Auto Tuba Build

sudhishkv

I just upgraded my car audio HU to Pioneer AVH-P8490. My current amp is a Sony 4 channel one. I am planning to go for the 5 channel Infinity Reference 5359a. I am building the new Auto Tuba to replace my current Sony subwoofer.

Going to use the Rockford Fosgate P1S4-10 driver. Here are the pictures

Is this sub recommended for the autotuba build? The recommended driver is jbl gto 804 / MCM TandBang sub drivers. I am also looking for the autotuba build, but couldnt get the jbl 804 locally. Have you checked the feasibility with Bill?

is it safe to use extra amp/ subs in a car? I have heard lot of fire cases and auto companies blame users for sub installations.

Is this sub recommended for the autotuba build? The recommended driver is jbl gto 804 / MCM TandBang sub drivers. I am also looking for the autotuba build, but couldnt get the jbl 804 locally. Have you checked the feasibility with Bill?

I didn't check with Bill. But when I checked the document, this comes closer to the requirements. Also 10" subs are very difficult get nowadays. I payed a 5K for this. And the new amp is going to cost me another 16K :sad:

Here is the details of the driver if you want to check.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=36293&picture_id=713666

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/supp....php?p_faqid=1011&p_li=&p_topview=1#knowledge

Last edited:
is it safe to use extra amp/ subs in a car? I have heard lot of fire cases and auto companies blame users for sub installations.

it all boils down to the wiring. provided you do not cut, do not use wires with joints and do use the appropriate gauge power cable, all should be well. one part that installers fail to remember is that the car electrics are negative ground. therefore if a mega amp that requires 0 gauge wiring is used; they put a 0 gauge wire from the + battery to the amp, which is fine. but the cable from the car's ground to the battery negative terminal, which in addition to handling the amp; has to handle the additional duties such as lights, assorted car electricals (ac blower et al), the starter motor becomes the weak link. that also needs to be over engineered..

overall if you think through everything and pay attention to the install, there should not be any scope for damage

Just got the delivery of Infinity Kappa Five amp. Bought it for $240 from easy and $70 for shipping. Here are the images

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back