Audio component section in the forum

square_wave

Guys,
Under Audio components does it make sense to have two sections Home theatre and stereo instead of three now.
Currently we have too many mixed threads. Av receiver discussions in amplifier section and HTIB experts commenting on two channel speakers etc :mad: Newbies are confused about the members and their opinions.

Keeping these two apart will maintain some amount of correctness in the threads. Participation will be relevant and advice will be pertinent.

Hifi = hi-fidelity- meaning recreation of sound which is true to the source. This is the same for 2-channel and home theatre. There is no difference. In theory at-least :D

2-channel and surround sound for home theatre are two very different ball games needing different approaches. The proponents of these two are very different and the gear and approach is radically different.

Most high-quality forums keeps these two separate providing for more meaningful discussions.

Hifi = hi-fidelity- meaning recreation of sound which is true to the source. This is the same for 2-channel and home theatre. There is no difference. In theory at-least :D

2-channel and surround sound for home theatre are two very different ball games needing different approaches. The proponents of these two are very different and the gear and approach is radically different.

Most high-quality forums keeps these two separate providing for more meaningful discussions.

Square_wave, I support your suggestion. Stereo and HT under separate sections would give much better distinction and organisation to threads and queries.
Only problem I see is that, you will need amp, speaker, source etc topics for both of them i.e doubling of sections. Also there is a chance that some of the members would stick to just the stereo part and some to just HT( it s productive) and this would lead to less mingling:D, exposure etc

Square_wave, I support your suggestion. Stereo and HT under separate sections would give much better distinction and organisation to threads and queries.
Only problem I see is that, you will need amp, speaker, source etc topics for both of them i.e doubling of sections. Also there is a chance that some of the members would stick to just the stereo part and some to just HT( it s productive) and this would lead to less mingling:D, exposure etc

Once you keep these two broad categories separate, you do not need separate sections under them. Once the threads comes under the right category, the number of posts will be limited and more focused.
The whole point is to restrict the members to sections which they like/know about.
I agree there will be less mingling but whatever mingling is there, will be correct for the section. Makes it more meaningful.

Excellent suggestion, it would be great if this could be done! Would also like to add a long-standing request of my own - the possibility to filter out the forums shown on the landing page, i.e. would like to be shown only a list of posts from forums of interest to me.

Once you keep these two broad categories separate, you do not need separate sections under them. Once the threads comes under the right category, the number of posts will be limited and more focused.
The whole point is to restrict the members to sections which they like/know about.
I agree there will be less mingling but whatever mingling is there, will be correct for the section. Makes it more meaningful.

On the same note, it would be nice if members were encouraged to post in proper language with punctuation and sms language would be prohibited! It does make reading posts much easier.

Unleash, Lol, er sorry laugh out loud:p

More than that, its when people post like this:
heyzz, iz de quad spkrs dat i got.....dey r osom.....

A series of dots to indicate Pauses longer than the ones in A.B Vajpayees speeches, absence of any punctuation whatsoever, no small/big letters etc make certain posts quite hard to read!

You are right. At times it does get a little irritating :)

Having said that, I myself use web acronyms quite often, infact there were times when i had to consciously replace them with their respective full forms. Funny that the office emails often spot a lot of these and no one really raised any issues so far. After a team meeting the violated white board usually is full of gibberish that normal mortals just pass off with a pitiful sigh.

Oh, btw there are local heroes who can beat Vajpayee to his knees.

Unleash, Lol, er sorry laugh out loud:p

More than that, its when people post like this:
heyzz, iz de quad spkrs dat i got.....dey r osom.....

A series of dots to indicate Pauses longer than the ones in A.B Vajpayees speeches, absence of any punctuation whatsoever, no small/big letters etc make certain posts quite hard to read!

Muhawhawhawhawhahahaha! :D (Thats not an acronym!! )

The 2 section suggestion by Square_Wave is good. Why isn't it implemented already? Its already many days ....... :)

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back