Audire started SVS deliveries (My SVS PC12-NSD arrived)

jitubisht

Audire started SVS deliveries (My SVS PC12-NSD arrived) - Pics added

Hi Guys,

Quick update. My PC12-NSD arrived yesterday and since my HT room is still not complete, I connected it temporarily between my cdp and amp.

First the size, its much bigger than I thought. I thought my Dali Ikon 6 was big, the sub makes it look tiny.

I connected CDP outs to Line IN in SVS, then took the high pass out to Amp inputs. I set the Phase output at 12'oclock position, crossover at 55hz and Gain at 12'o clock.

I tested some tracks from Taal and WOW. this thing can go low and how! I always used to read about people saying they could hear new notes/things they never knew existed. When I played Ramta Jogi, i could feel the thump so much! I was going to pack it back after that but instead, i unpacked my bluray player and projector to test movies! Transformers it was and woaaa. The tremors from all the blasts could be felt.

I then tried the SVS placed on the Auralex Subdude. Now, I am not sure if this thing is worth it or not, but the difference is vast and can be noticed right away. The platform is a good isolator - all the miscellenous sound coming from the shaking doors,etc was vastly reduced.

I am extremely satisfied about the purchase. All my equipments are still lying at my sister's place and I will have to run back to her place later tonight to finish the transformers movie :D

Couple of pics so far (clicked from my phone, so please excuse the quality)

The overall system:

Compared to a Dali Ikon 6:

Last edited:
Re: Audire started SVS deliveries (My SVS PC12-NSD arrived) - Pics added

Jitubisht, congrats on the new sub! Its massive!
One doubt, wouldnt it be better if you didnt place them in between the speakers?

Thanks guys.

Jatin - Audition is definitely welcome, once my HT room is ready. Like I mentioned this is at my sister's place where I am making use of the guest bedroom. So wont be possible there. I paid 55,800 incl shipping/vat to my doorstep.

iaudio - the subs will be no where close to the front speakers in the ht room which is under contruction at my place. once I move everything over there, I plan on placing it behind the seating area.

Congrats Jitu. I really like your phased approach with purchases - you'll have everything and ready to rock when your room is up and running.

Tell us more about the Auralex Subdude. Where from? How much? etc

Hi Guys,

Quick update. My PC12-NSD arrived yesterday and since my HT room is still not complete, I connected it temporarily between my cdp and amp.

First the size, its much bigger than I thought. I thought my Dali Ikon 6 was big, the sub makes it look tiny.

I then tried the SVS placed on the Auralex Subdude. Now, I am not sure if this thing is worth it or not, but the difference is vast and can be noticed right away. The platform is a good isolator - all the miscellenous sound coming from the shaking doors,etc was vastly reduced.

Congratulations there buddy....!! :)

The base of the subwoofer is naked and i'm worried about the maid splashing some water on it while doing mopping etc. I guess you might not have that problem in a dedicated Room but mine's gonna be in my living room.

I thinking of getting the Subdude too but saw the pics and the subdude's height does not seem to be very high. So now m wondering should i put the subwoofer on a high stool.... :confused:

hey also with the subdude you have better isolation and since the sounds from shaking doors is less.... Do you feel that's a better movie experience ? or do you feel that it's a better/ more real experience with everything in the room shaking & vibrating...??

any idea how this compares to hsu ?

i have a friend in the states who has heard & owned the hsu vtf2 mk3, vtf3 mk3 & the pc12 nsd. he told me that the hsu is a bit better for music but as far as movies go the vtf2 & the vtf3 are good too but are no match for the pc 12 nsd.

I had considered the vtf2 & the vtf3 vs. pc12 nsd but all my research concluded that the pc12 creams both of them as far as movies is concerned.

So for 100 HT usage as in my case go for PC12 nsd but if you wanna do 50:50 then maybe you are better off with the hsu.

Cheers.

@ santhol / Rana / audiodelic
I bought this off Amazon and my friend got it for me. It cost me about $50.
The one I have is just Subdude and not HD, however the difference is just the color.
The base seems like foam and the platform seems like wood/cardboard like stuff. I will click the pictures of the base and post it latest by tomorrow.

@ Rana
The door shattering experience is good or bad? I'd say it differs from person to person. Although its a good feeling to know your sub can rattle doors/windows, however the experience during a movie can get annoying with the doors vibrating even when someone is speaking.
about the maid thing - well I wouldn't wanna place this giant sub on too much height. it makes it prone to falling and I don't think there are many who can survive an svs fall. unless of course you want to place it horizontally.

congrats ... please give more info about the auralex subdude price and where to buy from in india ?

@santhol: check this video
subdude audioholics review

@ santhol / Rana / audiodelic
I bought this off Amazon and my friend got it for me. It cost me about $50.
The one I have is just Subdude and not HD, however the difference is just the color.
The base seems like foam and the platform seems like wood/cardboard like stuff. I will click the pictures of the base and post it latest by tomorrow.
Thanks guys. My Auralex Grammas are on their way;). I went it for the Grammas(priced same as the subdude on Amazon) since they are slightly larger and can accomodate a larger sub that I am about to DIY.

Next will be: Amazon.com: Auralex Studiofoam Designer Kit, Charcoal Gray: Musical Instruments. I am worried about the shipping costs on this one. At ~20kgs, surely the shipping will be twice or more than the product itself:lol:.

HI, Even I have ordered for a PB13 Ultra on 16-12-10 with Audire and am waiting for the sub with my fingers crossed. If you could tell me how many days they took to reach your home from the day of your payment, then it would be helpful to me.

jitu,

there is a small fuse in the cd manual packet. what is the use of that ? i also saw a small hole/opening in the power cable at the plug ( wall power socket end ).

Do we have to insert the fuse into that hole ?

Thanks guys. My Auralex Grammas are on their way;). I went it for the Grammas(priced same as the subdude on Amazon) since they are slightly larger and can accomodate a larger sub that I am about to DIY.

For someone who is building a sub, wouldn't building a riser be a piece of cake?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back