Audire TITAN Monoblocks

Nikhil

Staff member
In continuation of my search for a stereo system, I came across Audire Technologies from Coimbatore. It has been a pleasur to interact with Sharath Chandran so far.

After informing Sharath on my room size (approx 24 ft x 14 ft) and my choice of music he has recommended their IO horn loudspeaker system with a TITAN mono block amplifier configuration for which I would like to get a second opinion on here:

1. IO horn - 36000 INR
2. TITAN - 40000 INR [ monoblocks ]
3. PC -2 - 20000 INR [ per kva ] [ active , includes servo ]

First of all I would like to recommend more on here to talk to these guys as well when considering a good music system. If anybody has an opinion on Audire I would like to have some feedback. I plan to visit Coimbatore to know more about Audire Technolgies as well.

nikhil:

You have not yet told me what your Chapathi player is. I am very curious.

I have heard the Audire system about three months ago in an exhibition. Their sound is simply phenomenal. I went there for two days and heard various combination. I heard their mono blocks connected to a Parasound preamp and played through their speakers. The next day I heard their preamp connected to tiny Japanese mono blocks again connected to their single driver speakers. The sound was crystal clear across all frequencies.

Unfortunately the environment (being an exhibition) was not good. I am visiting Audire on the 14th of October for a full day, and I shall post by reviews then.

Cheers

Hi Nikhil..

am quite a novice myself & looking around for suggestions on amp for my Audio set up having Dali ikon 6 & 8, rather just posted a thread a while ago.

but out of curiosity i had a look at the link you posted for Titan.. guess it stands to its name. Thats one heavy boned baby at 100lbs.

all the best

cheers

Hi
Do you remember which monoblocks they were?
thanks
sridhar

nikhil:

I have heard the Audire system about three months ago in an exhibition. Their sound is simply phenomenal. I went there for two days and heard various combination. I heard their mono blocks connected to a Parasound preamp and played through their speakers. The next day I heard their preamp connected to tiny Japanese mono blocks again connected to their single driver speakers. The sound was crystal clear across all frequencies.

Unfortunately the environment (being an exhibition) was not good. I am visiting Audire on the 14th of October for a full day, and I shall post by reviews then.

Cheers

Hi,

I have heard the Titan at an audio show some time ago.It was hooked up to the bigger Fostex horns.

The sound was very good ,it is way above the quality of NAD,CAMBRIDGE AUDIO and other run of the mill stuff,and a good buy for the price.

If you can live with the low power output then you will have no regrets about buying the Titan.Also the Titan is a current drive amplifier unlike conventional amps which are voltage drive,so it may not work well with most normal loudspeakers.However with full range single drivers (like Fostex)they are truly wonderful.

If I am not mistaken the Titan is a copy of the Nelson Pass First Watt amp,and a very good copy using some high quality components.

First Watt: Products

It is a pleasure to interact with Sharath ,I have been in touch with him regarding their power conditioners,and was scheduled to vist with him last month but I had to go out of town on work for an extended period.It was during that time that Sharath was down in Madras to demo the Wavac tube amps and Feastrex speakers at a friends place .

My friend owns some serious high end equipment and has a good ear.He was very impressed with the sound,describing at as clean, detailed and very "musical".

Regards
Rajiv

Hi
Do you remember which monoblocks they were?
thanks
sridhar

The Japanese ones? Unfortunately no. Audire was experimenting with some new technologies to reduce the size of their amps. I did not look too closely. I shall ask them when I visit them next month.

Cheers

Hi,

I have heard the Titan at an audio show some time ago.It was hooked up to the bigger Fostex horns.

The sound was very good ,it is way above the quality of NAD,CAMBRIDGE AUDIO and other run of the mill stuff,and a good buy for the price.

If you can live with the low power output then you will have no regrets about buying the Titan.Also the Titan is a current drive amplifier unlike conventional amps which are voltage drive,so it may not work well with most normal loudspeakers.However with full range single drivers (like Fostex)they are truly wonderful.

If I am not mistaken the Titan is a copy of the Nelson Pass First Watt amp,and a very good copy using some high quality components.

First Watt: Products

It is a pleasure to interact with Sharath ,I have been in touch with him regarding their power conditioners,and was scheduled to vist with him last month but I had to go out of town on work for an extended period.It was during that time that Sharath was down in Madras to demo the Wavac tube amps and Feastrex speakers at a friends place .

My friend owns some serious high end equipment and has a good ear.He was very impressed with the sound,describing at as clean, detailed and very "musical".

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv did you get a chance to check out their power conditioner ? would be interested in your comments on it

Folks thanks for the comments. Its really encouraging to hear the positive feedback on Audire Technologies because lets face it we all have doubts when it comes to the lesser known brands. I have time so I will be looking to get more information and even demo them at some time if possible.

