Audire Technologies New Speaker System

I think the designers have made the mistake of using black as a background. I have just now spoken to Sandeep and requested him to set the background colours to white and use black text.

If anyone has any more suggestions, I will pass them on.

Cheers

Please request him to use grey-green slate colour with off-white font. Will he listen to all 1000 forum members personal tastes? (Hint: use cookie==gobble;colour=grey-green) just kidding :)

I am personally always happy to visit a site whose page does not cause glare from the screen.

Cheers

Last edited:
The font sizes need to be bigger too .. they have a lot of wasted real-estate on every page that they can put to use to accommodate this.

The tech specs are not updated - for some products it leads a blank page.

It's true that a white background can be dazzling, and is not at all necessary --- but what is necessary is that a site is readable and accessible, and this all the more important when that site aims at getting sales. Browsers tend not to be patient people; we just abandon sites we can't easily use.

In some ways, the site looks very nice --- and that is the problem. If it was a picture it would be fine: hang it on the wall and enjoy! But a website is not a picture, and like any good software, its testers should do their best to criticise and test it, thinking of the people that will use it, eg, we are not all in our teens with perfect eyesight. The relative readability of different kinds of type, and of different colour combinations, is something that typographers and designers have sorted out many decades since. It is unfortunate that many techies are either completely unaware of that, or consider it unimportant. Of course, the principles of typographic design do not transfer exactly to the computer monitor, but they are, still, the basics. It is a shame to see something that obvious cost many hours of work (and perhaps quite a lot of money too) but does not really work.

Still... At least there's no flashing type ;)

Venkat - if there is a way to make the 'Technical specifications' page not be as a popup that would be great. Also the Callisto and the Callisto bookshelf page both show the same speaker's image.

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank Venkat CR and Mr Santosh and everyone here for pointing out the errors we have committed in our website. All your points are duly noted and I will ask my web designer to rectify all the errors.

Sincerely,
Sandeep Nair

PS: Being a film director and having a lot of experience in cinematography, my eye has been attuned to that of the perfect frame. But ofcourse like you have pointed out a website is not a picture! Mea Culpa! All mistakes will be rectified asap.

Also, regarding the prices, we are planning an own sponsored forum in hifivision soon , where we will put up prices of all our products. Please do bear with us until then.

Sincerely,
Sandeep Nair

great goin,u folks at audire.aside from these small niggles,i for one was plain ecstatic being able to just go thru ur website!!long time coming ;)!!all the very best.cheers

PS: Being a film director and having a lot of experience in cinematography, my eye has been attuned to that of the perfect frame. But ofcourse like you have pointed out a website is not a picture! Mea Culpa! All mistakes will be rectified asap.
You don't surprise me: that a lot of work went into the design is obvious. Thank you for taking our comments as constructive, and with a good heart.

Can I repeat the comment about some kind of overview page(s) for products? For someone already familiar with your range, it is easy to navigate to a particular item via a menu structure. For a newcomer, that can be an option, but it is nice to be able to see the products on a page. One can also get an idea of the relative position of a product within the range.

Just my 2ps-worth :eek:

Last edited:
Awesome ! This is a move in the right direction!

I can see where sandeep is coming from. If something looks good, then a photographer/ film director signs off !

A website is an interactive experience therefore very different. Easily accessible information established in a very logical scheme is good enough. Colors are a very personal matter. I personally like black. Avoiding popups is very important. A small popup with a scroll bar is the most infuriating thing on a website !

Large photographs exposing important angles and information on pertinent specs is important. Some pertinent information on the thought process behind the design will also help.

Hi all,

I took a look at the site shortly after moktan put up the news of the new site. It looks good, their previous site did too. It also has more information than their previous site. So overall, I'd say it's in the right direction.

However, as Sandeep himself has realized, an website is after all an website, and not a picture or a piece of a painting. Sure it got to be a bit classy, but shouldn't overdo it.

As others have pointed out, readability is a big issue again with the new site. Bigger fonts and better colour schemes would help here.

I personally would like to see one thing more. Usually I like to know about a particular product in a given line: where exactly it is in the hierarchy. That is, I like to know if the particular amp for example is their top of the line or middle of the line or the entry level product. There should be some indicator regarding that. It is especially true for the amp, because more watts does not necessarily mean a better overall product. For their speaker line, I'd go with the size of their single-driver, is that correct?

Believe it or not, my wife is now in Coimbatore for her office work. She has been there for this whole week and will be coming back tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately I could not convince her to go to Audire, and take a look at things and perhaps listen if anybody was around. But she summarily dismissed my mild and muted suggestion. BTW, she has good ears but does not know about it.

Regards.

Usually I like to know about a particular product in a given line: where exactly it is in the hierarchy. That is, I like to know if the particular amp for example is their top of the line or middle of the line or the entry level product. There should be some indicator regarding that.
Very much what I mean by having a product overview page.

Also, please put prices on the site. You have nothing to gain by not giving price when you are trying to sell something!

I went through the website now. I too have some gripes.

1.Most products do not have pictures.
2.Readability
3.Hierarchy of the product

Heres a pretty good example of how a hi-end audio website should be.

