Audio - Technica AT-PL50 Fully-automatic Stereo Turntable System

Usually these sort of players are targetted to convert vinyl to mp3 through USB on a one time basis and not for regular listening. Also the cartridge that comes with is of very average quality. I will not recommend if you want to use this player for regular listening.

Cheers!

If you're looking for a very basic turntable, this may suffice. However, you cannot change the needle/cartridge on this model. So no upgrades possible for the future.
If you're looking for a long-term, high-quality solution, search for a used Technics direct-drive (SL 1200 or some such model), or the AudioTechnica PL 250 which is a decent turntable for the price (around Rs.10-15000 from Amazon). Getting a good, used turntable from companies like Technics, Kenwood, Thorens, may turn out to be an equally cheap alternative but one that will give you much better sound quality.

Last edited:
hi, when i was in the US recently, i bought a Stanton T.60 turntable which comes with a Stanton DJ 400 v3 cartridge. Yes, i had to buy a Phono Pre-amp seperately, but the sound is great. The table looks good and descently heavy (not as heavy as Technics 1200 though). You should probably look for these type of turntables (cost around Rs. 8000) with pitch control, strobe, replaceable cartridge etc., Just my thought. good luck

rgds swami

hi, if your budget is about 5-7k, you will get very good preowned mid-level TTs in India. You just have to spread the word in the right places.

You could get Technics 1510 etc for this price. You would just need to add a good needle to it (Shure M97xE) for about 5k and you're set with a very very decent tt.

Or you could get belt drive ones for about 5-6k with a needle. Akai, Sony etc. These were very good too. But not quite as good as the Technics.

If you want to buy a new one try the enry level Pro-ject. I think its called the genie and in Mumbai and Bangalore, I believe, it can be bought for about 12-14k. It comes with a fairly decent cart.

Hope this helps.

hi, if your budget is about 5-7k, you will get very good preowned mid-level TTs in India. You just have to spread the word in the right places.

You could get Technics 1510 etc for this price. You would just need to add a good needle to it (Shure M97xE) for about 5k and you're set with a very very decent tt.

Or you could get belt drive ones for about 5-6k with a needle. Akai, Sony etc. These were very good too. But not quite as good as the Technics.

If you want to buy a new one try the enry level Pro-ject. I think its called the genie and in Mumbai and Bangalore, I believe, it can be bought for about 12-14k. It comes with a fairly decent cart.

Hope this helps.

would any of you know anyone in delhi to help with repair of a sony ps4300. there seems an issue with the damper. would be much obliged.

would any of you know anyone in delhi to help with repair of a sony ps4300. there seems an issue with the damper. would be much obliged.

Its been quite a while since I lived in Delhi, but I think there's a Rhythm house or something like that right above Berco's in CP (outer circle). They used to repair it. and i think they still do.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back