Audio setup for Kushaq!

chander

Guys,

Even though the Audio system in the Kushaq 1.5 is "decent" my "keeda" for a better system is not letting me enjoy it. Boot space not being a luxury here, I do not want to put a subwoofer in the car - just yet & try and replace the existing speakers.

I want to -
1 - Change all speakers. 2 Tweeters & 4 full range
2 - Use coaxial speakers (6.5) in the front doors & bass drivers (6.5 inch) in the rear door. Initial idea, will play with this.

Questions -
1- How do I find the specs of the infotainment system, without opening it up? I have checked with SKoda :) they are as most dealers are - clueless.
2 - Been out of the car audio game for a while, this is my first car system in 7 years or so. Earlier I used to always use Focals, but wanted to check if budget is around 1L - which speakers can I check out, to get a more coherent sound - given the constraints.
3 - I do not want to mess with the wiring etc - that could lead to voiding of warranty - so just changing speakers for now - no equaliser/external amps etc for now.

Even though the Audio system in the Kushaq 1.5 is "decent" my "keeda" for a better system is not letting me enjoy it. Boot space not being a luxury here, I do not want to put a subwoofer in the car - just yet & try and replace the existing speakers.
Was thinking the same a few months back but my budget was much lesser. Settled for ESB Audio entry level components for the front. No changes to wiring, just changed the speakers. When you are changing stock speakers, select speakers with high sensitivity which would be easy to drive by the stock audio system. Steg Leo is an option for stock speaker replacement without adding an amplifier

1 - The car has the following speakers - 2 tweeters, 2 woofers in the front door, 2 full range in the back
2 - I am definitely going for a DSP - :) found a great AudioControl DSP - should be easy to implement between the infotainment unit + the speakers.

Now I am looking for high efficiency -"better" speakers in the same configuration as above.
Looking for woofers in the 6.5 inch size that can go low-er :) without distortion - any ideas?
Any recommendation for 6.5 full range speakers?
Any recommendation for small 1 inch tweeters? As they will go inside the front windshield column. I would love to get EMTs.

I am definitely going for a DSP - :) found a great AudioControl DSP - should be easy to implement between the infotainment unit + the speakers.
Any recommendation for small 1 inch tweeters? As they will go inside the front windshield column. I would love to get EMTs.
You are planning an active setup. Cannot be of much help here, sorry !!

Which DSP from AudioControl ? Are they locally available ?

Guys,

I want to -
1 - Change all speakers. 2 Tweeters & 4 full range
2 - Use coaxial speakers (6.5) in the front doors & bass drivers (6.5 inch) in the rear door. Initial idea, will play with this.

Questions -
1- How do I find the specs of the infotainment system, without opening it up? I have checked with SKoda :) they are as most dealers are - clueless.
2 - Been out of the car audio game for a while, this is my first car system in 7 years or so. Earlier I used to always use Focals, but wanted to check if budget is around 1L - which speakers can I check out, to get a more coherent sound - given the constraints.
3 - I do not want to mess with the wiring etc - that could lead to voiding of warranty - so just changing speakers for now - no equaliser/external amps etc for now.

Go for https://www.soumatrix.com/ speakers.

One of my friends replaced his speakers in his Polo and the quality is just awesome. He was disappointed initially as it required considerable break-in period!

You are planning an active setup. Cannot be of much help here, sorry !!

Which DSP from AudioControl ? Are they locally available ?
Sorry - I am putting a DSP in a passive setup. I couldn't find it locally.

Go for https://www.soumatrix.com/ speakers.

One of my friends replaced his speakers in his Polo and the quality is just awesome. He was disappointed initially as it required considerable break-in period!
These sound fantastic, I believe the current speakers are the same as the superb. So should be easy to get my hands on these.

I have just scheduled a Morel 2.1mm dampening install for Tuesday. Once the interior is stripped I should get an idea on what is in the car ie what the factory stock setup is. Thats when I will take a call on the upgrades. Ideally I would like to keep the stock headunit, upgrade the speakers, add a dsp amp and explore underseat subs as I cannot eat into the boot space. Skoda [ Modi] told me that my setup could not be upgraded to the Canton which is an option offered as a Tech pack upgrade worldwide. Strange. That route would have been the simplest as its a factory 610W amp with 10 speakers and a sub. But it is what it is so I am venturing into uncharted waters, fingers crossed. Does anybody have recommendations on reputed/ reliable installers in Mumbai ?

Also, have any one looked at these kits?
looks nice option. bi-amping will give good results.

Boot space not being a luxury here, I do not want to put a subwoofer in the car
try to put amp under the seats, look for a 6.5 inch or 8 inch sub you can put in spare wheel area. with dayton reference, I didnt feel a need of sub in my Vento..

Sorry - I am putting a DSP in a passive setup. I couldn't find it locally.

These sound fantastic, I believe the current speakers are the same as the superb. So should be easy to get my hands on these.
My wife has a Kushaq Monte Carlo and from the little I listened the biggest difference could be made by damping the doors. It will improve the midrange and Bass far more than a speaker upgrade

I would suggest the Morels as a good speaker upgrade as it has a high sensitivity and will not need a separate amp. Furthermore please make sure you have the same speaker pair in the front and backdoor since in a car they all add up for the sound.

I did the door damping in my car and that was a huge upgrade to the extent that I have held back on a speaker upgrade. unfortunately you cannot upgrade the HU as that would have been a great upgrade as well.

My wife has a Kushaq Monte Carlo and from the little I listened the biggest difference could be made by damping the doors. It will improve the midrange and Bass far more than a speaker upgrade

I would suggest the Morels as a good speaker upgrade as it has a high sensitivity and will not need a separate amp. Furthermore please make sure you have the same speaker pair in the front and backdoor since in a car they all add up for the sound.

I did the door damping in my car and that was a huge upgrade to the extent that I have held back on a speaker upgrade. unfortunately you cannot upgrade the HU as that would have been a great upgrade as well.
I second this, I have dampened my Slavia doors and it significantly improved the sound.

HU change makes a huge difference. I guess any upgrade on the stock, even speaker change can void the warranty. So in that case, why not go all the way?

HU change makes a huge difference. I guess any upgrade on the stock, even speaker change can void the warranty. So in that case, why not go all the way?
IN the Kushaq, too many of the cars features are linked to the HUD hence prefer not messing with that .I would only suggest door damping both the surfaces on the doors. its perhaps the biggest upgrade

I have since ,my last post, completed the dampening under seat/ booth. The doors were already done earlier. The car is quiter now, lower volume needed and midbass accentuated. I am also not messing with the HU. The plan over this weekend is a install of morel virtus component, DSP AMP ( either alpine or nakamichi) and a jbl basspro sparetyre active sub. One thing I didn't expect or budget for is the expenses for the connectors, cables and RTA tuning.

I have since ,my last post, completed the dampening under seat/ booth. The doors were already done earlier. The car is quiter now, lower volume needed and midbass accentuated. I am also not messing with the HU. The plan over this weekend is a install of morel virtus component, DSP AMP ( either alpine or nakamichi) and a jbl basspro sparetyre active sub. One thing I didn't expect or budget for is the expenses for the connectors, cables and RTA tuning.
Great! any impact on mileage after this ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back