Gamut International

Simple, aesthetic, logical, user-friendly

Hello Sandeep

How much is the Callisto bookshelf? Can one buy it without the stands?

There is no pic of it on your website. Where can I demo it?

Cheers

Hey Gobble,
Hope this helps:

PRICE BOOK / FEBRUARY 2009
NO. 8, MTP ROAD, OPP. VG HOSPITALS, COIMBATORE, TAMIL NADU, INDIA. PIN: 641017
WEB: http://www.audire.in, EMAIL: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
PHONE: (0091) 9003355444 OR (0091) 9003344644 (OR) (0091) 9894722600

PRODUCT & MODELS
--------------------
IO 32,000
TALL BOY 26,000
SWAN 37,000
CALLISTO 26,000
CALLISTO BOOKSHELF 32,000
ECHELON ALPH 31,000
ECHELON BETA 34,000
ECHELON GAMMA 29,000
ECHELON BOOKSHELF 24,500
OS IRIS 63,000
OSIRIS WITH SUPER TWEETER 1,20,000
CHIMERA 99,000
CHIMERA WITH SUPER TWEETER 1,15,000
CHIMERA WITH LIMITED EDITION 2,10,000
SUPER TWEETER
IO2 Truhorn 55,000

PRICES WITH DISCOUNT

Cheers!
Vivek

Last edited:
Hey Gobble,
Hope this helps:

PRICE BOOK / FEBRUARY 2009
NO. 8, MTP ROAD, OPP. VG HOSPITALS, COIMBATORE, TAMIL NADU, INDIA. PIN: 641017
WEB: Audire, Precious Jewels That Sing, EMAIL: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
PHONE: (0091) 9003355444 OR (0091) 9003344644 (OR) (0091) 9894722600

PRODUCT & MODELS
--------------------
IO 32,000
TALL BOY 26,000
SWAN 37,000
CALLISTO 26,000
CALLISTO BOOKSHELF 32,000
ECHELON ALPH 31,000
ECHELON BETA 34,000
ECHELON GAMMA 29,000
ECHELON BOOKSHELF 24,500
OS IRIS 63,000
OSIRIS WITH SUPER TWEETER 1,20,000
CHIMERA 99,000
CHIMERA WITH SUPER TWEETER 1,15,000
CHIMERA WITH LIMITED EDITION 2,10,000
SUPER TWEETER
IO2 Truhorn 55,000

PRICES WITH DISCOUNT

Cheers!
Vivek

Vivek

I am a happy owner of the Callisto BS since a year now.

Thank you.

Regards

Vivek

I am a happy owner of the Callisto BS since a year now.

Thank you.

Regards

Oh That's great then. How is the experience?
How does it stand against the normal bookshelf or the floorstanders?

Is it just the fancy of a single driver generating a good sound (but lacking in some parts) or does it really scores over the conventional multi driver speakers?

Oh That's great then. How is the experience?
How does it stand against the normal bookshelf or the floorstanders?

Is it just the fancy of a single driver generating a good sound (but lacking in some parts) or does it really scores over the conventional multi driver speakers?

I have heard very little variety in hifi gear so I cannot answer that. All I can comment is I could not tolerate the crossover sound in speakers I heard costing 2 to 3 lacs when I heard it, after a year with full range. Yes that other speaker had a really great open sound due to open baffle design I cant imagine is possible with a boxed speaker. But given the cost I am happy with what I choose to afford.

I do not need a sub with these speakers.

HTH
Regards

hi vivek,

it's certainly not a fancy. how a single driver sounds is a very well documented fact. there's a lovely and beguiling coherency to the sound, the light cone responds very fast to even the slightest signal so you hear more into the recording. one of the cons is that frequencies at either end cant go as far as conventional speakers since they have dedicated woofers/tweeters. once you hear a single driver you can decide for yourself ie your ears will tell you whether you like the coherency enough to forgo the benefits of frequency extension. having said that i really don't miss the extended treble. practically every conventional speaker i hear now certainly has more extended treble but it seems to be floating far apart from the rest of the music! with the single driver everything happens in one unified stage.

also like gobble mentioned no crossover screwing up the sound signal by splitting it. single drivers have their own technical issues. i'm not a tech guy so i'm just pointing you in this direction so you can learn more online.

regards

Ideally you want to hear the joys of both-like enjoying Indian Chinese, and Continental food( each is not mutually exclusive, but enjoyable).

I wont get into the pros of Thai, Greek, Turkish, Ethiopian and other exotic cuisines that I tasted and enjoyed on my last trip to NY and to which I look forward to in June...(Horns, ribbons, waveguides,electrostatics, et al).

What say Stevie?

George

absolutely george! spot on.

kinda like a UN buffet. go around nibble at everything and the load yer plate with the one thing you loved! :licklips:

man am hungry now for a good buffet what with the lovely weather! sigh...

some guys i know can't settle for one. they have to have two of each ;) :D

actually i've always wanted to have a 45 amp and a 300B amp. did broach it once with viren and he said he'd explore it if he got an order but price is keeping me back...

listening to some good horns is also on my wish list. and the lowthers that prem has.

regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back