Attaching sub to Edifier 1700BT

On another note, the morel sub seems to have only 75w of continuous power. Usually, the smaller the driver, the more power the sub requires to output the same decibels than a sub with a larger driver i.e. usually, a 200w 12inch sub will go louder than a 200w 10inch sub which , in turn , will go louder than a 200 8inch sub. Its not an inviolable rule but the norm.

I don't think it would be wise to choose your sub depending on only availability of RCA out. It limits your options. Rather, get a decent AVR with an RCA out which can plug to your speakers and the sub out can plug to every single sub out there.
That adds a significant cost to upgrade my humble 12k speakers. And on top of that, if I do get a decent bookshelf later, there will be issues with the AVR being good enough to drive that bookshelf (my other post on Mission QX2 has already irritated some folks going by the replies lol)..

On a related note, can I DM or call you sometime to discuss a few of my concerns? I don't want to keep spamming multiple posts just because I'm having trouble understanding basic things about AV equipment.

That adds a significant cost to upgrade my humble 12k speakers. And on top of that, if I do get a decent bookshelf later, there will be issues with the AVR being good enough to drive that bookshelf (my other post on Mission QX2 has already irritated some folks going by the replies lol)..

On a related note, can I DM or call you sometime to discuss a few of my concerns? I don't want to keep spamming multiple posts just because I'm having trouble understanding basic things about AV equipment.
Sure. Will be happy to help

Use a Y splitter from your source, one pair rca should go to SUB and another pair to 1700BT. In this way, you won't be able to adjust the frequency going to 1700BT, only you can adjust the frequency in the SUB, if that option available in the SUB. Btw, whats your source?
That is what I did and sound good. Other option is to set the input of the audio to the subwoofer and connect the line out of the subwoofer with the speakers. But I prefer the first option as it preserves the bass sound in the speakers. The second option will derive all the basses to the subwoofer.

I'm looking to attach a sub for my Edifer 1700BT (temp fix till I get a proper hi-fi set). What sub would you recommend and how to attach a sub to this speaker?

I've scoured online and found something on the lines of using RCA splitters but I'm not sure of the configuration that is needed. (splitter attaches to which end? where the speaker go? where does the sub go? etc..)

I also understand that i'll have to adjust speaker and subwoofer volume separately, what is the least painful way to manage this?

The image attached shows the inputs available.
Hi did you sort your sub out. I also want to add a sub to my speakers. (Same as yours). Could you show me what you did

That is what I did and sound good. Other option is to set the input of the audio to the subwoofer and connect the line out of the subwoofer with the speakers. But I prefer the first option as it preserves the bass sound in the speakers. The second option will derive all the basses to the subwoofer.
Rca line out will not change the bass going to the speakers. It acts like a splitter cable

Hi did you sort your sub out. I also want to add a sub to my speakers. (Same as yours). Could you show me what you did
It was a very easy thing to so. Using splitter rca cable. Source to splitter and then to both the sub and the speakers. But this would not work in case you use bluetooth of the speakers.

Use a Y splitter from your source, one pair rca should go to SUB and another pair to 1700BT. In this way, you won't be able to adjust the frequency going to 1700BT, only you can adjust the frequency in the SUB, if that option available in the SUB. Btw, whats your source?
My source is my Samsung s23 via Bluetooth. Any idea how I would do this? Thank you......

My source is my Samsung s23 via Bluetooth. Any idea how I would do this? Thank you......
You wouldn't be able to use sub in case if the bluetooth receiver is the speaker itself, otherwise should use an external bluetooth receiver.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back