Audiolab 6000a or Marantz PM8006

Integration with Hometheatre

• Total voters

This is the next IA from Marantz [ almost identical to Model 30, with streaming ]

Will there be anything like PM 8006 with Streaming ?? [ Fingers crossed ]

this doesn't seem like a replacement for Model 30 . Its only 70W per channel and is of Class A/B design . The price could be because of added Streaming features . This is the new Marantz Design and future models may look this way .

there are ways to make it work with certain subwoofers. In my case, I was using a Rel subwoofer connected to the PM8006’s speaker B terminals. Rel subs sound their best when they get a full range signal from speaker terminals instead of a subwoofer output. Crossovers and volume were set manually on the subwoofer.

The above response is from another thread, to a request raised for using a Sub with Marantz PM 8006

Have anyone used this setup and how good are they ?

TIA

Guess who has arrived, after a long wait, finally!!!

20220310_174946 (1)_copy_900x1347.jpg

First impressions of the Audiolab 6000a,

Brilliant! Found it better than Marantz PM8006, neutral, punchy, mids are awesome loads of detail. Instrument separation is marvelous bigger soundstage, I can hear some instruments which I did not hear before be it on Marantz or the NAD 165BEE with O&B.

Integrated mode works as it is supposed to,
Pre mode - turns on Pre out, can be connected to external power amp.
Pre power - uses Audiolab 6000a as power amp and no volume control, this is a plus for HT users.

Using Trigger out now, Denon turns on the Audiolab too. I guess it directly goes to pre power mode. Need to check this.

All my requirements gets fulfilled by this one unit,
- Can be used as Pre Amp
- Integrated Amplifier
- Power amplifier with HT bypass for AVR.

Huge kudos to Hifimart and Mr.Anil, orderd at 1pm today and delivered by 5.30 pm
Faster than Amazon Prime Delivery!!!

Last edited:
Guess who has arrived, after a long wait fit it finally.

View attachment 67873

Brilliant! Found it better than Marantz PM8006, neutral, punchy, mids are awesome loads of detail. Instrument separation is marvelous bigger soundstage, I can hear some instruments which I did not hear before be it on Marantz or the NAD 165BEE with O&B.

Pre power - uses Audiolab 6000a as power amp and no volume control, this is a plus for HT users.

Using Trigger out now, Denon turns on the Audiolab too. I guess it directly goes to pre power mode. Need to check this.

- Can be used as Pre Amp
- Integrated Amplifier

Huge kudos to Hifimart and Mr.Anil, orderd at 1pm today and delivered by 5.30 pm
Congratulations, it have a great inbuilt DAC.

If you connect pre-out of AVR to Audiolab, please give reviews about power output from Audiolab.

Congratulations, it have a great inbuilt DAC.

If you connect pre-out of AVR to Audiolab, please give reviews about power output from Audiolab.

Yup, it has but already got the SMSL SU9 DAC.

AVR fronts are connected to Audiolab, it has enough power to call my neighbors, 50w is just a number!
Yet to compare it to my previous power amp but so far liking it alot.

In depth views will come in few weeks after burn in.

Yup, it has but already got the SMSL SU9 DAC.

AVR fronts are connected to Audiolab, it has enough power to call my neighbors, 50w is just a number!
Yet to compare it to my previous power amp but so far liking it alot.

In depth views will come in few weeks after burn in.
Congratulations, are you going to integrate subs with this? If so how? I am streaming thru avr to audiolab 6000a with avr controlling subs. It sounds good compared to high pass connectivity from audiolab directly to sub.

Guess who has arrived, after a long wait, finally!!!

View attachment 67873

- Can be used as Pre Amp
- Integrated Amplifier

Congratulations. It’s an awesome amp. Please try the integrated digital filters too.

Congratulations, are you going to integrate subs with this? If so how? I am streaming thru avr to audiolab 6000a with avr controlling subs. It sounds good compared to high pass connectivity from audiolab directly to sub.

Thank you.
I don't use subs for 2ch / music listening, QA3050i have plenty of bass for me. It is also connected to AVR, so can get subs to play using Denon if I need or show off bass :p

Congratulations. It’s an awesome amp. Please try the integrated digital filters too.
Thank you, digital filters will work only through Digital inputs right? nothing if I use analog.

Thank you.
I don't use subs for 2ch / music listening, QA3050i have plenty of bass for me. It is also connected to AVR, so can get subs to play using Denon if I need or show off bass :p

Thank you, digital filters will work only through Digital inputs right? nothing if I use analog.
It will work with analogue too I believe. You can give it a try.

It will work with analogue too I believe. You can give it a try.

Yes it works, will give a listening with default first than move on to playing with things.

My unit comes latest firmware 0.32 it has these things too, which are not part of manual. Guess it works only for Digital Input 2.

PLL (DPLL) setting added for DG2 and OPT2, NORMAL and WIDE
Set PLL to WIDE when connected to source with high levels of Jitter to avoid audio break up

You just compare SMSL DAC with inbuilt DAC, sure you will like it.

Tried it today, good 2-3 hours listening session with same back to back songs, once with SMSL SU9 and then with Audiolab 6000a inbuilt DAC through S/PIDIF.

The DAC on the Audiolab is brilliant, no need of getting a DAC and one can get away with this. I wish it had USB inputs and go slightly higher resolution (192khz is highest and enough)

But SMSL SU9 has slightly higher edge, more authority and control on the bass, and slightly more detail revealing.

If I didn't have the SU9 wouldn't have missed a external DAC, inbuilt DAC of Audiolab is very very good. Though I didn't compare 1 on 1 with D50s, it is slightly better than the topping D50s, will ask my friend to get that DAC and then compare.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back