audiophile jokes

:confused:

You never washed your records in the kitchen sink? I suppose you never spilt your dinner over one either ;)

This guy needs to discover microfibre, that's all.

Husband: Last night I was sitting in the living room, talking to wife about life..
In-between, we talked about the idea of living or dying.
i told her : Never let me live in a vegetative state, totally dependent on machines and liquids from a bottle. If you see me in that state I want you to disconnect all the contraptions that are keeping me alive, I'd much rather die'.
My wife got up from the sofa with this real look of admiration
towards me & proceeded to disconnect the Cable tv, & DVD, then the Computer, the Cell Phone, the iPod, and the Xbox, and then went to the bar and threw away all my whisky, rum, gin, vodka & the beer from the fridge...
I ALMOST DIED!!
Moral :
Think about what you talk, The female brain works on a different wavelength from the male's

Husband: Last night I was sitting in the living room, talking to wife about life..
In-between, we talked about the idea of living or dying.
i told her : Never let me live in a vegetative state, totally dependent on machines and liquids from a bottle. If you see me in that state I want you to disconnect all the contraptions that are keeping me alive, I'd much rather die'.
My wife got up from the sofa with this real look of admiration
towards me & proceeded to disconnect the Cable tv, & DVD, then the Computer, the Cell Phone, the iPod, and the Xbox, and then went to the bar and threw away all my whisky, rum, gin, vodka & the beer from the fridge...
I ALMOST DIED!!
Moral :
Think about what you talk, The female brain works on a different wavelength from the male's

Good one, Hemant! :lol:

Very recently I submitted my income papers for a High Value top up loan. Seeing the loan amount and property value etc. etc., The vice president marketing of the bank (It is one of the Top foreign banks in India) had visited my house and he was really puzzled and was staring at all the speakers in my HT set up and some of the amps (really not some Many) lying on each corner of the room through out the Discussions.

Once we were done with the discussions I just asked him "hey I think that you really want to know what is all this" he curiously admitted with big "YES". So I had explained him about our hobby and collections and I played him movies. Then I took him to my Stereo Set up and showed him the B&W 802s and JC1 powers etc., and played couple of songs.

He was totally amazed with the Movie and Song presentations. Finally he asked me one question with serious intention of helping me to improvise the package.

"Sir you are ready to spend so much for your hobby and why don't you spend little more and settle down with BOSE"

I was like no words to express :mad::mad::sad::( and till the last I did not reveal him the actual cost involved in this set up.

Seriously ... when I started reading this I knew somewhere BOSE is coming .. :lol:

So many times we hear this and God! Do we have any reply to that? So many things come in the mind to say but we prefer to stay silent!

95zle1.jpg

Whilst I love the high-tech "Sirius" (really sirius) turntable, I'd spend my turntable-thousands (if I had any, which I don't) on the machine that uses lasers instead of a stylus.

And that one is no joke: it really does exist

Audiophile ear

f8b922c7e6a1b2c04510ee2731cd03eb.jpg

During WW1 and before the common use of radar, these kind of ear cups and still larger cups were used to hear aircrafts. These are based on Acoustic Mirror's principle. Try searching for 'radar ears or 'acoustic ears'. I sometimes cup my hand behind my ear when I want to hear any hum or buzz clearly from my system.

Nice title ... audiophile ear.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back