Audio Rack Shelves?

No Venkatji, that Bicycle inner was a real one! By the way, by any chance did you attempt that Coconut trick(tweak) ?

No, thank you. I have built a solid wooden rack that is heavier than the weight of all my units put together, and sits solidly on the ground. I am, for now, leaving it at that.

Cheers

Venkatcr's solution is the the best approach if the ground is stable as it simulates the infinite mass base. A lot of Isolation tweaks we read are meant for US homes where the floor is made of Wooden Planks hence really prone to vibrations and they do impact the sound. so please do read all these tweaks with that perspective..even someone walking in the other room can be felt!

In india the concrete flooring itself negates that to a large extent ..of course we have a larger impact due to floor reflections but that can be easily cured with a simple rug

A lot of Isolation tweaks we read are meant for US homes where the floor is made of Wooden Planks hence really prone to vibrations and they do impact the sound. so please do read all these tweaks with that perspective..even someone walking in the other room can be felt!

Simply brilliant, ARJ.

Wonder why this simple and truthful point never occurred to me?? Cha !!!

Cheers

Finally i got a shop who sells Dynamat in Kolkata. I bought a sheet of Dynamat Extreme. This Dynamat has aluminum foil coating on one side. I tried it on glass, on MDF and sandwiched between two MDF's. In all applications the difference was marginally better than the original characteristic of MDF or glass.
I tried Dynamat inside the cdp too. It made the highs edgy and sibilant, maybe because of alumunium foil.
I found them to work best on top of cdp. This way cleaned up the highs a little with a little more focus in sound.
Vasu

Venkatcr's solution is the the best approach if the ground is stable as it simulates the infinite mass base. A lot of Isolation tweaks we read are meant for US homes where the floor is made of Wooden Planks hence really prone to vibrations and they do impact the sound. so please do read all these tweaks with that perspective..even someone walking in the other room can be felt!

In india the concrete flooring itself negates that to a large extent ..of course we have a larger impact due to floor reflections but that can be easily cured with a simple rug

Absolutely agree. Hence i have done similar. Solid teak wood rack/put spikes at the bottom/ put a nice rug under for whatever its worth.

Finally i got a shop who sells Dynamat in Kolkata. I bought a sheet of Dynamat Extreme. This Dynamat has aluminum foil coating on one side. I tried it on glass, on MDF and sandwiched between two MDF's. In all applications the difference was marginally better than the original characteristic of MDF or glass.
I tried Dynamat inside the cdp too. It made the highs edgy and sibilant, maybe because of alumunium foil.
I found them to work best on top of cdp. This way cleaned up the highs a little with a little more focus in sound.
Vasu

You opened the cdp and stuck it on the inside?

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back