Atmos

Thanks for the pictures - I will
Look up the thread you’ve mentioned ....if you have a dedicated room - I suppose the attached picture and installation might be fine ... but for many it’s the living room that’s their TV room HT Room - 2 Ch room etc ... and that being the case I was hoping for members who have done more aesthetically suitable installation.

Asthetically you can install it the way you want but many pointers to install on concrete ceilings will be discussed in the thread

claims test with little sarcasm :cool: :- arent these new formats and room correction softwares supposed to give immersive experience irrespective of speaker placement?? Yeah I’m not that ignorant spk placement is a very important subject. all these technologies should take these constraints out of the equation if not fully right ??

claims test with little sarcasm :cool: :- arent these new formats and room correction softwares supposed to give immersive experience irrespective of speaker placement?? Yeah I’m not that ignorant spk placement is a very important subject. all these technologies should take these constraints out of the equation if not fully right ??
They do give immersive experience. But no matter how good the room eq is it cannot change the law of physics and that’s why speaker placement and angle is very important. Room eq will correct minor misplaced speaker positions and angles but a huge deviation will be very evident especially with panning and separations.

View attachment 59036View attachment 59037
img_20210629_072345_copy_1560x720-jpg.59038

Thats the mount which I got it from a store called Mangalam mounts in SP road, Bangalore. Got it screwed to the speakers and drilled a bit in the ceiling and got em fixed.

@Love4sound - Sorry for hijacking the thread. Even I am on the same boat. I don't feel the prominence of the Atmos speakers at all. It produces sound but I am not able to separate it from the surround sound.

@Love4sound - Sorry for hijacking the thread. Even I am on the same boat. I don't feel the prominence of the Atmos speakers at all. It produces sound but I am not able to separate it from the surround sound.
What layout you are using? Also from MLP what angle is the speaker installed. For me I have issues cause of angle and placement due to room limitations

Some Atmos sound mixes are great,while some mixes are not that great ,it doesn't utilises the height channels much.
However Atmos height channels are not engaged always ..based on the scenes requirement if the sound engineers have mixed it and embedded as an object in the Track ,then definitely the Heights effects will be good during that time.

One more important factor is speaker placement and it's angle with respect to your Main listening position (MLP) should be as per Dolby guidelines .Adding audio calibration ( Both active and passive calibration ) to that will make a great immersive experience.

Attached the MLP, I didn't want to direct it to single position. Generally I grab a bean bag and sit below the Atmos, rest of the family use the couch.

Please refer the images for you to get an idea on the speaker placements. Panning on top front is good enough I feel. The problem is top rear which is installed exactly above my MLP and in line with the surrounds which are also installed very high. I know it’s wrongly installed but I have no choice given my room limitations. I even some times have hard time figuring out if the sound is from rear surrounds or rear heights

I have installed in concrete ceiling. Please go through this thread and continue posting there for any queries

Just for a trial, configure the height channels to be "Front height and Top Middle" and see what kind of engagement you get in terms of content playing from heights. I use this config in my 7.2.4 and Top middle are very prominent. All the background music, dedicated height channel effects etc are well managed when I play any title on Netflix on Xbox One S. Even the Atmos and 7.1 or MA content when played as DTS X engages the height channels very well.

Just for a trial, configure the height channels to be "Front height and Top Middle" and see what kind of engagement you get in terms of content playing from heights. I use this config in my 7.2.4 and Top middle are very prominent. All the background music, dedicated height channel effects etc are well managed when I play any title on Netflix on Xbox One S. Even the Atmos and 7.1 or MA content when played as DTS X engages the height channels very well.
I checked few more contents and also had two fms visit to check. It’s all good now. Getting good atmos effects.

Cool. What changed?
I checked different movie scenes.Some i get good effects and some I don’t. Also if I increase the volume levels it gets better. So all good with atmos for now. Few things I can do to improve the imaging like bring the surrounds lower and move the Ac which I will do later.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back