Audio CD/ Vinyl Shop in India

Mahtobar on MG road, Bangalore. CDs and Vinyl. Vikram Bhatt is the owner. He is also the dealer from pro-ject TTs and has helped me get a new stylus for my Ortofon for a great price. He is mostly open by appointment so call before you visit - 96320 38530.
Thanks for info. Is it a shop where we can pay a visit and purchase ? Also does he keep any CDs in his store?

Music Circle in Mumbai for pre-owned vinyl at reasonable prices and mostly VG and VG+ condition. Pilak (owner of music circle) ships all over India.

For new vinyl, Revolver Club in Mumbai has the most choice. Can be expensive though.
Can you pm his contact number..

Vikram - Mahatobar Store - 9632038530. Have bought a few LP's from him, great service

Revolver Club in Bandra Mumbai 9833182255 and Oceanic in Pune 020 2634 2658 are also great. Good service overall from all three stores for LP's. Oceanic and Mahatobar also stock CD's.

Keep in mind that Oceanic in typical Puneri fashion is closed from 1pm to 4 pm and have limited evening hours.

Prices seem to have been updated now to include shipping cost.

But extremely expensive. It looks like they're focusing on vinyl reissues by audiophile labels (Speakers Corner, Analogue Productions, Audio Note, etc.), but even then prices are at least twice as expensive.
Way much overpriced if you compare similar pressings on The Revolver Club.
Plus - most of these selections are just useless audiophile only records with zero musical value.

Prices for vinyl have shot up considerably on Amazon.in too. What used to be Rs.1300-1500 are all Rs.3000 and above now. :(.

Prices for vinyl have shot up considerably on Amazon.in too. What used to be Rs.1300-1500 are all Rs.3000 and above now. :(.
Yes, price of vinyls has gone up not only at Amazon but also in used market . During the out break of covid and lock down I couldn't go to buy records but now I come to know from my audiophile friends that records priced at 500 are being sold at much higher price. Don't know why but it is true.
Regards

I personally prefer to buy viny from overseas sellers. Most of them ship to India. We may pay a little more due to shipping and customs but according to me it's worth it when compared to spending so much time and effort to find things in India.

That's a bit harsh
Prices are obscenely expensive, but they do have a fine selection of jazz, blues and classical music
I extensively listen to jazz on CDs and vinyls (growing collection ) but the titles I see here are not very impressive apart from a few Herbie Hancocks and a few Ella Louis. On the other hand I see lot of audiophile oriented compilations LPs which are really not very good. Don’t listen to classical so won’t comment.

If OP wants to score good vinyls at the best prices he has to frequent the streets for pre owned sellers.

In India - the biggest such vinyl markets are in Kolkata (possibly the largest ) , Pune , Delhi, Hyderabad. Often these dealers sell remarkably good CDs (original pressing Hindi film OSTs , western albums ) at competitive prices.

Amazon India is useless when it comes to CDs and vinyls. Amazon UK at least has a good collection of CDs.

If one is really passionate- one should visit sites like theingroove (Colorado based ) which sells fantastic high quality pressing vinyls - jazz and classic rock.

If OP wants to score good vinyls at the best prices he has to frequent the streets for pre owned sellers.

In India - the biggest such vinyl markets are in Kolkata (possibly the largest ) , Pune , Delhi, Hyderabad. Often these dealers sell remarkably good CDs (original pressing Hindi film OSTs , western albums ) at competitive prices.

Amazon India is useless when it comes to CDs and vinyls. Amazon UK at least has a good collection of CDs.

If one is really passionate- one should visit sites like theingroove (Colorado based ) which sells fantastic high quality pressing vinyls - jazz and classic rock.
Do you know of any sellers in Pune?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back