Audio setup for Kushaq!

yeah ..apparently heavy damping affects it and I was not very sure if it is true since i dont think the weight is that much.
Absolutely, negligible weight increase. It's a fraction of the weight of the soon to be added dsp amp and sub. Dampening additional weight would be even less than a child car seat, if attached. Either way, mileage I presume is the last thing on a person's mind while attempting to better the quality of sound.

IN the Kushaq, too many of the cars features are linked to the HUD hence prefer not messing with that .I would only suggest door damping both the surfaces on the doors. its perhaps the biggest upgrade

yeah ..apparently heavy damping affects it and I was not very sure if it is true since i dont think the weight is that much.
It’s negligible and the isolation from road noise and outside environment is an underrated bonus which everyone forgets to discuss. It’s the best starting point, and imo the first place one should start. Without this part any upgrade with just speakers is mostly pointless.

Guys,

Even though the Audio system in the Kushaq 1.5 is "decent" my "keeda" for a better system is not letting me enjoy it. Boot space not being a luxury here, I do not want to put a subwoofer in the car - just yet & try and replace the existing speakers.

I want to -
1 - Change all speakers. 2 Tweeters & 4 full range
2 - Use coaxial speakers (6.5) in the front doors & bass drivers (6.5 inch) in the rear door. Initial idea, will play with this.

Questions -
1- How do I find the specs of the infotainment system, without opening it up? I have checked with SKoda :) they are as most dealers are - clueless.
2 - Been out of the car audio game for a while, this is my first car system in 7 years or so. Earlier I used to always use Focals, but wanted to check if budget is around 1L - which speakers can I check out, to get a more coherent sound - given the constraints.
3 - I do not want to mess with the wiring etc - that could lead to voiding of warranty - so just changing speakers for now - no equaliser/external amps etc for now.
If you stream from an android phone there are lot of eq apps which can work wonders :)

Guys,

Even though the Audio system in the Kushaq 1.5 is "decent" my "keeda" for a better system is not letting me enjoy it. Boot space not being a luxury here, I do not want to put a subwoofer in the car - just yet & try and replace the existing speakers.
You can of course put a Subwoofer which does not eat space. The monte carlo version has a spare wheel sub, one that goes into the spare wheel, I am not recommending this but its an example on amazon
You also have an option of an Underseat sub

Thanks all - At this point I am trying to not put anything that can void the warranty - so no amplifiers, equalizers, DSP, subwoofers etc. As sadly they all need additional wiring or splicing of some sort.

My best option at present is Focal IS VW 165 for the front as that is a direct replacement for OEM parts & Focal IC VW 165 for the rear doors. Also a bit of padding on the doors. That is the most I can do presently sadly as the car has a 6 year electrical parts warranty and I have been warned very much by our friends at Skoda that anything here, other than a direct replacement with no splicing etc will VOID the warranty if an even happens.

Waiting for my friend to bring these from UK, will install by November and keep you guys posted.

thats practical..I will only get the damping done on my wifes car. no other changes as it already has a sub.

Thanks all - At this point I am trying to not put anything that can void the warranty - so no amplifiers, equalizers, DSP, subwoofers etc. As sadly they all need additional wiring or splicing of some sort.

My best option at present is Focal IS VW 165 for the front as that is a direct replacement for OEM parts & Focal IC VW 165 for the rear doors. Also a bit of padding on the doors. That is the most I can do presently sadly as the car has a 6 year electrical parts warranty and I have been warned very much by our friends at Skoda that anything here, other than a direct replacement with no splicing etc will VOID the warranty if an even happens.

Waiting for my friend to bring these from UK, will install by November and keep you guys posted.
My setup( dsp/Amp and active sub) will not void the warranty as no splicing in involved. Rather, adapters are used which plug into the factory harness.

My setup( dsp/Amp and active sub) will not void the warranty as no splicing in involved. Rather, adapters are used which plug into the factory harness.
only catch is, if you go for a warranty included repair you still need to remove everything from your car. There was a thread in team bhp where skoda mentioned that the after market wiring near the power window motor could have damaged the motor and they denied the warranty which is ridiculous. My brother asked skoda if using adapters is allowed and they said, he won’t be having the warranty on electrical items of the car if any alteration is made from stock. But end of the day, we all take risks to get things right in our way and if it sounds good, it’s worth it

only catch is, if you go for a warranty included repair you still need to remove everything from your car. There was a thread in team bhp where skoda mentioned that the after market wiring near the power window motor could have damaged the motor and they denied the warranty which is ridiculous. My brother asked skoda if using adapters is allowed and they said, he won’t be having the warranty on electrical items of the car if any alteration is made from stock. But end of the day, we all take risks to get things right in our way and if it sounds good, it’s worth it
This is the thread I am referring to: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-...y-issues-ice-blamed-power-window-failure.html Think he got the warranty after some struggle with them at the end though. So I was wrong about the previous post.

Frankly, I am not very happy with the skoda service ( Modi) as I have had issues with them on multiple occasions. I try and get my car attended to by a private garage.
Once out of warranty, it makes sense. But in the case of the post from team bhp you can see that a power window motor costs 16K, which under warranty is a free replacement. No matter how bad their service, it saves lot of money which otherwise we have to pay from our pocket. Imagine all 4 motors goes dead, that costs more than a decent headunit!

Once out of warranty, it makes sense. But in the case of the post from team bhp you can see that a power window motor costs 16K, which under warranty is a free replacement. No matter how bad their service, it saves lot of money which otherwise we have to pay from our pocket. Imagine all 4 motors goes dead, that costs more than a decent headunit!
Sure, but I would rather take an optimistic view and take the odds of something going serious wrong ( all four motors? What's the odds on that:). My concern is accidental damage.

How much did the damping set you back? I am considering the same for my Carens before upgrading the stock speakers.

Damping price varies with the material used and place at which it is done. Also sound quality improvement depends on what kind of sheet is used.
In my car I did double damping with gold 2.2mm. It made a huge difference on just the doors and hatch. That's what I would do for the Kushaq as well

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back