service menu by using info- menu- mute- power it worked, i changed model to 7000 series but lost pip function, got 5 picture modes, calibration, all hdmi worked,but usb, wifi dongle lost,images seemed brighter, but i changed to ps551, because of pip.....
in the service menu, i found that the brightness , contrast are kept low, around 70% only,,, so no need to worry about loss of brightness with age, it can be increased..
iam now enjoying picture with contrast 75, brightness 55, colour 40, cell light 6, all advance options off... got lovely picture... wish if samsung had only minimised reflections, it would have been ultimate tv of the year...

for wifi- iam using adapter given for 6900 bluray player... it configured in 5 seconds..

@drkavint... on a slightly unrelated topic.. would really like to know how much the data recovery ppl charged you this recovery? I have a conked 1tb hd as well that i wana get data out of.
Many thanks

@drkavint... on a slightly unrelated topic.. would really like to know how much the data recovery ppl charged you this recovery? I have a conked 1tb hd as well that i wana get data out of.
Many thanks
My 256 external hard disk crashed ,so i gave it to the most reputed data recovery agency in Bangalore ,they gave a quotation of 12 K :mad:I gave it for warranty exchange.

Last edited:
sorry...i had given hard disc dealer to send 4 recovery,,,rates un known...i told up to 3,000 iam ready , else told 2 exchange 4 new....god should help..wish i had atleast seen 2/3 movies.....it contained 234 hd bluray rip movies and 26 3d movies.....

sorry...i had given hard disc dealer to send 4 recovery,,,rates un known...i told up to 3,000 iam ready , else told 2 exchange 4 new....god should help..wish i had atleast seen 2/3 movies.....it contained 234 hd bluray rip movies and 26 3d movies.....

Try hddregenerator several times, it can detect a failed hdd randomly and can repair it! I have done it on atleast one drive which had clicking sound and was not been recognized. Most of the HDDs shuts off as a protective measure as soon as you connect them after such crashes. Hence, reconnecting them several times may get them to detect randomly and the software can repair it! It may take several days for the repair to get completed once though and you may need to do it several times before you recover almost all the files :)

iam always unlucky prankey, before seeing about hd regenerater i sent the hard disk for exchange, because they said warranty void if attempt for data retrieve causes any external damage...
will be getting new 2 tb, will take 3 months to download all 3d movies again...

6-7 yrs ago, i wasted 10k for retrieving datas from my full packed 250 gb hdd.i feel today that i was grandly cheated...since it was my first big data storage failure & went to my nearby data retrieval person w/o much thinking... but later on when i got back the damaged disk(data retrieved 90%+)...i saw that there was just 5-6 bad sectors only(no other defects) which caused the mess/problems & if i had known the things b4 hand,i could very well made a personal data retrieval very much possible!......i still think today that data retrieval job was the worst Cheat i had in my entire tech life...& i feel BIG ashamed till today,the way i was duped,part due to ignorance & also the fear of data loss!

6-7 yrs ago, i wasted 10k for retrieving datas from my full packed 250 gb hdd.i feel today that i was grandly cheated...since it was my first big data storage failure & went to my nearby data retrieval person w/o much thinking... but later on when i got back the damaged disk(data retrieved 90%+)...i saw that there was just 5-6 bad sectors only(no other defects) which caused the mess/problems & if i had known the things b4 hand,i could very well made a personal data retrieval very much possible!......i still think today that data retrieval job was the worst Cheat i had in my entire tech life...& i feel BIG ashamed till today,the way i was duped,part due to ignorance & also the fear of data loss!

I agree to an extent. Except for platter based recovery when the HDD is unrecognizable and platters are severely damaged, HDD Regenerator software works wonders. I recovered my colleague's HDD after like 15 days and it literally was almost unusable with probably millions of bad sectors. Best part is HDD Regenerator recovers data as well as repair bad sectors as well permanently and also restores slower HDD speed due to dying sectors! So its the best software I have tried in many years (used to use HDcopy in DOS before and did recover one 4GB HDD 15 years back from a couple of bad sectors which used to make the HDD get stuck around those marked bad sectors, after recovery, the HDD worked flawless without any loss or speed or any trace of bad sectors!!!

hi,
i took back hard disc, tried hddregenerater full night, no use said bad sector. 0 files recovered, hence given for exchange. waiting for new one.. waiting for stargate sg1(73gb) to be finished, then will refresh and download all 3d sbs again...

After two months of waiting period got my tv delivered at home at 2 pm today.. ..

Congrats on your purchase drkavint.

Can you help me with some queries i have?
I am looking to purchase this model.
You mentioned 2 months, is this not generally available in stock?
Read online (not sure if this forum itself) about some issues with the D550's panel going kaput within a week. Any extended warranty for this model?:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back