audiophile jokes

A Real-Life Idiot :eek:

As I use a separate headphone amplifier, there is no possibility of the headphones muting the speaker output.

I have, a couple of times, put the headphones on my head, started the music, and faced a previously-sleeping wife... I forgot to turn off the speakers.

The other day, I was listening to music, paused it to make a drink, returned, put on the headphones and restarted the music. It took me a an embarrassing number of minutes to realise that the headphone amplifier was not even on, and that the sound was coming from the speakers!

(Yes, my headphones are open-back: very open, they do not isolate at all)

Happened to me at workplace many moons ago. Upon learning my interest in music, my project coordinator got me a CD of his brother who was an Indie artiste. I put it on my computer and was wondering why the volume is so low (from my el cheapo Sony headphones). I kept cranking up the volume to no effect. Only when I saw amused faces around me I realized I had kicked the headphone jack off the socket (desktop CPU kept under the desk). :rolleyes:

I love to laugh but seldom gets the opportunity to. This incident and the way you narrated it made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

A Real-Life Idiot :eek:

As I use a separate headphone amplifier, there is no possibility of the headphones muting the speaker output.

I have, a couple of times, put the headphones on my head, started the music, and faced a previously-sleeping wife... I forgot to turn off the speakers.

The other day, I was listening to music, paused it to make a drink, returned, put on the headphones and restarted the music. It took me a an embarrassing number of minutes to realise that the headphone amplifier was not even on, and that the sound was coming from the speakers!

(Yes, my headphones are open-back: very open, they do not isolate at all)

:lol:
Happened with me a couple of times. For a moment I wondered how the sound stage suddenly became enormous and three dimensional!

image_zps732d9523.jpg

Well, the unplugged headphone syndrome struck me yesterday :lol::D

I was wondering how the phones were sounding so loud off my ears when I realized that I had not plugged them into the mobile phone on my lap!!!:eek:

Well, the unplugged headphone syndrome struck me yesterday :lol::D

I was wondering how the phones were sounding so loud off my ears when I realized that I had not plugged them into the mobile phone on my lap!!!:eek:

=============================================

too many auditions.. :)

Duh.. What's the joke?

Sorry guys, that was uploaded by mistake from my phone. I was about to remove it earlier, but due to urgent thing I had to go out of home, leaving my phone back. Will remove it nowk

Thanks to All the members for making my day. :)
I once saw a Audiophile joke in a stereophile it goes like this a Patient was asking the doctor whether the medical equipment connectors are gold plated or not:lol:

Last edited:
My TL FS was sounding awesome to me till yesterday when i measured them, i noticed a small dip in freq between 2KHz till 5KHz and now i am noticing the same in listening test.:lol: :lol: :lol::licklips:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back