Audition - B&W 684, Dali Ikon 6, MA RX6, MA RS8

I see.
You live in secunderabad?
Can you pitch in with your amp this sunday if possible?
Audio people howroom at jubilee hills?

BTW, what amp you use?

Musical fidelity m3i is not 'better amp'? It costs like $1300. :p

I would like to join. What time are you planning to go?

Those are like 1.5L and are very hard to audition around here. :(

Studio 60 for 1.5 lakhs I dont think so. May be studio 100.

Still very exhorbitant prices.
They were in the range of 1200 - to 1600 dollar range
Studio 100 was about $2000
Studio series and signature series are excellent speakers.

Thanks
pandu

Looking at these prices, DIY looks like the best option Provided you have time and patience in getting them right.

Having internet on the laptop there is loads of information available. It needs time to get better.

In US we have lot of used speakers options available. we dont have them over here. Huge disadvantage.

Thanks
Pandu

Just now enquired with the distributor

Paradigm studio 60 1.29 lakh
paradigm studio 100 1.89 lakh
paradigm signature S2 2.1 lakh
Paradigm signature s6 3.51 lakh
Paradigm signature S8 5.28 Lakh.

These are MRPs. May be customer might get 20% off. But Still the prices are so high, Now I feel very lucky to have already gotten S4's with me. I paid around $2300 5 years ago. And I did it with very little research.

Thanks
pandu

KEF's Q900 is cheaper.

At these prices you could include PSB Imagine Tower, Dynaudio DM 3/7, Focal's Chorus 836, Monitor's RX8, B&W CM 8 and Dali's Mentor 6. Any news about Tannoy - the Revolution series might be an option (Definition 8T or 10T will be over 2L per pair).

Just now enquired with the distributor

paradigm signature S2 2.1 lakh
Paradigm signature s6 3.51 lakh
Paradigm signature S8 5.28 Lakh.

These are MRPs. May be customer might get 20% off. But Still the prices are so high, Now I feel very lucky to have already gotten S4's with me. I paid around $2300 5 years ago. And I did it with very little research.

Thanks
pandu

KEF's Q900 is cheaper.

At these prices you could include PSB Imagine Tower, Dynaudio DM 3/7, Focal's Chorus 836, Monitor's RX8, B&W CM 8 and Dali's Mentor 6. Any news about Tannoy - the Revolution series might be an option (Definition 8T or 10T will be over 2L per pair).

To be clear, all speakers reviewd are 60-80k.
Much lower than whatever you have mentioned.

To be clear, all speakers reviewd are 60-80k.
Much lower than whatever you have mentioned.

Thought Studio 60 would be around the same range. As part of that got curious and found out the other prices which I put them down.

Ignore them.

Thanks
Pandu

Blasto, I would like to join the Sunday Audition plan at 'the audio people'. Pl let me know the time this is being planned. Thanks.

Hi Hyderabad guys,

This sunday, few of us are planning to have a round of auditions in vector and monitor audio showrooms.

Jalal from music people has been kind enough to provide us with a seperate demo room if it is not peak time in evening. He is also wiling to send the speakers for home audition (but Iam not sure if I should accept without some degree of inclination towards his speakers)

Apart from vested interests of helping me pick up good speakers :D, I would be more benefitted n meeting you.

Currently S-sachin, sajjad, anzy, musicbee are in. If you are around, please drop in.

I'd get the CDP. If someone can bring in a 100w/ch + amp, that wuld help to do a cross-showroom reference in electronics. I dont think musical fidelity jells well with the monitor audios personally also.

Time :
Vectors - 11 to 12.30
Audio people - 1.30 to 3

Bring in your CDs.

BTW, If yoou want to audition Bronze/ Gold Series let me know. I have only booked the slot for silver.

Vector has B&W 685 and 684, Dali Ikon 6 and 7 (probably 2 also) and few wharfedales.

Hi Hyderabad guys,

This sunday, few of us are planning to have a round of auditions in vector and monitor audio showrooms.

