audiophile jokes

From Klipsch forum

Actual conversation with my daughter:

Isabelle: dad, what's an "audiophile"?

Me: well. Uh, depends on who you ask but it mostly just means people like me who like high quality music and stereo gear.

Isabelle: oh, well, that's, kind of weird

Me: well, I don't know what to tell you. Who is asking anyway?

Isabelle: my drum teacher

Me: why?

Isabelle: I don't know, he just keeps talking about audiophiles.

Me: ha, why, is he talking smack about us?

Isabelle: no, he wants to send me one.

Me: wait, what?

Isabelle: yeah he wants to send me an audiophile

Me: exactly what was the context here anyway?

Isabelle: well he's sending me texts asking to send me an audiophile

Me: you're just going to have to show me.

Isabelle's text from drum teacher: "please send me an email so I can send you some audio files"

Me: ha, well he's just wanting to send you an MP3 or something

Isabelle: wait, what?

Me: you know, MP3, or a WAV file or something.

Isabelle.......

Me: wait, you don't know what an audio file is?

Isabelle: obviously not

Me: don't you have like every version of iPod, mp3 player, and iPhone, with like thousands of songs? How do you think that works?

Isabelle: iTunes.

Me: don't you have like a bunch of CD's? How do you think that works?

Isabelle: um, iTunes?

Me: no, discs and computers and mp3 players are full of files, which get read, and translated into sound. Your drum teacher is wanting to send you a file through email so you can click on it and you will hear a song or whatever when it opens.

Isabelle: ummmm, ok, but that's kind of weird.

:)

I wonder if these actually exist
View attachment 72254
Most audiophiles are hardware audiophiles. These audiophile ear buds will not sell unless you tell them that it is for cleaning the headphone socket and most importantly the price of each cryogenic treated, oxygen free bud is $ 500. And a post by Amir in the ASR saying how useless this buds are will push up the sales.

Last edited:
Ig Nobel award:?ACOUSTICS PRIZE [AUSTRIA, SWEDEN, JAPAN, USA, SWITZERLAND]
Stephan Reber, Takeshi Nishimura, Judith Janisch, Mark Robertson, and Tecumseh Fitch, for inducing a female Chinese alligator to bellow in an airtight chamber filled with helium-enriched air.
REFERENCE: “A Chinese Alligator in Heliox: Formant Frequencies in a Crocodilian,” Stephan A. Reber, Takeshi Nishimura, Judith Janisch, Mark Robertson, and W. Tecumseh Fitch, Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 218, 2015, pp. 2442-2447.

Last edited:
Another one:
ACOUSTICS: D. Lynn Halpern (of Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, and Brandeis University, and Northwestern University), Randolph Blake (of Vanderbilt University and Northwestern University) and James Hillenbrand (of Western Michigan University and Northwestern University) for conducting experiments to learn why people dislike the sound of fingernails scraping on a blackboard.

REFERENCE: “Psychoacoustics of a Chilling Sound,” D. Lynn Halpern, Randolph Blake and James Hillenbrand, Perception and Psychophysics, vol. 39,1986, pp. 77-80.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back