Audiophile PC Speakers...

congrats! it is good to see people closing on some product after a lot of research. I still have to make a lot of such decisions :)
Does this price also include the subwoofer mentioned on this page?
After reading this link, I feel I should get this system as well! Can your cousin bring 2 ;-)

Last edited:
congrats! it is good to see people closing on some product after a lot of research. I still have to make a lot of such decisions :)
After reading this link, I feel I should get this system as well! Can your cousin bring 2 ;-)

I'm not sure about the subwoofer. Did not check actually, but quite sure it will not come with the 2.0 speakers.

Regarding getting another pair, let me check with him. He's basically in the merchant navy and I think there is a limit to the amount of cash he can carry/convert. If possible then I'll keep you posted.

Settled on the AVI ADM9.1 from

They are costing around 1100 GBP and my cousin who is in Europe will be bringing them in. Will keep ya all posted about how they sound.

Nearly a lakh for a PC speakers? Wow!! I would like to know how they sound.

Cheers

Nearly a lakh for a PC speakers? Wow!! I would like to know how they sound.

Cheers

Actually Venkatji, they are only in the "mid range" from all the searching/researching that I've been doing for the past couple of months. The final choice came down to between them and Genelec which were proving hard to source (at least in the ports when my cousin's ship was landing) and also more expensive so decided to go with the AVI ADM9.1.

Edit - Regarding the sound I'm sure its going to be heavenly on an Asus Xonar Sound Card, playing on cPlay. I just cannot wait to have a blast...

Last edited:
To me they look like a complete solution, including a good DAC that has 2 optical inputs, bi-amped powered (75w+250w) speakers.
Doesn't require any thing else to enjoy good stereo. I think I can eliminate the comp from the picture and use a CDP to enjoy these - as a MAIN stereo setup.

To me they look like a complete solution, including a good DAC that has 2 optical inputs, bi-amped powered (75w+250w) speakers.
Doesn't require any thing else to enjoy good stereo. I think I can eliminate the comp from the picture and use a CDP to enjoy these - as a MAIN stereo setup.

Oh yeah, just play them right out of the box. In fact from the beginning of the thread the requirement was for "Audiophile PC Speakers" and they had to be powered speakers so there would be no need of an amplifier. I've heard the Audioengine A5 and they are very good for 20K, but these babies I'm sure are going to be something else.

@anm - "The ADM9.1 + its Sub costs 1875" per the website. I'm not going with the sub right now, maybe next trip, but undecided as of now. The 9.1s themselves are costing a bomb of 1125 (at least in INR) so limiting to only them for now.

Congrats Moser!

I had a question though. These studio monitor type of speakers are made for close range listening are they not? Is that what you are aiming for?

I recall you mentioning that you like your music to be played as background when you work on your PC. If that is the case, then this seems to be ideal.

Congrats Moser!

I had a question though. These studio monitor type of speakers are made for close range listening are they not? Is that what you are aiming for?

I recall you mentioning that you like your music to be played as background when you work on your PC. If that is the case, then this seems to be ideal.

Thanks! Yup that's correct. Not much distance between PC (where I am usually found) and the speakers in fact. Also, I like to have music running always whether I pay attention to it specifically or its just playing in the background so they serve me perfect. Also, I don't really play the music very loud unless there's a party going on at home. Have yet to hear them though, in fact taking a chance on them, but the online reviews convinced me so I went ahead with them.

Thanks everyone for their inputs.

Settled on the AVI ADM9.1 from AVI - ADM9.1 active louspeakers.

They are costing around 1100 GBP and my cousin who is in Europe will be bringing them in. Will keep ya all posted about how they sound.

This is a serious sounding kit ;)

It is sad to see that they have stopped producing their hi-end audio gear. The brio, trio and duo speakers and their highly regarded pre/power amplifiers. They have shifted their customer / base / branding to the audiophile-yuppies. Good business decision though.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back