Audessey Configuration

nitinbose

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed in Onkyo Receivers an overall reduction in the volume control limit when you run the audessey configuration setup.

If the maximum volume is at 80, this would reduce to about 54.

Could anyone be knowing why and if other receivers such as Denon has similar effects by Audessey?

Thanks,

Nitin.

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed in Onkyo Receivers an overall reduction in the volume control limit when you run the audessey configuration setup.

If the maximum volume is at 80, this would reduce to about 54.

Could anyone be knowing why and if other receivers such as Denon has similar effects by Audessey?

Thanks,

Nitin.

Hi Nitin. I don't think this is to do with Audessey. I have also caliberated using Audessey on my Onkyo and it well exceeds 54 on the volume indicator.

Please check your receiver settings. There is a setting function where you manage the volume functions -

- Max volume
- Volume at powering on

I have a feeling that you max volume setting is set to 54.

In Marantz, if the speaker channel level is adjusted +1db or higher, the maximum volume will be reduced by that equal amount.
I believe this is a similar effect. check the speaker channel levels that has been setup by audessey and also check the manual for speaker level adjustments.

its basically set up by auddyssey

i think reduction is in overall volume same thing happens to my onkyo av receiver its actuall volume is from 0 to 100 but after calibration it is now 0 to 73

Hi Nitin. I don't think this is to do with Audessey. I have also caliberated using Audessey on my Onkyo and it well exceeds 54 on the volume indicator.

Please check your receiver settings. There is a setting function where you manage the volume functions -

- Max volume
- Volume at powering on

I have a feeling that you max volume setting is set to 54.

Apparently not the case. The user manual mentions that the overall may reduce if any of the channels volume is increased beyond level 0, which is the case when you run audessey where each of the channels get adjusted according to the room size. The only option seems not to use auddessey.

Does this happen with other AVR models as well?

Any auto set up including Audessey will set the initial volume of speakers based on room acoustics. Once that is done, you can always go to manual set up and readjust the relative volume levels of the speakers as well as the initial volume during power on.

Auto set up such as Audessey has to be done only once during initial setting up. Once you remove the mike, the auto setup cannot function any more. The receiver will work with whatever settings specified by the auto set up or your manual set up.

Cheers

Apparently not the case. The user manual mentions that the overall may reduce if any of the channels volume is increased beyond level 0, which is the case when you run audessey where each of the channels get adjusted according to the room size. The only option seems not to use auddessey.

Silly goose me. I literally took the figure of 54. Anyway, will check as I just moved my HT to another room and caliberated using Audessey last evening.

Back