Room #1&2, Mahesh Chambers,
Building #391 Narsi Natha Street,
Katha Bazar Mumbai - 400009 INDIA
Tel: 66359109 / 66359976
Siddharth Bhatia - Tel: 9821516338
Amandeep Singh - Tel: 9324233508
[email protected]
-----
they ship to bangalore (or bengaluru!). bajao.com also has some offers.

APS gives free shipping, if you request.

Disclaimer - I have no commercial interest in Audioengine!

I had recently gifted a pair of A2's to a dear friend (bought on this forum) - they were indeed delightful!

Disclaimer - I have no commercial interest in Audioengine!

I had recently gifted a pair of A2's to a dear friend (bought on this forum) - they were indeed delightful![/QUOTE]
Thats quite a comment.
Jambumali, how would you rate the A2's agnst Altec Lansing ( forget the exact model ) in a similar price range?
I checked up in Nehru Place(where all the action re computer/peripherals takes place) in N Delhi & they had'nt even heard of Audioengines.

they were indeed delightful![/QUOTE]
Thats quite a comment.
Jambumali, how would you rate the A2's agnst Altec Lansing ( forget the exact model ) in a similar price range?
I checked up in Nehru Place(where all the action re computer/peripherals takes place) in N Delhi & they had'nt even heard of Audioengines.

I stick to my comment. Not surprised that nehru place is not stocking this stuff. I have been there few times, but mainly for pc related stuff. Audioengines are not exactly positioned as computer peripherals, more as powered speakers for ipod & other mp3 players.

For the budget they are worth the money. I liked A2s better than the docks I have listened to from AltecLansing, Klipsh, Bose, JBL. VFM quotient is far better. But beware - while the A2s are portable - they come as separate speakers unlike say, Klipsh which comes as a single unit with an ipod dock in the center. The finish on the A2 is far better than the Klipsh.

A2 has 2 inputs - composite stereo & RCA. And has a separate power supply like a regular external dvd/hard drive casing. But still is portable enough. We could comfortably pack it (in drawstring bags supplied with the unit) and carry them.

Pl. note that the regular ipod sound docks will give you added flexibility in terms of using batteries as a power source which A2s will not. So, consider all the pros & cons.

If the speakers will remain stationary or, will be used in a place where AC supply is available, without hesitation go for the A2s. The bass is unbelievable for the diminutive size. If you feel the thump is too much, you can always tweak the eq. settings. With an ipod, the vol knob needs to go to 3'O Clock position to get great sound. We had also tried Creative Zen (my player), which needed to go to 9'O Clock position to give the same sound level.

I have given you a roundabout reply - so in a single statement -
Will I buy them for myself in the future - definitely yes !!(though I will go for white finish! the ones I gifted were black gloss).

Thanks for the prompt & detailed response.
I need to listen to them myself now.
Would you know of any owner in Delhi who would be willing to allow me a small audition?

Will do, thanks.

Don't !

I bought the pair from Kaval.

While what he wrote about the state of the product in the "For sale" post was true, my friend is yet to get the original receipt even though I have requested him by mail a number of times, for plausible future warranty issues.

In case you have decided on the purchase - the contact of official reseller is:
------
APS
Room #1&2, Mahesh Chambers,
Building #391 Narsi Natha Street,
Katha Bazar Mumbai - 400009 INDIA
Tel: 66359109 / 66359976
Siddharth Bhatia - Tel: 9821516338
Amandeep Singh - Tel: 9324233508
[email protected]
-----
they ship to bangalore (or bengaluru!). bajao.com also has some offers.

APS gives free shipping, if you request.

Jambumali,

Am not sure if you would be checking the forums regularly but in case you are - I need a small help from you!

Was wondering if you could shed any light on the Audioengine AW1 Wireless Audio Adapter (8k). I'm considering one for streaming music wirelessly from my notebook to the receiver and amp. I believe the AW1 streams 2channel/stereo music. Please correct me if am wrong here.

I'm also considering the Airport Express (5k) from Apple for the same purpose but am holding back due to its dependency on iTunes and the need to buy extra software like Airfoil.

Appreciate any comments on the same from anyone who uses/seen one.

Thanks!

unleash_me, hopefully i can help you here.
There are several other things to consider here.
1. The adaptor has one serious hassle for me. If the source is a laptop then you can power the source adaptor through USB and if the destination is their own subwoofer then it can be powered by that. Otherwise, both the source and destination needs to be connected to a power outlet. So,in short, its not like I can transmit my ipod easily. As I would have to tie the ipod + source to an a/c outlet. But it does give the flexibility of transmitting any audio source.
2. For the cost, they should have told whats the DAC they have on the destination. This is not mentioned at all. So, I don't think its a great one, though should work if you are not playing it on your home stereo on some computer speakers or even Audioengine.
3. Apple on the other hand though doesnt mention what DAC it uses. But, I have one and can say that it does pretty good sound. But the best part is the optical out. You can connect to a better DAC making it a possible option for your home stereo as well. This is what I am going to do now.
4. Apple is a wifi router first. So, you get that which is an added bonus if you don't have one. I am not facing any issues till now with my apple till now.

I am using the Airport Express and its dependency on ITunes is very frustrating. ITunes is not one of the best players around and does not support all formats and leaves you with no other option but to convert music into some format that apple understands (flac not being one of them).

Got the Airfoil sometime back. Severe problems with sync issues with WMP, VLC and Sony software. You can forget watching movies. Yes, there is a sync option by delaying the audio et all, but its a real pain using it (try a lip reading course first...;) But this is not a problem if you are just going to use it for music.

Don't know about the other player, but I guess a good wireless music streamer should have a software driver that reads data from the sound-card itself (using hooks or whatever) so it would not matter which player is playing it and then stream it to the wireless device.

Hope this helps..

Jambumali,

Was wondering if you could shed any light on the Audioengine AW1 Wireless Audio Adapter (8k). I'm considering one for streaming music wirelessly from my notebook to the receiver and amp. I believe the AW1 streams 2channel/stereo music. Please correct me if am wrong here.

Appreciate any comments on the same from anyone who uses/seen one.

Thanks!

I have not personally seen/used one.

Pl. check the audioholics link & few other links:

(1) 2007 Consumer Excellence Award Winners — Reviews and News from Audioholics

(2)GoodSound! Equipment Review -- Audioengine AW1 Wireless Audio Adapter (4/2008)

(3)Audioengine W1 Wireless Audio Adapter

(4) Tech2.com India > Audioengine AW1 Wireless Adapter > Reviews > PCs & Laptops > WiFi

(5) Bitstream: Get Your House Party In Sync with Audioengine's AW1

Gopi, Saikat and Jambumali...

Thanks a lot for chippin in. Let me do some good homework now and see if this is good for me. At last, will try to get to see it working by myself:cool: for the final confirmation!

Best Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back