Auto switching off of Epson projector

Hi the problem reappered. I did factory reset again it was getting auto swithoff intermittently not all the time.
So as suggested i raised complaint on customer care today morning at 9 and gave them details of serial number.
At 11 i got call and service engineer visited at 4 pm
The usual problems are
1.lamp issues needed to be removed and reinstalled .he did that
2. The lamp requires 440 v it seems so inside the projector they will have voltage blast , sometimes that will be at fault .that needs to be replaced.
He didn't even ask for invoice.thry have it all online.it was 1.2 yrs old . warranty is for 2 yrs for projector and 1 yr for lamp.
He has reinstalled lamp and suggested me to run it for 2 days if it persists then the blast unit needs to be replaced ofcourse free of cost .
Complaint will be closed once i give them clearence.
Epson customer care was really helpful and i didn't feel any stress .
Price for new lamp for 9400 is 7.5 k
In my case the same lamp was reinstalled
You are very lucky that warranty period hasn't expired yet

You are very lucky that warranty period hasn't expired yet
Looks like removing and reinstalling the same bulb has solved the problem. The moment I told him the problem he said bulb needs to be reinstalled.
I was relieved of my stress

Looks like removing and reinstalling the same bulb has solved the problem.
I hope so, though its unlikely to make sustainable difference.
My panasonic AE1000 projector used to shutoff after 10mins due to faulty auto iris. It needs to be lubricated. It was not an easy procedure but needed a lot of patience and skill and dexterity in order to not ruin the lcd panel while spraying the cleaning as well as lubrication solution.
My Epson's root problem was also the auto-iris. However it needed a gear replacement instead of lubrication. Epson India support was useless because they never go down to that level of detail and instead only offered to replace the whole optical assembly. With warranty gone it was no longer an viable economic option. I imported the gear wheel mechanism, disassembled projector and auto-iris assembly myself (very complicated) and then replaced the gear. I had successfully repaired an older projector before so I was confident I could do it on my own. Unfortunately it was way over my head this time. Not only the fix didn't work, I also accidentally damaged the optical ribbon. I had to then abandon the projector and buy a new one. Years have passed but the whole experience still hurts to this day :-(

Last edited:
Looks like removing and reinstalling the same bulb has solved the problem. The moment I told him the problem he said bulb needs to be reinstalled.
I was relieved of my stress
Dont believe that fully. It is what they do for any complaint. They did that for my complaint too but eventually it turned out to be a mobo error where they had to replace entire unit

Dont believe that fully. It is what they do for any complaint. They did that for my complaint too but eventually it turned out to be a mobo error where they had to replace entire unit
Still they haven't closed my complaint thread.they are waiting clearence from my side 48 hrs duration.
Now it's working fine

I hope so, though its unlikely to make sustainable difference.

My Epson's root problem was also the auto-iris. However it needed a gear replacement instead of lubrication. Epson India support was useless because they never go down to that level of detail and instead only offered to replace the whole optical assembly. With warranty gone it was no longer an viable economic option. I imported the gear wheel mechanism, disassembled projector and auto-iris assembly myself (very complicated) and then replaced the gear. I had successfully repaired an older projector before so I was confident I could do it on my own. Unfortunately it was way over my head this time. Not only the fix didn't work, I also accidentally damaged the optical ribbon. I had to then abandon the projector and buy a new one. Years have passed but the whole experience still hurts to this day :-(
Hi, Which model of epson is this. TW6600?

Hi all this is further update on the auto swithoff intermittently 9400
Epson person he removed and refixed the same bulb about 1.5 months back .it worked fine for a month with out any hiccups.
Again it started with same problem,this exactly around 19 min it was shutting off .i complained again .they came they checked and replaced old bulb run for 970 hrs with the new bulb and new filter .
Warranty term is 2 yrs for projector & 1 yr or 1000 hrs for the bulb which ever is earlier.though my projector is 1yr 4 months old they were kind enough to replace newbulb . again it worked 1 week and same problem recurred.
This time they brought some software from the company for fault finding.this was home service.
Within 10 secs of usb connection it showed ballast unit error .
Immediately they ordered ballast unit which is expensive i believe.but luckily mine was under warranty and without any fuzz they placed order.
After 4 days it arrived.
This time along with ballast unit they also got new mother board for uploading latest software.
They replaced defective ballast unit .along with this company changed the motherboard to new one as the old motherboard was not compatible with the latest software.
Now my projector has got new motherboard with latest software update,new bulb,filter and ballast unit.70percent of it is replaced.
Epson service men were excellent and they much obliged to my problems.al this went through smoothly.

Hi all this is further update on the auto swithoff intermittently 9400
Epson person he removed and refixed the same bulb about 1.5 months back .it worked fine for a month with out any hiccups.
Again it started with same problem,this exactly around 19 min it was shutting off .i complained again .they came they checked and replaced old bulb run for 970 hrs with the new bulb and new filter .
Warranty term is 2 yrs for projector & 1 yr or 1000 hrs for the bulb which ever is earlier.though my projector is 1yr 4 months old they were kind enough to replace newbulb . again it worked 1 week and same problem recurred.
This time they brought some software from the company for fault finding.this was home service.
Within 10 secs of usb connection it showed ballast unit error .
Immediately they ordered ballast unit which is expensive i believe.but luckily mine was under warranty and without any fuzz they placed order.
After 4 days it arrived.
This time along with ballast unit they also got new mother board for uploading latest software.
They replaced defective ballast unit .along with this company changed the motherboard to new one as the old motherboard was not compatible with the latest software.
Now my projector has got new motherboard with latest software update,new bulb,filter and ballast unit.70percent of it is replaced.
Epson service men were excellent and they much obliged to my problems.al this went through smoothly.
You are a lucky guy

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back