Audiolab 6000a or Marantz PM8006

Integration with Hometheatre

• Total voters
what is amplifier warmth ?
Good old days, amplifiers used to heat up a lot. My dad says how he used to toast bread on them and warm his hands in winter.
I believe it's an elusive trait now. It trawled many pages in ASR, found no mention of toast. There was some mention of smoothness. Maybe something to do with single malt.

Off-topic.
Anyone knows what happened with the recent price hike of pm8006? I was planning to get it couple of weeks back. Today I noticed its price almost doubled on hifimart. Other amp n avrs also looked much costlier than few weeks back. Sigh. Have to keep my pma600ne for now it seems.
OMG
It's a shocking jump. It was retailing for 85K last month. Last year I got mine for 90K.
Maybe new stock is coming with new price. Call up Anil. He can sweeten the deal.
Almost everything is shockingly expensive. Either something to do with chip shortage, international logistics issues or Marantz distributors are stopping him from displaying/ offering discounted prices.

Last edited:
OMG
It's a shocking jump. It was retailing for 85K last month. Last year I got mine for 90K.
Maybe new stock is coming with new price. Call up Anil. He can sweeten the deal.
Almost everything is shockingly expensive. Either something to do with chip shortage, international logistics issues or Marantz distributors are stopping him from displaying/ offering discounted prices.
Lucky I got mine last year ☺️.

Off-topic.
Anyone knows what happened with the recent price hike of pm8006? I was planning to get it couple of weeks back. Today I noticed its price almost doubled on hifimart. Other amp n avrs also looked much costlier than few weeks back. Sigh. Have to keep my pma600ne for now it seems.
I think the union budget happened, lol. I remember there being a specific mention of 'audio equipment', it is as if they know what we want and then....:p

I think the union budget happened, lol. I remember there being a specific mention of 'audio equipment', it is as if they know what we want and then....:p
There was surely a mention of speakers and mics. But these have not gone up. Maybe till stocks last :confused:

There was surely a mention of speakers and mics. But these have not gone up. Maybe till stocks last :confused:
Yes, new stock is sure to be dearer. Given how the pricing has already been and now this, looks like I will just have to stay with what I have for the near future. Prohibitively expensive this hobby now.

OT : All audio things are getting expensive.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/jamaluddin-vinyl-seller-kolkata.24481/page-5#post-777087
Audio CDs are on same path. It is not a good feeling if someone sees me as desperate person and is taking advantage, better to not have them than have them. So I merrily let go things.
Yes, new stock is sure to be dearer. Given how the pricing has already been and now this, looks like I will just have to stay with what I have for the near future. Prohibitively expensive this hobby now.
I understand nice products costs money, but 60,000/- more for 'same' product is definitely a no no. I think duties are same but supply is low and demand high so companies are taking advantage. Anyway it was nice nifty amplifier. If one is upgrading one can spend money on speakers. Which in my personal opinion are more important.
Regards

Off-topic.

Maybe the sudden love for the IA made the pricd surge. :p
Speak with Mr. Anil, yesterday I did saw it back on 85k.

Countrywise price variance is confusing. I guess Hifimart will give proper answer.
regards

A little off topic may be.
Recently bought a Marantz PM 17 from 1997-2000 and pleasantly surprised.
I have not heard Marantz PM8006 so cant compare. But I used to have a Yamaha AS1000 which was a very good amplifier which sits in the same or higher range of Marantz PM8006. The PM 17 is an even better amplifier in my setup than Yamaha AS1000 from my initial impressions.

I understand nice products costs money, but 60,000/- more for 'same' product is definitely a no no. I think duties are same but supply is low and demand high so companies are taking advantage. Anyway it was nice nifty amplifier. If one is upgrading one can spend money on speakers. Which in my personal opinion are more important.
Oh I could not agree with you more on the price factor, that kind of markup on the same product is just insane. I do not see any logic or reasoning to go ahead after that price hike.

Looking at the price increase ,I changed my vote to keep the existing gear. As consumers, it is high time we teach the companies some lesson by reducing purchases of new gear. I feel that this crazy price increase is pure greed.

If the price jump is true, it is very high. 10-15% is justifiable. 66% is obscene.

Cheers,
Raghu

I don't think there is steep price hike as per hifmart pricing below [ 85,000 ] and would cost less on billing

I don't think there is steep price hike as per hifmart pricing below [ 85,000 ] and would cost less on billing

It was showing 1.45 L, iirc yesterday.

PM7000N still shows ridiculously high price compared to what was there last month. Something wrong with the prices in HFM.

Not sure how these prices fluctuate. The price for QAcoustics M20 HD has gone down by almost 10k on HiFiMart. I assumed this was a popular product.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back