Audio Setup for Living Room under 20k

MadAxe

Want to buy audio setup for living room

Budget: 20k

Usage: Mainly for watching movies
Listening to music

Requirements: Clear vocals, brother sometimes does listens to EDM so adequate bass (not overpowering)
Great overall sound quality
No critical listening
Bluetooth connectivity

TV does not have HDMI eArc port, would upgrade it in the future.

TV is wall mounted so tower speakers may not be a good idea?

Do not like the exposed wiring of the surround speakers running along the ceiling. So might not go for 5.1

Found This wireless 5.1 at 24k but not enough reviews to judge it.

So the only option that remains is soundbar with active subwoofer.

Is there much of a difference in sound quality in 2.1, 2.1.2 and 5.1 at this budget?

How much is the loss in sound quality if the subwoofer is wireless?

Also if there are some exceptionally good products slightly above this range, would increase my budget.

Please recommend specific models and do suggest your ideas for the setup.

Hey, the soundbar with a sub would work in your case, however, you won't get a true surround as in the case with 5.1 dedicated channel speakers system and this also requires a larger budget...you can go with a used setup but sadly Classified has been closed here.
A 3.1 setup feels good, I'm gonna sell my POLK OWM3 which is my rear speakers.
A center, two fronts and a sub would be good to go :)

Check this out, its 2.0 only but work for you well..

@bhooshaniyer Has a higher model Edifier for sale around 30k I guess. You can reach out to him for views and possibly pick up the better unit too :)
Thanks fLUX. Yes I have an edifier s2000 mkiii in absolutely great condition for sale in bangalore. Has 13 month warranty left in it. 39k is a new one and I too bought it for 39k. Selling it for 31k.

I also have a gainclone LM3875 based chip amp for sale picked up from fellow forum member. Bought it for 13k,selling it for 12.5k
You can consider this in case you are going with discretes.

There is an excellent opportunity for you. One Wharfedale 220 is up for grabs for 15K. One fx audio m160e integrated amplifier is up for grabs for 6.5K.
Can you please link the thread. Cannot find either in the Classifieds Section. Thanks.
Yes I have an edifier s2000 mkiii in absolutely great condition for sale in bangalore. Has 13 month warranty left in it. 39k is a new one and I too bought it for 39k. Selling it for 31k.
Thanks for the offer.
Sadly my budget is restricted and cannot be increased.

If you are looking for active bookshelves, Sonodyne SRP 201 is a good option for you. MRP is 24k but with discount, should come within your budget.

If you are looking for active bookshelves, Sonodyne SRP 201 is a good option for you. MRP is 24k but with discount, should come within your budget.
It's priced at 42,000 on avstore.in
I doubt there would be that big a difference between online price and street price.

I would recommend the op to go to a store and listen to the speakers. There aren't a lot of good active speakers at this price point and you have already tried one of the best speakers (Edifier 1855DB) available in this range. As you can see, people recommend Edifiers a lot at this range. If you did not like that, then you aren't likely to be satisfied with forum suggestions. Best option is to find stores/friends where you can listen to the speakers and decide what you like.

It's likely that you are either expecting too much or that your expectations are not clear on what you want. Listening to the speakers will help you calibrate your expectations. Sound is subjective and one person might not like what someone else likes.

A 5.1 system at around 20k is really not going to be worth it. The Samsung 5.1 system you've referenced is going to be worthless very soon and it won't produce any decent results.

It sounds like you are in your nascent stage of your audio journey. I'd suggest going for a good 2.1 or 3.1 system with some mid-level bookshelf speakers rather than entry level floor standing speakers. Your TV not having a HDMI eArc port would make it useless for most decent Soundbars on the market. I'd say your best bet is to keep looking out for some used equipment in the classified section or hifi mart.

Looking for active bookshelf speakers.
Budget has come down to 12k now.
Have tried Edifier R1855DB. Did not like them.
Can also look at tower speakers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back