Audio missing in ASUS O!Play HD2 with Sony Bravia EX400 and F&D 5.1 Ch (Model: A-83)

ace75

Dear Friends
I recently bought F&D 5.1 Channel speakers (Model: A-83) and ASUS O!Play HD2 media player for my Sony Bravia LCD TV EX400.
At times, when I connect my TV with ASUS media player through an HDMI cable the sound output through native TV speakers is not good, and that was the reason for buying the F&D speakers. But once I connect these speakers to TV, there is no sound from these external speakers. However the video on TV is of good quality. The output from TV to external speakers seems not to function.
However, when I connect an additional audio (red and white) wire from ASUS player to F&D speaker system, the sound is ok.
Can anyone please suggest a remedy for the lack of audio output from TV to external speakers. Is anything wrong with my connection?
Please help me...

Thanks in advance.

Re: Audio missing in ASUS O!Play HD2 with Sony Bravia EX400 and F&D 5.1 Ch (Model: A-

It is not clear how you connected the speaker system to your tv. Take the tv line out or headphone out and connect it to one of the stereo inputs of your amp.

Re: Audio missing in ASUS O!Play HD2 with Sony Bravia EX400 and F&D 5.1 Ch (Model: A-

I have connected the Audio cable R/L (Red and white colored) on the respective sockets on the back side of TV with Audio input sockets (Red and white colored) viz. AUX on the back side of super bass speaker.

you may have to change the audio output settings of your TV to "external speakers"

i have a bravia tv and it does not have R/L (Red and white colored) out ports. Instead it has a 3.5 jack audio out/headphone out. So use a 3.5 to R/L cable to connect the Audio out of the television to the speaker system.

i have a bravia tv and it does not have R/L (Red and white colored) out ports. Instead it has a 3.5 jack audio out/headphone out. So use a 3.5 to R/L cable to connect the Audio out of the television to the speaker system.

I have a bravia v-series hd ready tv purchased way back in 2008. I connect my bose companion speakers using the red/white cables with the audio-tv out. The sound is very good.

Thanks.

But doing so, gives poor quality of sound.

I have a bravia v-series hd ready tv purchased way back in 2008. I connect my bose companion speakers using the red/white cables with the audio-tv out. The sound is very good.

Thanks.

What could be the reason for absence of sound in my connection? I have tried various other wires too, but none of these give me any sound.
Please help.

My problem got solved.
There was a minor change required in Sony Bravia Audio output.
Menu > Settings > Set Up > AV Set Up > Video 1 Input/ Output: ....
Changed "Input to Output" in the final "submenu".

Thanks to all of you who came here and gave your suggestions.

Did you try the headphone out? If there is still no sound, then test the headphone out of tv using a headphone.

My problem got solved after contacting Sony Customer care.

There was a minor change required in Sony Bravia Audio output.
Menu > Settings > Set Up > AV Set Up > Video 1 Input/ Output: ....
Changed "Input to Output" in the final "submenu".

Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back