Auto switching off of Epson projector

girishtd8262

Hi all . what may be the reason for projector getting aoto switched off after every 12-15 mins of playing .there is no overheating indicator on
I have grounding issues (almost absolutely non-existent grounding) of electricity which will be sorted out in a day .
Even with my power amplifier was going in for auto protection mode after playing for se period of time.with changing the plug point it was sorted out
All these started since a day .
Any suggestions are welcome.
Will need to test it again after the grounding issues sorted out.

I dont think it's grounding issue. That's how my old 1080p Epson projector went bad. The switch intervals will get smaller and smaller. The quoted fixing costs were too high, had to go with a newer projector.

I dont think it's grounding issue. That's how my old 1080p Epson projector went bad. The switch intervals will get smaller and smaller. The quoted fixing costs were too high, had to go with a newer projector.
Will clean the air filter . online search suggested to clean the filter . will do it tomorrow.if not successful then need to call Epson service.its only 1.2 yrs old

Will clean the air filter . online search suggested to clean the filter . will do it tomorrow.if not successful then need to call Epson service.its only 1.2 yrs old
Very unlikely that cleaning air filter will do anything - That comes into play only if Epson is overheating because of lack of proper airflow.
In this case it may be a motherboard thing. Is projector under warranty?

Very unlikely that cleaning air filter will do anything - That comes into play only if Epson is overheating because of lack of proper airflow.
In this case it may be a motherboard thing. Is projector under warranty?
If motherboard is at fault it should not play at all . even my friend had same problem and it got corrected after cleaning the filter. will check it tomorrow

If motherboard is at fault it should not play at all . even my friend had same problem and it got corrected after cleaning the filter. will check it tomorrow
I hope for your sake that his works for you. However you yourself have stated that there is no Overheating indication, and that's the only thing that airfilter affects. Let us know how it goes. You dont have to worry if projector is under warranty

I hope for your sake that his works for you. However you yourself have stated that there is no Overheating indication, and that's the only thing that airfilter affects. Let us know how it goes. You dont have to worry if projector is under warranty
Purchased on 8 th Dec 2020

Hi i couldn't wait so i removed the filter and cleaned it as suggested .i also did all configuration reset on the projector.
I could play it for 25 mins without hiccups still doing good
It crossed critical time of 15-18 mins.
So be ware such a thing can happen and a simple remedy will solve the issue.
This information is there on the net also
Thanks for suggestions.hope it keeps on working.

Last edited:
Purchased on 8 th Dec 2020

Hi i couldn't wait so i removed the filter and cleaned it as suggested .i also did all configuration reset on the projector.
I could play it for 25 mins without hiccups still doing good
It crossed critical time of 15-18 mins.
So be ware such a thing can happen and a simple remedy will solve the issue.
This information is there on the net also
Thanks for suggestions.hope it keeps on working.
Why are you concerning yourself with troubleshooting. If it is indeed just 1.2 years old and you purchased from India then it should be in warranty. Simply call support and let them handle it

I had an issue recently with flickering same model as yours tw9400... The due diligence from their end was a bit elongated and took a month and 3 visits... But in the end they gave me a brand new projector as replacement

Why are you concerning yourself with troubleshooting. If it is indeed just 1.2 years old and you purchased from India then it should be in warranty. Simply call support and let them handle it

I had an issue recently with flickering same model as yours tw9400... The due diligence from their end was a bit elongated and took a month and 3 visits... But in the end they gave me a brand new projector as replacement
Warranty is for 1 yr i believe.
As filter cleaning was supposed to be done by us i did it .if it fails then i will be left with no option of calling them.

Warranty is for 1 yr i believe.
As filter cleaning was supposed to be done by us i did it .if it fails then i will be left with no option of calling them.
As per this attached brochure from Epson India its 2 years warranty for the projector and 1 Year or 1000 hrs on Lamp, whichever comes first..

If you have a dedicated line for the HT, use an online UPS (preferably outside the room or even house) and manage the same. If you buy a good quality pure sine wave UPS it should also help you for both protection and backup.

As per this attached brochure from Epson India its 2 years warranty for the projector and 1 Year or 1000 hrs on Lamp, whichever comes first..

thank you that's what I was wondering why do I remember 2 years...and I had spent so much on projector and researching...now forgot all of it :p just enjoying the projector...touchwood

Thanks for the information.i was under the impression and online search showed 1 yr warranty.
.any how the problem is solved now.today morning also i ran it for 1 hr no issues .one strange thing i noticed is the fan has become silent almost inaudible infact i had check for hot air coming out of the exit vent by keeping my hand over there.
Initially it was making some noise but not silent and since 1 day was little louder especially before and after shutting off

Thanks for the information.i was under the impression and online search showed 1 yr warranty.
.any how the problem is solved now.today morning also i ran it for 1 hr no issues .one strange thing i noticed is the fan has become silent almost inaudible infact i had check for hot air coming out of the exit vent by keeping my hand over there.
Initially it was making some noise but not silent and since 1 day was little louder especially before and after shutting off
It must be heating issues then. Now that filter is clean, epson doesnt has to run fans faster to push air through it, therefore its quieter. Was there much dust in filter when you cleaned it?

It must be heating issues then. Now that filter is clean, epson doesnt has to run fans faster to push air through it, therefore its quieter. Was there much dust in filter when you cleaned it?
V minimal could notice it barely on gentle tapping .i also used vaccum suction.

what instructions/youtube did you follow to clean the filters? What was the difficulty for inexperienced untalented person/10?

what instructions/youtube did you follow to clean the filters? What was the difficulty for inexperienced untalented person/10?
It's easy just remove the filter cover on front to left of lens
Pul the cartridge filter out
Gently tap it and use vaccum suction and reintroduce.
It's like removing battery cover

Hi the problem reappered. I did factory reset again it was getting auto swithoff intermittently not all the time.
So as suggested i raised complaint on customer care today morning at 9 and gave them details of serial number.
At 11 i got call and service engineer visited at 4 pm
The usual problems are
1.lamp issues needed to be removed and reinstalled .he did that
2. The lamp requires 440 v it seems so inside the projector they will have voltage blast , sometimes that will be at fault .that needs to be replaced.
He didn't even ask for invoice.thry have it all online.it was 1.2 yrs old . warranty is for 2 yrs for projector and 1 yr for lamp.
He has reinstalled lamp and suggested me to run it for 2 days if it persists then the blast unit needs to be replaced ofcourse free of cost .
Complaint will be closed once i give them clearence.
Epson customer care was really helpful and i didn't feel any stress .
Price for new lamp for 9400 is 7.5 k
In my case the same lamp was reinstalled

Last edited:
My panasonic AE1000 projector used to shutoff after 10mins due to faulty auto iris. It needs to be lubricated. It was not an easy procedure but needed a lot of patience and skill and dexterity in order to not ruin the lcd panel while spraying the cleaning as well as lubrication solution.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back