Audio Technica CN5625AL Cartridge @ Bargain Prices

frend2001

Hi Friends,

After Long waiting ( one month ) i finally received the Audio Technica CN5625AL Cartridge...

It took just 5-10 mins to mount it to my Sony PS 11 TT, the cartridge body is made of metal ( steel i guess ) ...

Initial Impression: I played Lalita Sahasranamam by M.S.Subbalakshmi, Kishore Kumar 10 Years Hits, 1942 a love story, Jagjit sing and chitra ghazal, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Sufiyana

the first thing i noticed is that after the needle slowly drops on the record, there is dead silence i thought i did not turn on the Phono stage

both the channels are more balanced ( not sure how to describe this, what i mean is when there is only voice , both the bar graph on the amp raises to equal level) as a result the singer seems to be singing from center.

Instruments ilke Guitar sounding very fine and natural and melodious.

It is definitely doing its job more than my expectation for the price i paid 1500/-

Regards,

Tanoj

I've just received mine too....

Still has to be mounted though.

Thanks Tanoj for your review.

I saw that they've hiked the price back to 2800/- :(

Hi Friends,

After Long waiting ( one month ) i finally received the Audio Technica CN5625AL Cartridge...

It took just 5-10 mins to mount it to my Sony PS 11 TT, the cartridge body is made of metal ( steel i guess ) ...

Initial Impression: I played Lalita Sahasranamam by M.S.Subbalakshmi, Kishore Kumar 10 Years Hits, 1942 a love story, Jagjit sing and chitra ghazal, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Sufiyana

the first thing i noticed is that after the needle slowly drops on the record, there is dead silence i thought i did not turn on the Phono stage

both the channels are more balanced ( not sure how to describe this, what i mean is when there is only voice , both the bar graph on the amp raises to equal level) as a result the singer seems to be singing from center.

Instruments ilke Guitar sounding very fine and natural and melodious.

It is definitely doing its job more than my expectation for the price i paid 1500/-

Regards,

Tanoj

I got this too from grabmore...also mounted on Sony TT. You have described the sound to a tee...great sounding cart...price has doubled since I bought it...should have bought an extra.

Congrats plasmoid,

Would like to catchup with you and other vinyl lovers over a listening session, on weekend

Anyone interested may join, we can get together like a small meetup

Regards

Tanoj

I am playing my TT with CN5625AL for nearly 60 hours in total now. It is a real VFM for its price 1800 for me. I have compared it with AT95E and so is the above opinion.

Congrats plasmoid,

Would like to catchup with you and other vinyl lovers over a listening session, on weekend

Anyone interested may join, we can get together like a small meetup

Regards

Tanoj

Sure man...lemme know where and when

I am playing my TT with CN5625AL for nearly 60 hours in total now. It is a real VFM for its price 1800 for me. I have compared it with AT95E and so is the above opinion.

Sumanta, so I hope the next time I recommend the CN5625 to a newbie, I will have your support;)

I recall the hard time i had convincing you that it was good enough :D

Sumanta, so I hope the next time I recommend the CN5625 to a newbie, I will have your support;)

I recall the hard time i had convincing you that it was good enough :D

Anytime friend, anytime.

At95E is idle from the day it is purchased. I played it once only. In-fact can sell it to someone at buying price to save her/his waiting time.

AT95E is quite good, but is not required for my level of expectations out of a stylus/cartridge at this moment. The difference in price compared to the difference in output (although measured qualitatively only) is blocking my music need at present.

Love for music is not more than love for hi fidelity - for me.

Anytime friend, anytime.

At95E is idle from the day it is purchased. I played it once only. In-fact can sell it to someone at buying price to save her/his waiting time.

Sumanta,
all carts require some break in time to perform. Kindly Pm your price if you are looking for sell AT95e. One of my friend is looking for a budget cart.

Regards
Sachin

Sumanta,
all carts require some break in time to perform. Kindly Pm your price if you are looking for sell AT95e. One of my friend is looking for a budget cart.

Regards
Sachin

To answer Sachu888 and others:
SORRY!
Seeing the prices now, the pain (time) I spent in waiting, and since I already have it ready for listening, I will keep AT95e and will use it.

I was talking to Ashish of Gurgaon just now, and realized, if CN5625al is costing 2800, then At95e makes sense in its price performance too, now (for me).
And I already had spent the money in buying it.

Let's enjoy music!:clapping:

Sorry to all for the trouble I made by changing my mind.

Grabmore delivery is just horrible...Its been more than a month for me...and nothing in sight..Except their regret mail stating its held in Chennai customs. :mad:

Sorry to Hear that,

I got my cart via Grabmore, although it took time, i contacted their support and a week later i received it

Regards,

Tanoj

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back