Jalal from music people has been kind enough to provide us with a seperate demo room if it is not peak time in evening. He is also wiling to send the speakers for home audition (but Iam not sure if I should accept without some degree of inclination towards his speakers)

Apart from vested interests of helping me pick up good speakers :D, I would be more benefitted n meeting you.

Currently S-sachin, sajjad, anzy, musicbee are in. If you are around, please drop in.

I'd get the CDP. If someone can bring in a 100w/ch + amp, that wuld help to do a cross-showroom reference in electronics. I dont think musical fidelity jells well with the monitor audios personally also.

Time :
Vectors - 11 to 12.30
Audio people - 1.30 to 3

Bring in your CDs.

Blasto,

Please do double auditioning with Music hall CDP and also with another CD player. Music hall CD will lack Mid bass as earlier indicated.

Regards

But a remaining touch of midbass thinness was still nagging at me, so my next change was to put Monster Cables HS3500 power-line conditioner into the system, which is to say that I plugged the Music Hall CD player into it, and left it in for the rest of the sessions. It broadened and deepened the soundstage and brought a bit more flesh to the musical skeleton.

Then, on a tip from Roy Hall at Music Hall, I changed the power cord in the CD player to the Acoustic Zen Tsunami, and it instantly rewarded me with a wall of sound very like its name. Ive had interconnects and speaker cables open up the sound of a system, but never before a power cord, or not to this degree. Ordinarily Im loath to fiddle much with modest gear to get it up to par. Par is what you get out of the box, to my way of thinking. Unless warned, most customers are not going to tweak, particularly if in the process they add significantly to the cost of their equipment. But here I wanted to be sure I was giving this unit every opportunity in a system that was above its price range.

And, indeed, the new power cord was worth keeping on this player in the big system; the sound bloomed around me. Lyrics, particularly from the Cohen backup singers, which before had skirted comprehension, now were clear. Gary Karrs Basso Cantante [Firebird] was full and detailed, and the acoustic bass was indeed singing, though there are some higher notes on this instrument (heard in The Swan) that are not as melodic as the same notes on the cello, but this is the instrument, not the recording or the system. This is the kind of critical nuance you will hear on this player. This recording also showed a bit of midrange forwardness that was not present with the MF A5 in the system, indicating a slight difference in frequency balance.

Last edited:
Blasto,

Please do double auditioning with Music hall CDP and also with another CD player. Music hall CD will lack Mid bass as earlier indicated.

Regards

I did auditon with marantz 5003 CDP in the vectors.
It was nowhere close. Not by a mile. Difference was night and day.
Hence had to revert back to Musichall.
Earlier NAD 525 CDP was much better but still quite some distance behind. Those were with different speakers though.

Cables and power chord are a bit out of league for me.
The guys used the cables which 'they' thought fitted the system.

Hi Hyderabad guys,

I dont think musical fidelity jells well with the monitor audios personally also.

Time :
Vectors - 11 to 12.30
Audio people - 1.30 to 3

Bring in your CDs.

Can someone help me with the address to Vector and Audio People Plz...am new to Hyd :)

@ Blasto I have a Musical Fidelity A 3.2 Amp, Cyrus CD 6S with MA RS6 for the past 3 years; have been happy with the set up....but am now yearning for a new set of speakers to start :licklips:

The outing on Sunday with you guys should help me...:clapping:

I will try to attend the audition if i can get enough free time.
I am pretty new to this stuff ... and not an audiophile ...

But planning to get my audio gear soon ...

Can someone help me with the address to Vector and Audio People Plz...am new to Hyd :)

@ Blasto I have a Musical Fidelity A 3.2 Amp, Cyrus CD 6S with MA RS6 for the past 3 years; have been happy with the set up....but am now yearning for a new set of speakers to start :licklips:

Where do you stay?

The Vector is bang on nagarjuna circle. You can come too punjakutta and give me a call around 11. :)
Audio people is in jubilee hills, we can just go there from vectors.

I am interested to listen to your setup. Where do you live?
I found musical fidelity + MA sharp and lacking in bass. Want to hear it in home condition to find more. If possible, we'll plan that too.

If I like the sound, I might pick up the RS6. ;)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back