AT 90CD magnetic cart

Its a nice one but the only issue with it is that its a P-mount cart. Hence you'd have to use the 1/2 inch adapter with it for standard mount headshells (something which I completely dislike, personally)

Its a nice one but the only issue with it is that its a P-mount cart. Hence you'd have to use the 1/2 inch adapter with it for standard mount headshells (something which I completely dislike, personally)

That is true. I should have mentioned that, however, the standard adapter comes along with the cartridge.:)

That is true. I should have mentioned that, however, the standard adapter comes along with the cartridge.:)

In addition you may have to re-align the tone-arm height as the adapter tends to increase the overall size of the cart. This is more the case with the Audio Technics P-mount carts, when mounted on a standard mount headshell using the adapter.

In addition you may have to re-align the tone-arm height as the adapter tends to increase the overall size of the cart. This is more the case with the Audio Technics P-mount carts, when mounted on a standard mount headshell using the adapter.

Does it mean that its not a good option for turntables which do not have a tone arm height adjustment?

Does it mean that its not a good option for turntables which do not have a tone arm height adjustment?

possibly yes, I tried the AT90CD with adapter on my dads old Garrard SP25 and the height was an issue. Did not want to meddle with the Garrard tonearm so just un-mounted the cart and reverted back to the original Shure M75-6.

on my technics, yes, I had to adjust the height as the bottom or the cart was engaging (rubbing) with the surface of warped records.

Good to know Tanoj, however, the above discussion had diverted to Shure M92 & not AT 92:).

Regards,
Saket

Yes, but the same logic is applicable for all p-mount cart adapters. I would say, you are lucky Tanoj. In usual cases, calibration is required. On another note, what is the aprox clearance between the rear bottom end of the cart and the record?

Hi all,

Not to hijack this thread, another cart from AT stable that is value for money is AT-95 MM Cart. At a price of about $50 it is a steal. I have used it in my setup and was very happy. But later upgraded to a different cartridge.

N.Murali

Just got a AT-95E Cart. great sound, much better than the AT-90 (P mount) & AT-91 (1/2"). I prefer 1/2" mount as it can be adjusted.

, what is the aprox clearance between the rear bottom end of the cart and the record?

I must admit that the ground clearance of this cart may be less than 1 MM or so , i initially thought is it touching the record, but its not

I must say i like it that way :licklips:

Tanoj

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back