Audio System for Wagon R

adikumar2010

I have 2010 Wagon R Vxi, I have been using stock audio system. I want to buy new complete audio system (4 Speakers + Head Unit + Wiring) for my car. My budget is approx 30k.

These are the things I mainly want:
1) Heavy Bass coz I listen to dubstep, trap, EDM, etc.
2) AUX, Bluetooth, USB connectivity
3) It's bonus if I can get big screen so I can watch videos + use google maps on. But it's not mandatory requirement

PS : I listen to Sony SHAKE-6D at home. I think I can't get that kind of sound in 30k. But I was telling you just to give idea that I need something which is similar to it.

* Also I want to know if I buy online how can I get it installed in the car?
* If I buy from local shop will they give me some discount for exchanging old music system?

Last edited:
Have you gone around and requested for quotes from your local accessories shops? That should give you an idea of the budget you need to have also what brands and models are in stock. You also need to find a trusted installer who will not cut corners.

Why have you not mentioned a Sub when you like bass heavy music? No speaker can produce sound like a sub can. Also I see no mention of an amplifier? Am amplifier will bring out the true potential of the speaker.

I guess you need to rethink your setup and budget. If it was me on a limited budget, I would select a head unit with required features and necessary pre out options. Then think of only changing front speakers, leaving rear speakers stock for now. Add an Amp and a sub. You can look at those under the seat subs with built in amps to save boot space.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Have you gone around and requested for quotes from your local accessories shops? That should give you an idea of the budget you need to have also what brands and models are in stock. You also need to find a trusted installer who will not cut corners.

Why have you not mentioned a Sub when you like bass heavy music? No speaker can produce sound like a sub can. Also I see no mention of an amplifier? Am amplifier will bring out the true potential of the speaker.

I guess you need to rethink your setup and budget. If it was me on a limited budget, I would select a head unit with required features and necessary pre out options. Then think of only changing front speakers, leaving rear speakers stock for now. Add an Amp and a sub. You can look at those under the seat subs with built in amps to save boot space.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@MaSh
Thanks for the reply

I can't spend too much as it's old car and I don't use daily. I know sub-woofer is needed but I was thinking there might be some speakers which can produce decent base.

Maybe if I don't buy sub+amp, then I can get a good system under 30k !!

I don't have much knowledge in car audio about brands and models , that's why came here so someone can suggest me exact model/company I should buy.

I tried doing research myself but it's very confusing.

Last edited:
my suggestion, if you want fast, accurate bass, invest your entire 30K into a quality sub + amp combo. If you start changing head unit, speakers etc, then the money left over will be enough only for a cheap bass tube, which will give loose, boomy bass which works for dubstep and hip hop. if you are okay with slow but loud bass, then you can proceed with your current plan

my suggestion, if you want fast, accurate bass, invest your entire 30K into a quality sub + amp combo. If you start changing head unit, speakers etc, then the money left over will be enough only for a cheap bass tube, which will give loose, boomy bass which works for dubstep and hip hop. if you are okay with slow but loud bass, then you can proceed with your current plan

Can you please suggest me model/brand for all the equipments? I can't spend more then 30k.

I think Head unit will itself cost 10k-13k which has touchscreen, bluetooth, can play videos, etc.

1) Heavy Bass coz I listen to dubstep, trap, EDM, etc.
As per your budget try this
head unit(single din for keeping the budget,pio,sony)4-6k +4 channel amp(jbl)8K+front component(polk,jbl,dls,etc)8k+sub with enlosure around 8k+wiring 2k+damping 3k must
if budget is too tight drop sub add it month or two later

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back