Audio Engine A5 auditioning

Rem

Audio Engine A5 auditioning in Bangalore

Is there any place in Blr where I can audition Audio Engine A5. Listened to a lot of other budget speakers with amp need to see how much difference the separates make when compared to the AE A5. if the difference isnt day and night will go for the AE A5 for 18-19k saves money :) for a startup hifi I guess tht shud be enuf.

Last edited:
Unless you find an owner in Bangalore I don't think you'll get to demo the A5 anywhere. If it's worth anything, I bought the A2s without an audition and they turned out to be superb, and yes the value for 18-19k fr getting a good pair of bookshelf speakers and a good amp, is unbeatable.

Thats re-assuring Psycho lemme wait for some more time and see if i can audition it somewhere though I doubt it, before taking the plunge.

I believe ARN Systems is dealing with Audioengine also. Do check with them. If you buy from them it'll have that reassurance also, that if there is a problem you can just take it back to them.

The AE5 cannot be bettered by any passive + amp combination under 25K. even the Wharfies with a Norge don't come close.

Reliability, of course, is another matter and I'm not sure how well they would hold up. Owners have had problems with the AE2s consistently, no news about the AE5 but I would give it a hard think.

Thanks for that Cranky,

As you said I have read abt reliability problems I believe in this forum itself.Coz of that I hve defi ruled out the online option.

Now m also trying to look at used amp+speakers as well. Need to see what all v can get within 40k.

Psycho,

Yep ARN stocks them if m buying wud buy it from there; atleast if somethg happens I can go back to them instead of depending on endless mails & calls to customer care if m buying from websites.

there's tons you can get for 40k!

Actually if you stretch that a bit you can buy brand new kit. Marantz PM7001 for 22k, and Usher S520 for 22k.

Or of course, PM6002 for 17-18k (?) and Usher S520 for 22k.

Tons of options with that budget, but then you have to decide whether your budget is 20k for amp+speaker, or 40k. If it is 40k I am pretty certain you can exceed the Audioengine A5, but if it's 20k or thereabouts, don't even think about anything else.

Thanks for that Cranky,

As you said I have read abt reliability problems I believe in this forum itself.Coz of that I hve defi ruled out the online option.

Now m also trying to look at used amp+speakers as well. Need to see what all v can get within 40k.

Psycho,

Yep ARN stocks them if m buying wud buy it from there; atleast if somethg happens I can go back to them instead of depending on endless mails & calls to customer care if m buying from websites.

there's tons you can get for 40k!

Actually if you stretch that a bit you can buy brand new kit. Marantz PM7001 for 22k, and Usher S520 for 22k.

Or of course, PM6002 for 17-18k (?) and Usher S520 for 22k.

Tons of options with that budget, but then you have to decide whether your budget is 20k for amp+speaker, or 40k. If it is 40k I am pretty certain you can exceed the Audioengine A5, but if it's 20k or thereabouts, don't even think about anything else.

Deciding on the budget has been the most difficult part initially we had a budget of 60k for Cdp,amp,speaker, then when we started reading so many articles and so many others testifying abt A5 in this forum as well we thought y not save some money and start with a cdp + AE A5.

Now we got another option of used as well :rolleyes:

CDP wud be either Marantz(CD6003) or CA(640c); no NAD too many NAD cdp reliability issues.

I got one used NAD CDP 542 - the very first CD I put into it, it said no disc. You can imagine what would be my state of mind. And that too when it had made a trip back to Ramesh (hifipall4all) as it would not power on the first time I got it. I turned the power off, waited for a couple of minutes, and restarted it.
Guess what? No trouble since then!!! Though I haven't heard it a lot since then, but I do turn it on for some time every day - and one night it was on for few hours 5 hours burning in my headphones.
Sounds nice. But can't really compare to anything else as I don't have them personally.

I got one used NAD CDP 542 - the very first CD I put into it, it said no disc. You can imagine what would be my state of mind. And that too when it had made a trip back to Ramesh (hifipall4all) as it would not power on the first time I got it. I turned the power off, waited for a couple of minutes, and restarted it.
Guess what? No trouble since then!!! Though I haven't heard it a lot since then, but I do turn it on for some time every day - and one night it was on for few hours 5 hours burning in my headphones.
Sounds nice. But can't really compare to anything else as I don't have them personally.
by all means NAD cdps are very good players but since I hve read too mny stories of NAD cdps failing so m lil apprehensive abt them. :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back