Audio Products India Website : Experiences/Reputation with this website

I had ordered my Audioengine A2B from them about 8 months back... They're the official distributors for Audioengine in India (though bajaao.com also sells audioengine).

I ordered through the offline mode (read phone) as they did not have the website up and running then. I spoke to Mr Manmohan Singh Kohli. A peon from their office delivered the box to my office (Mumbai) the next day and accepted cheque payment (9.8K)

Great speakers + Clean transaction = Happy customer.

Last edited:
I had ordered my Audioengine A2B from them about 8 months back... They're the official distributors for Audioengine in India (though bajaao.com also sells audioengine).

I ordered through the offline mode (read phone) as they did not have the website up and running then. I spoke to Mr Manmohan Singh Kohli. A peon from their office delivered the box to my office (Mumbai) the next day and accepted cheque payment (9.8K)

Great speakers + Clean transaction = Happy customer.

You say they are official distributors for Audioengine in India.
I think its a safe bet then ?

saikat,

Payment modes are cash, cheque, DD, and Direct Deposit in Bank. Does it mean they will ship to anywhere in India and accept Cash On Delivery or Cheque? Have enquired on the website, waiting to hear from them too on this...

i've used them as well....not an online order....i ordered over phone and the speakers were delivered the next day to my friend's office in Bombay, and they took cash payment. It was delivered in good condition, and although they sent me an e-mail bill, i still haven't got the physical bill, but then i haven't reminded them about it either.....i would say i am happy with it.

saikat,

Payment modes are cash, cheque, DD, and Direct Deposit in Bank. Does it mean they will ship to anywhere in India and accept Cash On Delivery or Cheque? Have enquired on the website, waiting to hear from them too on this...

Have no idea at all, why don't you call him directly 09223449938 / 09324233508 or email him singh355 <at> gmail <dot> com

UPDATE
Finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Audio Engine A5 N Bamboo Version.
25K, 5k more than the black/white version.
Why did i opt for the bamboo ? - Partially looks but majorly after reading this hope its true.

Hi,
I have decided on the AE A5. I have some queries that you can clear for me.
1.Is there a sound quality difference between the a5 bamboo vs the a5 black/white ? Is the bamboo necessarily better sounding ? What about bass ?
2.In the a5 bamboo, is the enclosure made of bamboo instead of mdf like on the other color versions ?
3.Give me some more details about the a5 bamboo enclosure . Is it made of laminated bamboo paneling ?
Thanks
Satish

Hi Satish,
Thanks for reaching out. The bamboo speakers were tuned the same way as the MDF speakers, but the natural acoustic advantages of the bamboo do give them a little better sound. The enclosure is made of solid carbonized bamboo, not MDF.

UPDATE
Wire transferred the money into APS account. Spoke to Mr. Aman at APS Company. He said he would ship them out tomorrow so i should have them mid next week.Hes been helpful but shipping could have been quicker. Will post some pics and impressions once theyre in.

Will keep you guys posted.

Congrats. Will wait for the pics and reviews.

UPDATE
Finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Audio Engine A5 N Bamboo Version.
25K, 5k more than the black/white version.
Why did i opt for the bamboo ? - Partially looks but majorly after reading this hope its true.

Hi,
I have decided on the AE A5. I have some queries that you can clear for me.
1.Is there a sound quality difference between the a5 bamboo vs the a5 black/white ? Is the bamboo necessarily better sounding ? What about bass ?
2.In the a5 bamboo, is the enclosure made of bamboo instead of mdf like on the other color versions ?
3.Give me some more details about the a5 bamboo enclosure . Is it made of laminated bamboo paneling ?
Thanks
Satish

Hi Satish,
Thanks for reaching out. The bamboo speakers were tuned the same way as the MDF speakers, but the natural acoustic advantages of the bamboo do give them a little better sound. The enclosure is made of solid carbonized bamboo, not MDF.

UPDATE
Wire transferred the money into APS account. Spoke to Mr. Aman at APS Company. He said he would ship them out tomorrow so i should have them mid next week.Hes been helpful but shipping could have been quicker. Will post some pics and impressions once theyre in.

Will keep you guys posted.

@audiodelic - Hi, what's the update on these babies? Does bamboo sound better? Waiting for a review. I'm out of town at present. Will visit to check them out next time we're both in town and can meet up.

But do post some reviews/pics and your thoughts/impressions... It will help a lot of others too on this forum especially those with second thoughts about going for powered speakers.

This website has some major typo - VDH audio cables are listed at 3lacs 2lacs 1lac etc :lol:
I fell out of my chair when I saw them :eek: If anyone is calling them for purchases please ask them to correct the pricing.

I will not be surprised if they are the correct prices. VDH high end is exorbitant.

Cheers

Hi Guys,
They are the correct prices. These are the silvers. Gobble u are lucky the platinum cable is not listed!!!!!!!!! U and your chair would have gone for a major toss!!Hahaha

If in doubt check the pricelist on the VDH website(mentioned in Euros) and add the usual 30 % mark up and u will have these prices. Take note of the fact that prices are generally mentioned for the smallest available length ( 0.6M) and the ones that Sumaria is listing are 1M and 1.5M. I now feel like a fool selling of all the VDH cables(some on our forum too) at the prices i did in the last few years.
Rgds

Last edited:
Wow...

Would like to see the equipment if the cables themselves are so expensive. Guess the equipment and cables combo would cost as much as a yacht. Truly mind boggling...

Hi Guys,
They are the correct prices. These are the silvers. Gobble u are lucky the platinum cable is not listed!!!!!!!!! U and your chair would have gone for a major toss!!Hahaha

If in doubt check the pricelist on the VDH website(mentioned in Euros) and add the usual 30 % mark up and u will have these prices. Take note of the fact that prices are generally mentioned for the smallest available length ( 0.6M) and the ones that Sumaria is listing are 1M and 1.5M. I now feel like a fool selling of all the VDH cables(some on our forum too) at the prices i did in the last few years.
Rgds

Uuh ... Uuuuh (Faint!)

Audio Products India
Horrible dealer, first sent me bamboo a5's which overheated. Does not return phone calls will never even answer your call. after 100 phone calls and an equal number of messages i could get through to him. I paid 25k for the bamboo version he replaced it with black saying bamboo is not in stock and does not want to even give me the 4k extra i paid as credit. I regret going through him shoudlve just gone through baazee.com

Buyers beware if you want audio engine products bazee is a much a better bet. Please do not give this horrible dealer any more business.

Wow that is shocking, please make sure he refunds the money. Otherwise you can threaten to sue him.

I have actually dealt with him and found him to be quite pleasant, and had no trouble, but this particular incident is shocking.

Audio Products India
Horrible dealer, first sent me bamboo a5's which overheated. Does not return phone calls will never even answer your call. after 100 phone calls and an equal number of messages i could get through to him. I paid 25k for the bamboo version he replaced it with black saying bamboo is not in stock and does not want to even give me the 4k extra i paid as credit. I regret going through him shoudlve just gone through baazee.com

Buyers beware if you want audio engine products bazee is a much a better bet. Please do not give this horrible dealer any more business.

After some repeated sms to APS i think he has agreed to give me store credit for 4k which is not bad, so i would like to tell people to take a chance with this dealer maybe hes just overly busy and i misread it. Now to collect 6k to buy an audioengine a2 ...

@psychotropic are the audioengines a2's worth the money ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back