audiophile jokes

neLxuSM.jpg

Here is a real joke between me and wife after we shifted from Bangalore to Thrissur:

Wife: Either all the Panasonic TV, KEF speakers and Amplifier card boards and plastic packaging go or I go!!!

Me: Had a hard time deciding!

(Hope wifey does not read this!!!)

My parents have moved in with me at My house in Chennai (I'm still single)
My room is stacked with old cassette decks and other equipment (should be around 10-20)
Every time I bring in something new, They threaten to move out. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did :D

Just imagine, I had my chance and missed it.

All my card boards intact and a chance for a new wife, or even better a new girlfriend ! :)

<sinister tone>
Meet me tonight with a new Oppo 103 behind the old bus stand...or else...I'll make sure she reads it...mwahahahahahaha :eek:hyeah:
</sinister tone>

Mere liye bhi kuch mang le....:D

Especially liked the html tags for tones!

Very recently I submitted my income papers for a High Value top up loan. Seeing the loan amount and property value etc. etc., The vice president marketing of the bank (It is one of the Top foreign banks in India) had visited my house and he was really puzzled and was staring at all the speakers in my HT set up and some of the amps (really not some Many) lying on each corner of the room through out the Discussions.

Once we were done with the discussions I just asked him "hey I think that you really want to know what is all this" he curiously admitted with big "YES". So I had explained him about our hobby and collections and I played him movies. Then I took him to my Stereo Set up and showed him the B&W 802s and JC1 powers etc., and played couple of songs.

He was totally amazed with the Movie and Song presentations. Finally he asked me one question with serious intention of helping me to improvise the package.

"Sir you are ready to spend so much for your hobby and why don't you spend little more and settle down with BOSE"

I was like no words to express :mad::mad::sad::( and till the last I did not reveal him the actual cost involved in this set up.

Hahahaha! You should have told him .. "But sir ,,, thats exactly why I need this loan!!" ;) :lol:

G0bble

Very recently I submitted my income papers for a High Value top up loan. Seeing the loan amount and property value etc. etc., The vice president marketing of the bank (It is one of the Top foreign banks in India) had visited my house and he was really puzzled and was staring at all the speakers in my HT set up and some of the amps (really not some Many) lying on each corner of the room through out the Discussions.

Once we were done with the discussions I just asked him "hey I think that you really want to know what is all this" he curiously admitted with big "YES". So I had explained him about our hobby and collections and I played him movies. Then I took him to my Stereo Set up and showed him the B&W 802s and JC1 powers etc., and played couple of songs.

He was totally amazed with the Movie and Song presentations. Finally he asked me one question with serious intention of helping me to improvise the package.

"Sir you are ready to spend so much for your hobby and why don't you spend little more and settle down with BOSE"

I was like no words to express :mad::mad::sad::( and till the last I did not reveal him the actual cost involved in this set up.

I am sure that person never listened to a BOSE HT before . That is the the popularity/brand value of it , the only reference system for many yo upgrade from mass-market stuff .

I am sure that person never listened to a BOSE HT before . That is the the popularity/brand value of it , the only reference system for many yo upgrade from mass-market stuff .

I am sure even if he listens side by side he will identify hardly any difference instead he will say bose is superior cause it brings out loud sound in small form factor.

This is what I call as concept selling than product selling in our Industrial equipment business. Once you sold the concept it comes / strikes in mind as soon as there is a need, where as no one remembers the product.

R. Balagopalan.

Hahahaha! You should have told him .. "But sir ,,, thats exactly why I need this loan!!" ;) :lol:

G0bble

Good one, would have put him on top of the world to have won the customer with appropriate need as Top Up Loans are sanctioned with no necessity to explain the use of funds.

R. Balagopalan

I suspect that the guy was in luck. If he was not entitled to pass your loan, I doubt if he have had left alive.

You are absolutely right, but before killing I would have ate his head explaining what is stereo, what is HT setup, pre, proc., power, calibration, acoustics, staging, layering, octave, cables, power conditioning, stabilizing, etc., etc., (by then he should be dead).

Cheers

R. Balagopalan.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back