I hear there is an audio expo taking place in Mumbai later this month. Will have to check if they are at the show.

nikhil:

:D :D :D its the same player that Phillips had an ad running some years ago. Remember "Ramoooooo .." Its the ad in which the family help accidently loads a pulkha/chapathi into the player (plays almost anything) :p ... hence the name "chapathi" player. Its basically their generic VCD/DVD player.

Needless to say I will be using something more respectful with Sharath's TITAN!

Hi Nikhil..

am quite a novice myself & looking around for suggestions on amp for my Audio set up having Dali ikon 6 & 8, rather just posted a thread a while ago.

but out of curiosity i had a look at the link you posted for Titan.. guess it stands to its name. Thats one heavy boned baby at 100lbs.

Sid you may want to check before using the TITAN. Its not the same animal as your usual Receiver out there. As Rajiv mentioned its a current drive amp which may not work for the Dalis which are multi way speakers designed for voltage drive amplification. The resistive and inductive crossover elements will react in exactly the opposite fashion when driven by a current amp (called crossover inversion). Audire uses single drivers for the entire range i.e. no separate bass, mid range and tweeter. Its a matter of choice driven by the nature of current drive amps.

Here is what they have to say on their website:

THE POWER OF ONE

"We choose to use single drivers in most of our speaker for one important reason. Emotion. Simply put, no Multiway system could deliver the emotion throb of music that a single driver can.

Consider, also, that single drivers are single sources, therefore, they are coherent. They have no Xovers, so that means there is no insertion loss, no missing of detail, they are highly sensitive, have a transience, clarity and purity that is unmatched. And ofcourse, we use the WORLD?S BEST SINGLE DRIVERS. >> FEASTREX"

Last edited:
Rajiv did you get a chance to check out their power conditioner ? would be interested in your comments on it

Hi ARJ,

I did not check out the power conditioner yet. Audire's parent company is in the transformer ,and power conditioner field for several years.They make hospital grade power supplies.

Sharath and his dad,Dr.Chandrashekeran's audio passion led to the creation of Audire.I have no doudt on the quality of Audire's products.The best thing about Audire is that they can custom make products to suit your requirement.

I need a servo stabilzer and a power conditioner,but had no place for two boxes.Sharath was willing to make both in one box. I have more or less decided to go with this ,and will be visiting Coimbatore shortly to listen to the Feastrex drivers,and purchase the power conditioner/servo stabilizer.

Regards
Rajiv

Dear Rajiv,

Thank you for your email. We can make the box in numerous dimensions depending on particular constraints. The basic shape can be either bigger and shorter or sleeker but taller. I will get back to you with the exact measurements tomorrow. It should cost somewhere around Rs. 23,500 excl. shipping and handling charges to Chennai. We have a similar system which we developed for one of our earlier customers, so I will try to locate some photos and send them to you tomorrow.

Regarding your visit, you can come at any time you like, and you are always welcome here.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharath Chandran.

Hi
I use Audire's power conditioner (which also includes an isolation transformer), its a good product.

cheers

Sid you may want to check before using the TITAN. Its not the same animal as your usual Receiver out there. As Rajiv mentioned its a current drive amp which may not work for the Dalis which are multi way speakers designed for voltage drive amplification. The resistive and inductive crossover elements will react in exactly the opposite fashion when driven by a current amp (called crossover inversion). Audire uses single drivers for the entire range i.e. no separate bass, mid range and tweeter. Its a matter of choice driven by the nature of current drive amps.

Last time I checked with Audire about using regular speakers, they said they have a small unit to be connected between their amps and the speakers that will take care of the current/voltage issue. According to them Audire amps can be used with any respectable speakers.

Cheers

Just got a reply from Sharath confirming that they do have another amplifier (no name given yet) suited for voltage drive loudspeakers. Venkat could you check these out as well on your trip to Coimbatore? :cool:

Just got a reply from Sharath confirming that they do have another amplifier (no name given yet) suited for voltage drive loudspeakers. Venkat could you check these out as well on your trip to Coimbatore? :cool:

I certainly will. I aim to check their whole range.

Thank you clearing my 'chapathi' doubt. Silly of me, but it was really itching me to think what it could. I realized the ad connection only when you explained. :)

Cheers

Venkat, if you would please get more info on their amps. Following Rajiv's comment earlier I went over to read Nelson Pass's First Watt website and its been a revelation. If the TITAN is based on the First Watt F1 there has been some interesting work done by Nelson Pass since with the F3 Power JFET Review. If you are not aware of it, read Srajan Ebaen's reviews of both these amps to see where this is going.

Link: First Watt Fi Review and F3 Power JFET

Mind blowing stuff in my opinion. It would be great to know if Audire has been tracking Nelson Pass' work.

Can't remember the name right now. It was something I saw in the papers the last time I was in Bombay a few weeks ago.

I will get as many details as possible and post it as soon as I return. from Coimbatore. I have a confirmed appointment with Sarath for the whole day of 14th.

Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back